Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440864 times)

vansmack

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2013, 02:34:23 pm »
That's one damn good Braves team.

What they do with Gattis when McCann comes back will be interesting, or what they do with Laird I should say.
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »
he was playing OF in spring training, wasn't he? 

dude is a beast.

James Ford

« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2013, 03:22:20 pm »
I'll bet you enjoyed that Gio bobblehead!

Went to the games on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Friday night got bad towards the end as fans started filing out and you could hear the Barves fans doing their stupid chant. I booed them loudly and screamed "LET"S GO NATS" and finally got our section doing the same. I hate Barves and their fans so much. I thought there was a bunch of people there on Saturday, then they announced about halfway through that the game was a sell out, just over 42,000. While I enjoy my Gio bobblehead, a win or 2 or 3 would have been great.

Seeing the bats fall silent was bad enough, Wilson Ramos and Danny Espinosa going down was just salt in the wound. Danny is also out tonight, I believe...

vansmack

« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2013, 05:13:27 pm »
he was playing OF in spring training, wasn't he? 

dude is a beast.

Are they going to sit one of the Upton brothers or Heyward for him?  I doubt it. 

Freeman is on the DL so maybe one of them can play first....
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2013, 07:07:21 pm »
i could see some day offs here and there for the OF, and mccann's health seems to be getting worse and worse... he was injured practically all of last year.

shemptiness

« Reply #650 on: April 24, 2013, 06:27:42 pm »
Too bad they can't play the Marlins more often.   

vansmack

« Reply #651 on: April 24, 2013, 07:00:53 pm »
Too bad they can't play the Marlins more often.   

I was going to post that last week, but knew I would take more crap because Anaheim was struggling too so I passed. 
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #652 on: April 25, 2013, 10:25:56 am »
Since sweeping the White Sox they've gone 3-10 or something?

Last year I think the youth got to this team and they didn't know how to keep calm and continue playing. THis year I think it's the same thing. If the bats fell silent last year, the pitching picked them up, if the pitching was off last year, it was the bats that picked them up. Stras was the stopper last year, this year it seems no one has stepped up to slam the door. It's frustrating to watch.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #653 on: April 25, 2013, 11:28:37 am »
detwiler's the only above average pitcher on the rotation this year and he cant even get a win

he and stammen seem like the only ones not getting lit up every time they go to the mound

then offensively its pretty much harper and thats it.

team looks average at best. it's early and the braves will cool off, but davey needs to kick some asses here or theyre gonna dig too deep a hole.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #654 on: April 25, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »
I was at Det's last 2 starts, it's a shame he pitched I think 6 or 7 innings against the Barves allowing 1 run and the bullpen let him down. Stras started shakey last night but settled in. His struggles in the first inning have been insane. Davey said he's switching around the line-up today. I believe Lombo will be starting at 3rd for Rendon tonight... We'll see if that's true and what other shake-ups are coming.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #655 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:26 pm »
i dont really agree with sitting rendon. wasnt he brought up (and will be sent back when zim returns) to play? i do support getting lombo some at bats though. if any infielder should take a seat to let that happen its danny. i feel bad for the guy and hes not the only offender, but he doesnt belong in an everyday lineup right now.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #656 on: April 25, 2013, 02:47:33 pm »
I agree. He goes through too many slumps and I guess he hasn't really had a hot streak since the beginning of the season. I thought it was also odd that Rendon was sat down, but I think he's only gone 1-13 in his first couple of at-bats.... Not to mention the couple of errors in those games. I trust Davey. Even though people are already calling for his head lol. Come on, folks.
‼‼?‼‼

stevewizzle

« Reply #657 on: April 25, 2013, 03:07:41 pm »
rendon should not be sitting... you gotta stick with your top prospects in situations like this.  it's april, and sitting him reeks of panic from davey.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #658 on: April 25, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »
i guess davey's reasoning re: danny/lombo is that when danny's on hes got great power, but his slumps are just brutal. more than enough to cancel out the flashes of power. lombo's not an amazing player but he's solid and never as bad as danny's been lately. they could use his bat in the lineup more often.

i like that davey sticks with slumping players (its true, you cant work it out on the bench), but at a certain point enough is enough. especially when you choose to sit a prospect making his big league debut instead.

vansmack

« Reply #659 on: April 25, 2013, 03:52:00 pm »
It could be worse.

You could be facing your division rival and pitching the likes of Mike Roth, David Carpenter, Nick Maronde and Mike Kohn against them.

If those names aren't familiar to you, don't feel badly.  I watch the Halo's every f'in night and couldn't tell you who the hell they are.  Smackie threw so much sh!t across the room last night that his dog, who's been diagnosed with attachment/dependency issues left the room...

The Nats problems are fixable with a little focus.   Anaheim's pitching woes are chronic.

27>34