Author Topic: U2 parking & logistics questions  (Read 24149 times)

walkonby

Re: U2 parking & logistics questions
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 03:36:47 pm »
when something gets so big i just lose interest unless the music is great and in U2's case its just not

Delete U2 - add The Beatles
Delete U2 - add The Rolling Stones
Delete U2 - add Bruce Springsteen
Delete U2 - add Nirvana
Delete U2 - add ? ? ? (so many really)

man . . . you really hate nirvana don't you.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 03:46:21 pm »
when something gets so big i just lose interest unless the music is great and in U2's case its just not

Delete U2 - add The Beatles
Delete U2 - add The Rolling Stones
Delete U2 - add Bruce Springsteen
Delete U2 - add Nirvana
Delete U2 - add ? ? ? (so many really)

As far as I'm concerned, the beatles are in their own stratosphere.  They can not be touched.  They are pretty much my only sacred cow. 

And I completely respect your opinion, even though I may not agree with it.

How fucking DARE you respect my opinion when you don't even agree with it!!!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 05:06:30 pm »
My short review:

Bono's singing, in excellent voice, really loved the Italian part of Miss Sarajevo.
Mix, not so great, especially early. 
Earplugs, awesome.
Visuals, insane.
Astronaut video cameo, I actually got goose-bumps.
Bono?s preaching, my eyes glazed over.
Song selection, of course I would have liked more early stuff and nothing from the NLOTH record, but overall, a solid B+.
Heat and Humidity, stifling.
Bladders of others in our row, teeny tiny.  We had more traffic in and out of our row than: [fill in inappropriate punch-line here]
Parking and Travel, pretty damn easy.
Nancy Pelosi, bright blue ensemble that was totally inappropriate for the weather.

oh, and Flo and Mascho - did not work for me in this setting.  Why can't the opener ever be mixed right?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 05:27:15 pm »
Why can't the opener ever be mixed right?

because then they might outshine the main act, so they're mixed imperfectly on purpose... to keep them in their place.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 06:05:26 pm »
AC DC is a great rock and roll band.. the Stones...

U2? I don't think anyone would say they are a great rock and roll band.. most comments about their concerts are about the frickin' claw.. or "they know how to do a stadium show".. there's hardly ever any comments about the performance..

Watching Let There Be Rock DVD right now... ACDC: thats a band that knows how to throw down.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:22:09 pm by hutch »

Mobius

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 10:36:13 pm »
U2 is a GREAT rock and roll band. . .among other things

They get away with Bono's BS b/c at the core they're unimpeachable . . .e.g. watching footage of Zoo TV today it looks completely retarded . . .but it was an amazing show . . .because the music fookin moves you, man . . .the spectacle is gravy

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:15:52 am by Mobius »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 03:00:44 am »

They get away with Bono's BS b/c at the core they're unimpeachable . . .e.g. watching footage of Zoo TV today it looks completely retarded . . .but it was an amazing show . . .because the music fookin moves you, man . . .the spectacle is gravy

More like average run of the mill musicians.  Anyone of them is 100% interchangeable with any one of numerous session guys for the given instrument.  They would actually be better off if they got rid of Bone-Ho...
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 06:32:26 am »
I think it's absoultely hilarious that someone over the age of 15 and under the age of 60 thinks ACDC "throws it down".

Do your kids refer to you and "Beavis", "Butthead", or "Grampa"?

U2? I don't think anyone would say they are a great rock and roll band.. most comments about their concerts are about the frickin' claw.. or "they know how to do a stadium show".. there's hardly ever any comments about the performance..

Watching Let There Be Rock DVD right now... ACDC: thats a band that knows how to throw down.

hutch

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 07:35:46 am »
I think it's absoultely hilarious that someone over the age of 15 and under the age of 60 thinks ACDC "throws it down".

Do your kids refer to you and "Beavis", "Butthead", or "Grampa"?

I think you're kidding on the square but  always glad to amuse the hipsters out there! :)

James Ford

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 07:51:11 am »
You've made it pretty clear that to you technical proficiency is more important than songcraft when it comes to grading musicians.

Is the ability to give you a quick efficient orgasm also more important than the storyline when it comes to grading your wife as well?  :D

More like average run of the mill musicians.  Anyone of them is 100% interchangeable with any one of numerous session guys for the given instrument.  They would actually be better off if they got rid of Bone-Ho...

bearman🐻

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 08:38:50 am »
As much as I enjoy some of U2's music, I'd completely agree with the statement that they're not a truly GREAT rock'n'roll band. That being said, I'd say the most talented is the Edge. He's a decent guitarist, but no Hendrix or Clapton. Bono is a passable frontman. He's not an Iggy or Jagger. Or even a Joe Strummer. I'd put him on the level of a Daltrey, without a Who. I think they have great management, and honestly I think they DO bust their asses. A friend of mine toured with PJ Harvey when she opened for U2 and he told me that they relentlessly analyze their performances and setlists to try to see what works and what doesn't for each tour. I'd say for the most part, U2 cares more about their fans than the average band. And that's why people keep going back to them. They're 4 guys with a fair amount of talent who keep working to stay as popular as they are.

brennser

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:22 am »
I went to the show and thought it was great. Had not seen them live since 1987 at Croke Park in Dublin (1st concert I ever went to). Obviously can't compare to a show in a more intimate venue but it was quite a spectacle.

I don't care for very much of what they have released post 1992 or so but the old songs still send shivers up my spine.

Relaxer

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 09:13:48 am »
"Great" is too subjective but other than the Stones maybe, they're the biggest band rock and roll has seen. You can say they're average or just another band, but they've been at the very top of the rock industry for the past 25+ years. And if you look at what they sounded like in 1981, 1987, 1991, 1997, and 2000, those are enormous shifts in sound and vibe.

I'm not even much of a fan of them but to deny what they've accomplished and where they stand is retarded.
oword

walkonby

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 09:25:13 am »
again . . . i bet bono has a big cock.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2011, 09:31:35 am »
I'm not even much of a fan of them but to deny what they've accomplished and where they stand is retarded.

hi, and welcome to www.930.com/forum!
<sig>