Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440651 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2012, 12:25:29 pm »
How much maturity was he showing when this happened?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/bryce-harper-hits-own-face-bat-gets-10-135714993.html

There's no denying he's super-talented and has unlimited potential.  I just think he acts like a jerk too much.  And the 'he's a 19-year old kid' excuse doesn't cut it. 

His favorite teams are the Yankees and the Cowboys.  Just sayin'.   
Acts like a jerk? I think he's passionate, also, he's still fucking 19 years old. I think he shows an incredible amount of maturity for his age, and when he has a momentarily 19 year old moment everyone thinks he's an asshole. TEENAGERS ARE FUCKING ASSHOLES. I like how hard he plays, I like how angry he gets, I like his passion. What's so wrong with a passionate player coming to DC wanting to do his best for his team?

It's a God damn shame he's a Cowboys fan though hahaha
Like i said, he's still 19 god damn years old. I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson when he opened up his face with that bat. I mean, how do you expect a 19 year old all star rookie to act? I think with ALL that, he's pretty fucking mature. I'd be flipping people off and cussing up a god damn storm if I was 19. I mean, how mature was anyone when they were 19? Considering he's a professional athelete on a first place team I think he's not too bad... So what he named his dog like an asshole and drives a retarded car, HE'S A 19 YEAR OLD ROOKIE ALL STAR FOR CHRISTS SAKE!
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »
Bryce Harper has good makeup.  Doesn't mean he's not going to make mistakes.

Unfortunately in today's 24-7 media world people expect a 19 year old rookie to play like a hall of famer from day one.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »
I can understand that, but the other side of the coin is the reality, he's a rookie, and he's 19. When he does good it IS expected, but when he does bad people flip out and call him a douche and an idiot. Give me 20 Bryce Harpers on a team. I love the way he plays.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
Smackie where is the daily Mike Trout update??? What did he do on his off day?

Sorry.  He spent the last few days with his parents in New Jersey.  The Angels face the Yankees tomorrow in the Bronx. 
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2012, 03:48:06 pm »
Even his makeup looks like a mistake to me.

Unfortunately in today's 24-7 media world people expect a 19 year old rookie to play like a hall of famer from day one.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »
Even his makeup looks like a mistake to me.

Gah, why do teenagers look so fucking stupid! LOOK PROFESSIONAL FOR FUCKS SAKE!
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2012, 04:42:27 pm »
He's not really sporting this eye black style these days is he?  His hair has improved too.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2012, 11:06:40 pm »
He's not really sporting this eye black style these days is he?  His hair has improved too.

No, he's not. Obviously these idiots aren't paying attention.

imbecile

« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2012, 09:22:43 am »

No, he's not. Obviously these idiots aren't paying attention.

Yeah, he dropped the eye black when he got drafted. 

I'm sure it had nothing to do with an increasing maturity and acting like a professional though.

James Ford

« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2012, 02:46:47 pm »
Can the Nats play Strasburg in the field or DH him in the World Series? Maybe use him as a pinch hitter? Seems like they'd want to keep his bat in the lineup.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2012, 09:52:20 am »
World Series? Really? I just hope they can stay hot after the break... solid outing from Strasburg last night, it was painful to see him load the bases, but I liked seeing him get out of the jams. Good to see his 3 game losing skid finally come to an end. BTW he has the be the slowest runner in the league, good GOD! He looks like a gigantic horse just trotting around.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2012, 09:55:49 am »
There's probably eight or ten AL teams that could take the Nats in a Series, but I can't think of one NL team good enough to stop them from getting there.

World Series? Really? I just hope they can stay hot after the break... solid outing from Strasburg last night, it was painful to see him load the bases, but I liked seeing him get out of the jams. Good to see his 3 game losing skid finally come to an end. BTW he has the be the slowest runner in the league, good GOD! He looks like a gigantic horse just trotting around.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2012, 10:53:54 am »
I guess it depends on the pitching staff. I heard over the weekend that Jordan Zimmerman might be on an inning limit as well? Apparently the 2nd year back after TJ Surgery the inning limit is around 200? I only heard it on this radio show, but I haven't heard it anywhere else....

Surprised no one has jumped on the Bryce Harper/Ozzie Guillen bullshit that happened yesterday. Saying Bryce had too much pine tar on his bat? Lol, he cussed out a 19 year old.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2012, 11:23:58 am »
Ozzie just looking like a fool.  Again. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2012, 11:28:17 am »
There's probably eight or ten AL teams that could take the Nats in a Series, but I can't think of one NL team good enough to stop them from getting there.

Cincinnati and that's about it.