Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 439017 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »
?Clown question, bro? takes off, with a T-shirt, a beer and a trademark
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25/clown-question-bro-takes-off-with-a-t-shirt-a-beer-and-a-trademark/

interesting that they filed this under "religion", and not marketing...
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2012, 06:11:30 pm »
?Clown question, bro? takes off, with a T-shirt, a beer and a trademark
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25/clown-question-bro-takes-off-with-a-t-shirt-a-beer-and-a-trademark/

See post #80 in this thread.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »
problem is Nats can't win the big games..something wrong with the makeup of this team. doesn't bode well.. every time they are on national tv or play a big a game they seem to lose

something wrong with the makeup? this group has been playing together for all of three months...

big games are played in september.  and with all the 1-run wins, and extra innings wins, your statement is completely baseless.

i know the subject suggests to break up the f-ing nationals, but you can't be serious.

vansmack

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2012, 07:31:15 pm »
Wasn't Saturday's game on national TV?

Do not confuse hutch with the facts.

It was on Fox

So not a big audience ;)

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html
27>34

hutch

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2012, 08:05:25 pm »
problem is Nats can't win the big games..something wrong with the makeup of this team. doesn't bode well.. every time they are on national tv or play a big a game they seem to lose

something wrong with the makeup? this group has been playing together for all of three months...

big games are played in september.  and with all the 1-run wins, and extra innings wins, your statement is completely baseless.

i know the subject suggests to break up the f-ing nationals, but you can't be serious.

I think they are missing some leadership

hutch

« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2012, 08:07:22 pm »
Wasn't Saturday's game on national TV?

Do not confuse hutch with the facts.

It was on Fox

So not a big audience ;)

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

ok true it was on FOx .. but i think overall they have not performed well on TV (national) or in teh marquee serie vs Yankees, O's..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2012, 09:34:51 pm »
‘Clown question, bro’ takes off, with a T-shirt, a beer and a trademark

See post #80 in this thread.

this one has the beer tie-in, which is the only thing that got my attention.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2012, 09:38:12 pm »

I think they are missing some leadership

THAT has a base.  they are young, Zim doesn't seem to have a veteran presence yet (still relatively young...), and Werth didn't seem to bring that out when he was around.  if they made one mid-season move, it might be to add a guy with that type of presence.

the rumor on Davey is that he lacked leadership when it counted in the past, would break down over losses, act like the world was ending. would explain why he was cut loose so many times after turning teams around. will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure come september.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2012, 09:29:32 am »
So, we're getting another Bruce Boudreau? I can't handle that.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2012, 01:26:12 am »
And I'm just going to say this because I know none of you stay up late enough to see it for yourselves:

Mike Trout>Bryce Harper

I'm referring to all 5 tools, plus he's better looking and has better hair.

I rest my case.  I hope you all watched that first hand tonight.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15:02 am »
Bryce hasn't been the same since Petite spanked him a couple weeks ago. He's woken up against the Rockies, it is a "hitters park" though. I think Davey Johnson has a couple RBIs in this series too.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:44 am »
And I'm just going to say this because I know none of you stay up late enough to see it for yourselves:

Mike Trout>Bryce Harper

I'm referring to all 5 tools, plus he's better looking and has better hair.

I rest my case.  I hope you all watched that first hand tonight.

yeah yeah.. we know you're always right..

you're boring dude.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2012, 10:00:14 am »
Man, so happy Ian Desmond made it to the All Star Game, felt like he's been on point since the ending part of last season. Him at Short and Zim at 3rd is super fun to watch on defense. I figured Gio and Stras would make it in based on their performance. Great to see the bats waking up in Colorado and Zim seems to be feeling better after that cortisone shot! Time for Morse to get in the swing! Werth is about a month out from returning as well? Super excited to see what they do after the break.
‼‼?‼‼

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2012, 10:33:44 am »
Time for Morse to get in the swing!

dude, Mose is on FIRE, 14 hits in the last 5 games of June
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2012, 12:25:18 pm »
Dang, I guess I haven't been keeping count of his numbers. I feel like I always run out when he's at bat. Excited for Werth to get back in the line-up. Would Strasburg be eligible for the HR Derby? :p
‼‼?‼‼