Author Topic: 2011 NHL Playoffs  (Read 29925 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: 2011 NHL Playoffs
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 10:10:26 am »
same old Caps

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 10:55:57 am »
Backstrom will stay, having just signed that expensive long term contract.

Knuble stays.  Top line stays the same next year.  Hopefully Backstrom will come back with something better.

Semin must go, and will.

Laich must go, but may not.

Bye bye DJ.

Enjoy another year in Hershey Matthieu.  You're right where you belong.

Sturm will be gone, he was filler.

Arnott will stay.

Hendricks.  Please keep.

Poti, enjoy your retirement.

Hanan stays.

Sarge and Sloan...blah.  Our D needs more than warm bodies.

A healthy Wideman will be nice, he will stay.

Green, I just don't know.  He's kindof the NHL whipping boy (and i mean that literally.  teams love picking on him), and is one concussion away from low value, but I liked the way his game progressed this year.  Might be too much of a poster boy to get rid of, but if they did i wouldn't be cryin at all.

Carlson and Alzner will remain a pair.  Carlson didn't have a very good series from what little I saw...not very responsible with the puck.  Seemed a little overwhelmed, deer in the headlights.

Erskine.  Please keep this guy.  He adds much needed toughness and spark to this team.  He stepped up this year with the guts and fists.  And pretty much negates the need to keep a roster spot for some loser like DJ King.  How many times did he dress this year?  10?

Varly gets dealt, Neuvirth and Holtby get the goalie of the moment treatment next year.  I'm honestly shocked that Varly didn't get the start last night.  After 3 straight losses and back to back games, you got to make a change.  Bad move Bruce.

And Gabby.  wow.  After a good 1st round performance I didn't think i'd be saying this, but he's gotta go.  The bolts just owned us.  All the SE division banners don't mean shit if he can't coach in the playoffs.  He was out coached.  Badly.  Made NO adjustments to deal with the 1-3-1.  And if he did he could not get his guys to execute them.  He showed me nothing this series.  Nothing at all.  Maybe too many carpet and car commercials.  I've liked him but he's gotta go.

Two epic meltdowns two years in a row.  A tradition is born.  Right now Sergei's 3rd period goal in game 7 against the rangers in 2009 is the last sweet memory this team has.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:08:43 pm by chaz »

vansmack

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 01:49:06 pm »
I warned you all that this thread needs to die.  You should heed Smackie's warning next time...
27>34

chaz

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2011, 01:51:24 pm »
I warned you all that this thread needs to die.  You should heed Smackie's warning next time...
I'm going to follow the Redskins model and let it rot and fester.  Poke it with a stick.  Come back a little later.  Take a big whiff.  Bitch.  Cry.  Leave.  Come back. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2011, 02:33:51 pm »
note the title of this thread.  hard to believe, but there is more to the playoffs than the caps so the thread will remain relevant beyond last night's elimination.  definitely sucks to have the home team knocked out but still plenty of quality hockey to be played.

in other news, i was watching the SJ-DET game last night and TSN was providing coverage.  i don't remember the last time anyone used the word "biscuit" that many times to refer to the puck.  i like it when they call it "the biscuit".
<sig>

chaz

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »
note the title of this thread.  hard to believe, but there is more to the playoffs than the caps so the thread will remain relevant beyond last night's elimination.  definitely sucks to have the home team knocked out but still plenty of quality hockey to be played.

in other news, i was watching the SJ-DET game last night and TSN was providing coverage.  i don't remember the last time anyone used the word "biscuit" that many times to refer to the puck.  i like it when they call it "the biscuit".

thank you thank you thank you. 

I will enjoy the rest, though unfortunately the potential matchups that are shaping up are not as compelling as they could have been.  BUT, at least I won't be watching my team flail around out there.

And I'll take my biscuit bouncing, please.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »

Locker used to say "biscuit" in between every vowel a couple years ago. Wonder what happened to that. He talks more about mustard and lazers now.

Bruins AND Sharks up 3-0? Kinda fucking crazy. Quickest 2nd round ever!
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 03:41:58 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately. This pussy needs to be on the first bus out of town.

Semin must go, and will.

Doubt it. Ted will be a pussy and state that his eight points (most in the first round) were worth his ridiculous salary. Him and Backstrom need to be traded now.

Green, I just don't know.  He's kindof the NHL whipping boy (and i mean that literally.  teams love picking on him), and is one concussion away from low value, but I liked the way his game progressed this year.  Might be too much of a poster boy to get rid of, but if they did i wouldn't be cryin at all.

We like Mike but we all see the writing on the wall. Sub-average defensive defenseman and his next concussion will be his last. He's already going downhill value-wise, move him NOW before we can't even get a bag of pucks and a log of dip for him.

Carlson and Alzner will remain a pair.  Carlson didn't have a very good series from what little I saw...not very responsible with the puck.  Seemed a little overwhelmed, deer in the headlights.

Both were awful this playoff season.

Erskine.  Please keep this guy.  He adds much needed toughness and spark to this team.  He stepped up this year with the guts and fists.  And pretty much negates the need to keep a roster spot for some loser like DJ King.  How many times did he dress this year?  10?

Who gives a fuck? Whole lotta fighting in the playoffs.

I'm honestly shocked that Varly didn't get the start last night.  After 3 straight losses and back to back games, you got to make a change.  Bad move Bruce.

You're kidding, right? Mike was the only guy keeping the Caps in Game 3.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »
Dear Ted Leonsis:

For years, us Caps fans have accepted your bullshit takes of "Be patient. We're doing things the right way." All season long, we accepted your bullshit take of "We're transitioning into a defense-oriented team." All season long, we accepted your bullshit take that "we're building a team for the postseason."

Fuck you, Ted. We're sick of your bullshit phony karmic philosophies. Your happy-go-lucky garbage like "The Pursuit of Happiness (Made Easier When You're Smoking Blunts Rolled in $1,000 Bills)" We're sick of you endorsing regular season hockey players. We're sick and fucking tired of you and your GM, George McPhee, continuing to bloat the egos of your young, regular-season oriented, defense-allergic players with huge fucking contracts they don't deserve. Stop telling us you're "locking up the core of your franchise." You eliminated the hunger from these young charges and you are reaping the fucking rewards.

We're sick and fucking tired of you, Ted. You can't teach old dogs new tricks. How the hell were a bunch of finesse, soft and offensive-oriented players like Backstrom and Semin (who need to be traded IMMEDIATELY), Fehr, Bradley, Green, Shultz, Alzner and Carlson all of the sudden going play defense-first, hard-nosed playoff hockey? They weren't. Watching Ovechkin sacrifice his body while assholes like Semin and Backstrom float around the top of the circles, waiting for a blast? Get the fuck out of here. Taking bad penalties, turning the puck over in the defensive zone? I've seen midget teams play more inspired. Fehr, Bradley, Shultz and Alzner couldn't clog up a toilet if their lives depended on it, never the less clog up a neutral zone. NICE FUCKING LINEUP THERE, TED.

Enough, Ted. Take your blog and shove it up your ass. Take your snarky ass replies to local press who criticize you on your obviously idiotic personnel decisions and put them in your piehole. Ted, ever heard the phrase "If you sit down at a poker table and can't find the sucker, you're the sucker?" Yeah, and if you can't realize that Ernie Grunfeld is not the future of the Wizards, YOU are the Grade-A, bonafide moron, not those who call you on your stupidity. What an uninspired pile of shit you dropped on us for 2011. Tampa, who BARELY, BARELY squeaked by a depleted Pittsburgh team without its two best players somehow looks UNSTOPPABLE because they're playing a soft team like the Caps?

Fuck you, Ted. We're sick and fucking tired of your "be patient" attitude towards McPhee and Bruce. Steve fucking Yzerman is in his first fucking year as GM of the Lightning and they're about to be eight wins away from a Cup. How is it that a franchise in complete and utter disarray one season ago is about to play in the conference semis? Oh that's right, running into a Washington team made for the regular season. But they're doing things the "right" way, folks.

Can't believe I'm about to say this. Fire McPhee, lean towards firing Bruce and hire the first fucking assistant GM available out of Detroit. Obviously Jimmy Devellano has a better eye for future GM talent than you do.

Screw you, Ted. You make me fucking sick. The Crapitals are back, baby!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »
Also note, one of the players said "the coaches laid out the game plan, we didn't execute." THIS FALLS SOLELY ON MCPHEE!!!!!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2011, 03:54:33 pm »
Oh and Ted, take your apologies and shove the up your fucking ass. You apologize for spilling beer on someone or for stepping on their toe. There is nothing to apologize for in this year's playoff fiasco. You built this team, you enabled McPhee to put together this soft fucking roster and YOU hired the coach. Nothing to apologize for. Accept responsibility and put your money where your fucking mouth is.

I totally expect Ted to be a pussy and break out more "be patient, we're doing things the right way" takes.

Fuck you, Ted.

chaz

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2011, 04:04:26 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately. This pussy needs to be on the first bus out of town.

Semin must go, and will.

Doubt it. Ted will be a pussy and state that his eight points (most in the first round) were worth his ridiculous salary. Him and Backstrom need to be traded now.

We like Mike but we all see the writing on the wall. Sub-average defensive defenseman and his next concussion will be his last. He's already going downhill value-wise, move him NOW before we can't even get a bag of pucks and a log of dip for him.

Both were awful this playoff season.

Who gives a fuck? Whole lotta fighting in the playoffs.

I'm honestly shocked that Varly didn't get the start last night.  After 3 straight losses and back to back games, you got to make a change.  Bad move Bruce.

You're kidding, right? Mike was the only guy keeping the Caps in Game 3.
Not talking about game 3...game 4.
And don't be so angry.  Bad for you health and spirit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:10:49 pm by chaz »

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2011, 04:04:47 pm »
So what I'm reading here is the the Caps are a bunch of pussies for the most part....right?

At least when they had their annual post-season choke when I was a season ticket holder, they went down fighting....literally. Their talent could not quite match their heart in those days.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »
Dear Ted Leonsis:

For years, us Caps fans have accepted your bullshit takes of "Be patient. We're doing things the right way." All season long, we accepted your bullshit take of "We're transitioning into a defense-oriented team." All season long, we accepted your bullshit take that "we're building a team for the postseason."

Fuck you, Ted. We're sick of your bullshit phony karmic philosophies. Your happy-go-lucky garbage like "The Pursuit of Happiness (Made Easier When You're Smoking Blunts Rolled in $1,000 Bills)" We're sick of you endorsing regular season hockey players. We're sick and fucking tired of you and your GM, George McPhee, continuing to bloat the egos of your young, regular-season oriented, defense-allergic players with huge fucking contracts they don't deserve. Stop telling us you're "locking up the core of your franchise." You eliminated the hunger from these young charges and you are reaping the fucking rewards.

We're sick and fucking tired of you, Ted. You can't teach old dogs new tricks. How the hell were a bunch of finesse, soft and offensive-oriented players like Backstrom and Semin (who need to be traded IMMEDIATELY), Fehr, Bradley, Green, Shultz, Alzner and Carlson all of the sudden going play defense-first, hard-nosed playoff hockey? They weren't. Watching Ovechkin sacrifice his body while assholes like Semin and Backstrom float around the top of the circles, waiting for a blast? Get the fuck out of here. Taking bad penalties, turning the puck over in the defensive zone? I've seen midget teams play more inspired. Fehr, Bradley, Shultz and Alzner couldn't clog up a toilet if their lives depended on it, never the less clog up a neutral zone. NICE FUCKING LINEUP THERE, TED.

Enough, Ted. Take your blog and shove it up your ass. Take your snarky ass replies to local press who criticize you on your obviously idiotic personnel decisions and put them in your piehole. Ted, ever heard the phrase "If you sit down at a poker table and can't find the sucker, you're the sucker?" Yeah, and if you can't realize that Ernie Grunfeld is not the future of the Wizards, YOU are the Grade-A, bonafide moron, not those who call you on your stupidity. What an uninspired pile of shit you dropped on us for 2011. Tampa, who BARELY, BARELY squeaked by a depleted Pittsburgh team without its two best players somehow looks UNSTOPPABLE because they're playing a soft team like the Caps?

Fuck you, Ted. We're sick and fucking tired of your "be patient" attitude towards McPhee and Bruce. Steve fucking Yzerman is in his first fucking year as GM of the Lightning and they're about to be eight wins away from a Cup. How is it that a franchise in complete and utter disarray one season ago is about to play in the conference semis? Oh that's right, running into a Washington team made for the regular season. But they're doing things the "right" way, folks.

Can't believe I'm about to say this. Fire McPhee, lean towards firing Bruce and hire the first fucking assistant GM available out of Detroit. Obviously Jimmy Devellano has a better eye for future GM talent than you do.

Screw you, Ted. You make me fucking sick. The Crapitals are back, baby!

that's...pretty much what i would write if i was a caps fan

not really too hopeful with ted at the reigns of the wizards, who i do root for
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »
note the title of this thread.  hard to believe, but there is more to the playoffs than the caps so the thread will remain relevant beyond last night's elimination. 

We'll see who watches a Tampa Bay-San Jose final, and more importantly, who's the first to complain about "all these expansion teams ruining hockey for the True North"....

But it is good to see TMUL is taking the elimination in stride...
27>34