Author Topic: U2 parking & logistics questions  (Read 24142 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: U2 parking & logistics questions
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 04:12:08 pm »
I remember seeing U2 at RFK during the Zoo TV tour and he got all pissy because he couldn't get through to the Whitehouse on the phone.....

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 03:58:19 am »
I remember seeing U2 one time but then I woke up and the nightmare was over!
FUKIT

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 09:08:34 am »
Regardless of Rat Bastard's sentiments...great show last night.  Personally I had no problem with parking or traffic.  As with Ravens games, it usually is easy to get in and out of downtown stadium area (unlike the dump in Raljon).

eros

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 09:16:54 am »
Regardless of Rat Bastard's sentiments...great show last night.  Personally I had no problem with parking or traffic.  As with Ravens games, it usually is easy to get in and out of downtown stadium area (unlike the dump in Raljon).

This.  Great setlist (opening with four in a row from Achtung Baby!) - the show has really evolved and improved since the last time it was here.

Yes, Bono's voice isn't what it used to be, but....

ʎɐʍou

walkonby

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:41 am »
"[Glastonbury] is about a band being able to get up and play the music and there aren't bells and whistles, necessarily," drummer Larry Mullen Jr. tells BBC Radio 1. "That's a challenge for us and we've got something to prove."

gotta love an era (pink, lady gaga, u2) in music . . . when the music takes a back seat to the show.

Bags

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 10:59:14 am »
Thought the show was great.  I'm not a fan of stadium shows, but this is how you do it.  I'd gotten rock star parking pass (Suite parking right outside entrance) so getting in was awesome.  Getting out took a while, but the car was comfy, a.c. on and music good.  And it was our own doing -- we took the time for potty break, etc.

But driving is what it is -- 2 hours from downtown DC to stadium, leaving at 4:15.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 11:31:37 am »
Having seem them twice I have to say, although don't consider myself a 'fan', they put on a damn good show. I went to RFK for both the zoo tv and shopping cart/walmart (aka piss take of USA) tour.

A friend got me the ticket because she's a huge fan and wanted someone to go with, and I have no shame in saying I'm glad I went.

My main issue with them has nothing to do with their musical talent. It's Bono's self righteious attitude, while at the same time tax-dodging like the hypocrit he is.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 01:38:52 pm »
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/midnight_sun/blog/2011/06/review_u2_with_florence_and_th.html

some of the comments are funny

did James Ford posted this?

"How do you get 80,000 losers to migrate to one specific location?"

(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 02:13:31 pm »
I like this one:

"U2's catalog of so many good songs to choose from gives them a lot to choose from!"

nkotb

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 02:16:12 pm »
That statement's stupidity is what makes it so stupid.

I like this one:

"U2's catalog of so many good songs to choose from gives them a lot to choose from!"

hutch

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 02:16:59 pm »
when something gets so big i just lose interest unless the music is great and in U2's case its just not

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:23:01 pm by hutch »

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 02:26:23 pm »
when something gets so big i just lose interest unless the music is great and in U2's case its just not

Delete U2 - add The Beatles
Delete U2 - add The Rolling Stones
Delete U2 - add Bruce Springsteen
Delete U2 - add Nirvana
Delete U2 - add ? ? ? (so many really)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 02:30:04 pm »

Delete U2 - add Nirvana

As far as I'm concerned, the beatles are in their own stratosphere.  They can not be touched.  They are pretty much my only sacred cow. 

Sir HC

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 03:09:00 pm »
It was a great show, an amazing spectacle.  A decent show.

The drums sounded bad, kick was often lost in the mix, and the snare always sounded like tearing newspaper, thin and meh.  There was some harshness in the overall sound, so earplugs it was.  Guitars sounded amazing, Bono sounded like Bono, bass was there.

But the lights and the stage setup was jaw droppingly huge.  Impressive.

Still, several shows this year were better.

It was not an intimate concert, but a giant spectacle, and as that it was great.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 03:31:13 pm »

Delete U2 - add Nirvana

As far as I'm concerned, the beatles are in their own stratosphere.  They can not be touched.  They are pretty much my only sacred cow. 

And I completely respect your opinion, even though I may not agree with it.