Author Topic: OFWGKTA  (Read 19343 times)

Relaxer

Re: OFWGKTA
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 03:08:46 pm »

"I was not at the Odd Wolf Future Death performance either, DeathFromAbove1979"
oword

heather

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:25 pm »
the ol' rapper with 'difficult'/offensive lyrics debate. still?

to me, it's not so much a "debate" as a personal consideration.  but sure, i think this will always be so.  it's not something i gave much thought to in my teens and 20s; now in my 30s, my perspective is a bit different, as are my sensitivities.

very, very young crowd.  security kept it in check, but even when the crowd surged forward & back, it wasn't really enough to physically move you ;)

wml7

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2011, 08:06:11 pm »
in line at sonar, weird mix of people should be a great show

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2011, 09:32:28 pm »
Seeing them at U Hall was enough for me. I almost went to the RNR show but decided to get drunk somewhere else. And you'd be surprised that some black folks have heard of them. LOL.

Case in point: they're young and they're not doing anything shock value wise that is new; they're timing of what they're doing......fuckin' perfect. What got them buzzing is how many young kids like them even if the message is shit like "fuck school" and etc. Good and bad. That crew has potential to be something greater than what they are now. The problem is the hype and the talent doesn't match like it should. Live shows are dope as hell. Some of the music if you hear it.....hit or miss; and this is coming from someone who's downloaded a lot of their stuff and gave quite a few of the albums some rotation (MellowHype is still my fav., BTW).

The comparisons to Wu.....not good. Wu is a whole different time and breed. You gotta let these little dudes do what they do and go from there.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2011, 09:10:15 am »
Comparisons to Wu Tang are even shunned by the group themselves. I think it's awful. I heard someone in the crowd say that and I wanted to hit them.
‼‼?‼‼

nkotb

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2011, 09:16:03 am »
No, good call.  There's absolutely nothing similar about a collective of nine angry rappers that came out in the 90's hungry for their time in the spotlight that went on to release countless wide-ranging solo and group albums while adding additional loosely-affiliate members to their ranks and a a collective of 11 angry rappers that came out in the 10's  hungry for their time in the spotlight that have released countless wide-ranging solo and group albums.

Comparisons to Wu Tang are even shunned by the group themselves. I think it's awful. I heard someone in the crowd say that and I wanted to hit them.

Relaxer

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2011, 09:20:00 am »
And who constantly chant WU TANG WU TANG in half their songs oh wait I meant WOLF GANG WOLF GANG in half their songs
oword

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2011, 10:26:45 am »
No, good call.  There's absolutely nothing similar about a collective of nine angry rappers that came out in the 90's hungry for their time in the spotlight that went on to release countless wide-ranging solo and group albums while adding additional loosely-affiliate members to their ranks and a a collective of 11 angry rappers that came out in the 10's  hungry for their time in the spotlight that have released countless wide-ranging solo and group albums.

I just cherish Wu Tang is all hahaha anyone can think whatever they want. OF think they're more than a collection of rappers. They consider themselves a rap crew, production crew, skate crew. Just saying. WU TANG!
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2011, 10:38:33 am »
Odd Future and their fans should heed this advice:

<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2011, 12:04:24 pm »
Who's to say Odd Future fans aren't Wu Tang fans?

Wu Tang fans aren't the right people to mess with.
‼‼?‼‼

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2011, 02:48:06 pm »
The knucklehead group of Wu/Odd Future fans I walked in after last night certainly acted like they were nothin' to F with.  There was plenty of chatter about how how many heads they were bustin' and all the fights they expected to get into that night.

::)

wml7

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2011, 02:56:01 pm »
It was an alright show.  Never been to Sonar, and it's not a bad venue.  The security sure had their work cut out for them  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2011, 12:08:15 pm »
Faux snarky post redacted. Didn't see all these details yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:10:21 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2011, 12:19:16 pm »
Steve Albini's take on ODD FUTURE

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/08/steve_albini_do.html#more

from the comments: "Odd Future is black-people ICP and everyone's going to be ashamed of listening to this by next year."

WIN
<sig>