Author Topic: 2011 NHL Playoffs  (Read 29930 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: 2011 NHL Playoffs
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 12:48:42 pm »
which TV channel carried the game last night?  Comcast?

i set up my DVR to record the game on Versus, but i came home to "best of the NHL special" - AKA the filler they put on for in-market games. 

Rookie.
directv's dvr will record the right one for you, even if you set it incorrectly
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:15 pm »
i'm on Fios, so the directv thingy doesn't help unfortunately.

i set up my dvr online yesterday, and the game was listed as being on versus in the online interface.  had i been less rushed it probably would have occurred to me to check comcast.  anyhoo, i'm all set for tonight.  thanks, team.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 01:35:43 pm »
Don't feel too bad. I didn't start watching the game last night until 7 because I assumed playoff games on the east coast start at, you know, 7.

vansmack

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »
directv's dvr will record the right one for you, even if you set it incorrectly

You have come far, young padawan.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 01:52:54 pm »
may the 4th be with you
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 03:07:57 pm »
Two players who need to be traded immediately when the season is over is Alexander Semin and Nick Backstrom. Two Marian Gaborik-style overpaid, content sacks of shit who would rather float around the ice and wait to shoot the puck than do what it takes to win playoff hockey games, i.e. get in front of the net and the corners and get the shit kicked out of them for the sake of the team. There are only four players on this team with even a fucking idea of what grinding entails: Ovechkin, Knuble, Chimera and Arnott. Everyone else is skating around like they've never played playoff hockey before.

Also, our defensemen are fucking pathetic. Erskine and Shultz are god awful, Mike Green needs to be dealt while he still has decent value (his next concussion will probably be his last).

How predictable to see the Caps blow a 3-2 lead in a matter of 30 seconds. This whole "converting to a defensive system" during midseason was a bunch of fucking garbage. This team's defense is AWFUL! AWFUL! You can't teach an old dog new tricks. You can't get a bunch of overpaid lazy piles of shit like Backstrom and Semin to play defense and grind. Even more than Bruce, McPhee needs to have his feet held to the fire for this shiftless, offensive lineup full of LAZY PUSSIES.

Lazy fucking pussies.
Shultz is piss poor and I don't know how he has remained on the team and Hendricks gets scratched. Alzner and Carlson are giving Shultz a run for his money. I wouldn't miss him if they stopped playing him.

It's unfortunate to say, but I do think Semin and Nicky could go. They've shown through multiple series that they're pretty much worthless in the post season and we don't need regular season stars at this point, we need championship, 82 game playing, 16 playoff game winning players.

It's so sad to see Ovi taking the puck through the zone and getting hacked by 3-4 lightning players and no one being behind him. I feel that his play is inspiring, but to no one on the team. I wish Ovi would call everyone out, as the captain, and demand some sort of heart be shown. Boudreau blaming everyone else and complaining, this team has to fucking man up or else this stigma of being a finesse team and chokers will never go away. In 7 horus we'll know if this whole season was a waste or if there's any hope left.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »
Semin has scored a decent amount of points this postseason (compared to Backstrom's pitiful two) so McPhee would be able to get a pretty good amount in return, plus Semin only has one year left so he could get dealt to a team that wants to clear up cap space. Backstrom, on the other hand, ALSO just got his big deal, but isn't putting up ANY points nor effort. Makes me fucking sick.

You know who I want on my team? Guys like Ryan Malone. Proven winners who are bad, hard-nosed motherfuckers who only know one way to play: HARD AT THE NET. Malone also is amazingly able to score goals as well. See, McPhee? It IS possible to be able to both play defense AND score goals! Amazing.

You know what else makes me fucking sick? We hear all this bullshit PATIENCE from that fat fuck Ted. Patience with Bruce. Patience with the lineup. Patience with McPhee. But in his first fucking season as GM, Steve Yzerman is gonna have his charges in the conference finals.

Fuck you, Ted. Show some stones and hire the Assistant GM out of Detroit.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:41:38 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »
i can assure you ryan malone is not worth his contract
o/\o

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »
Someone needs to come in, roll up a newspaper, and smack everyone in the organization on the nose. From ted down to DJ King. It's been a great run to here, but if this is where we get to every year then a change has to be made. You don't accumulate this kind of talent just to squander it.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »
this kind of talent

I think this is the big question: Are they TRULY that talented?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 05:15:56 pm »
this kind of talent

I think this is the big question: Are they TRULY that talented?
I think it is, but we're dealing with a bunch of players who have been told they're talented so they kind of expect things to happen instead of busting their asses for chances.

If we let Nick, Mike, and Alex Semin go, I wouldn't be sad or surprised. Green played well when he came back, but hasn't produced and has turned out to be more a liability. Semin fell off this series, and Nicky is a ghost. We need people who will crash the net and step up when they need to. Bring Perreault back up.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 06:01:29 pm »
Bring Perreault back up.
To do what?  Crash the net?  Hah.

I don't think so.

He hasn't EVER been able to put together more than two or three productive games.

At one point I took a shining to that kid.  He's cute and a wily at times.  But so far from what this teem needs.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 11:50:29 pm »
well that was uninspired.
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 08:51:31 am »
You said everything would be fine....LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE.

Ho-hum another Caps season comes to an end in it's usual fashion.......
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:13:48 am by Frank Gallagher »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 09:09:09 am »
I chalk it up to George Washington pissing on something holy.
‼‼?‼‼