Author Topic: Lou Reed and Metallica recording new album?!  (Read 7263 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Lou Reed and Metallica recording new album?!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27:30 pm »
Ratbastard when you say "overrated" does that simply mean a band that millions of people love but you don't?

No I mean the level of their talent is far far below what the hype is that pumps them up.  Mere numbers means very little.  What is 'popular' in this country (to the masses) is whatever the big dollars push down the collective throats of American society.  Not one person in U2 is more than an above average musician.  Their songs are OK, but not much other than over hyped political anthems that allow Bone-Ho to say "look how great I am".  They make your average run of the mill good music, but nothing that even comes close to the level of great.  Metallica, well what can you say.  They are a perfect example of corporate dollars pushing a band to the level they are.  I don't even know where to start with them, but their music really isn't all that good.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 03:31:03 pm »
And let's face it. The average woman who has Dave Matthews in her collection is probably way hotter than all three of the women who listen to Psychedelic Horseshit.

Women go to see Dave Matthews gigs for the music.....men go to Dave Matthews gigs to see women who go to see Dave Matthews gigs.

DMB yet another band that is WAY over rated.  In fact they are more so than the others we are talking.  How the hell they got as big as they are I will never figure out.  Just a typical hippie bar band.  Not to mention his voice makes dogs' ears bleed for miles around every time he opens his mouth!
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »
How many instruments do you play and how well do you play them?

Do you play guitar better than the Edge?

Ratbastard when you say "overrated" does that simply mean a band that millions of people love but you don't?

No I mean the level of their talent is far far below what the hype is that pumps them up.  Mere numbers means very little.  What is 'popular' in this country (to the masses) is whatever the big dollars push down the collective throats of American society.  Not one person in U2 is more than an above average musician.  Their songs are OK, but not much other than over hyped political anthems that allow Bone-Ho to say "look how great I am".  They make your average run of the mill good music, but nothing that even comes close to the level of great.  Metallica, well what can you say.  They are a perfect example of corporate dollars pushing a band to the level they are.  I don't even know where to start with them, but their music really isn't all that good.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 03:43:30 pm »
This is all just subjective windbag horseshit.

Beethoven is so overrated.
Charles Mingus is so overrated.
Leadbelly is so overrated.
The Smiths are so overrated.
Smelly Sonic Monkey Semen is so overrated.

Every band or musician in the history of music is so overrated.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:46:35 pm by chaz »

wml7

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:31 pm »

;D

hutch

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »
and here I was just thinking it was an interesting collaboration...

Mobius

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »
When Metallica and Lou Reed played together it sounded much like Rock and Roll Animal.  So it makes more sense than one may think.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 04:09:29 pm »
Yeah I totally saw this coming.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 04:35:56 pm »
This is all just subjective windbag horseshit.

Beethoven is so overrated.
Charles Mingus is so overrated.
Leadbelly is so overrated.
The Smiths are so overrated.
Smelly Sonic Monkey Semen is so overrated.

Every band or musician in the history of music is so overrated.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

wait...what....Smiths????

walkonby

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »
frankie posting cute picture posts?  i knew that one day i would rub off on him the right way.  that's hotttt.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 06:14:37 pm »
How many instruments do you play and how well do you play them?

Do you play guitar better than the Edge?

What I can or cannot play is 100% irrelevant.  Surely you understand that.  I may or may not play better than 'edge' (lol how lame is that name alone), but I know for a fact that there are a vast number of guitarists who do play immensely better than he does.
FUKIT

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 07:27:42 pm »
Being able to play guitar fast or appearing on the cover Guitar Player magazine doesn't make one more talented...  The Edge developed a specific style and sound which many prefer over say the sound and style of Sevendust.
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 02:42:05 pm »
Overheard at the Baltimore 10-Miler this morning:

Woman #1: "100.3 is our classic rock station."
Woman #2: "Classic rock?"
Woman #1: "Yeah. You know - like Bon Jovi and U2."

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 04:00:00 pm »
Overheard at the Baltimore 10-Miler this morning:

Woman #1: "100.3 is our classic rock station."
Woman #2: "Classic rock?"
Woman #1: "Yeah. You know - like Bon Jovi and U2."

Now THAT was funny!
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 04:02:16 pm »
Being able to play guitar fast or appearing on the cover Guitar Player magazine doesn't make one more talented...  The Edge developed a specific style and sound which many prefer over say the sound and style of Sevendust.

I'm sure some prefer his style more than that of Hendrix, Clapton, Page, Vai, and an endless list of others who are vastly more talented than he is.  Crap even that poser EVH is better than edge. 
FUKIT