Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 436407 times)

James Ford

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #735 on: May 22, 2013, 01:34:14 pm »
Morse is .242/.305/.462 with Seattle. In whose place would you start him?

Nats don't have enough offensive power.. getting rid of Morse.I don't know about that move..

hutch

« Reply #736 on: May 22, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »
Morse is .242/.305/.462 with Seattle. In whose place would you start him?

Nats don't have enough offensive power.. getting rid of Morse.I don't know about that move..

well I guess some games he'd play first and some games in the outfield like last year

when i checked his numbers about two weeks ago he looked allright...

then i looked at laroche and he had the worst numbers ever so i thought he could play some at first..

but maybe things have changed and laroche has heated up..

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #737 on: May 22, 2013, 01:58:22 pm »
Yet, they have Mike Trout and are 9 under............ What's the arguement? Nats are better because of their entire pitching rotation, yet the Angels are better because they have Mike Trout?

Mike Trout > Stras, Gio, JZimm, Haren, and Detwiler? Really?

It was a joke, but your deductive reasoning skills still leave something to be desired.

The Angels would be better with Stras, Gio and JZimm (haha, you said Haren....$13M for 4-5 and an ERA over 5.00 in the NL - that's the only thing Anaheim got right in the off season).

The Nats would be better with Trout, because only Miguel Cabrera is a better hitter than Mike Trout.

That's all that joke was implying.
I meant to put an asterisk by Haren's name lol.

Desire more from me. I thrive on it.
‼‼?‼‼

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #738 on: May 22, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »
there was no room for morse here. despite getting picked off a few too many times, span's been great in the field and at the plate (it isnt his fault no one drives him in) and now that laroche is out of his slump hes a far better overall player than morse. plus with the infield arms as shaky as theyve been they need his glove bad. the only player morse might have deserved to bump out of a starting spot is werth, and that obviously wasnt gonna happen. i liked morse a lot but he was an awful fielder.

i think the biggest thing the nats lost with that trade was his personality. he seemed like a guy that kept the clubhouse loose, and they apparently don't have that anymore. they need to lighten up and quit trying to be perfect in every situation.

luckily the rest of the division is awful and the braves arent pulling ahead like they could, so the nats arent gonna be out of it for a while. they really need to start putting some winning streaks together though.

vansmack

« Reply #739 on: May 22, 2013, 02:44:49 pm »
There's an easy fix for the Nats offensive woes - call up Rendon, and have him play second base, like he has been in Double A ball.  He's hitting .350 down there - even if he hits .240 in the bigs, it's .100 points better than Espinosa.

Clearly, Espinosa's shoulder is worse than he's leading on.

27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #740 on: May 22, 2013, 03:02:15 pm »
I'd hope it isn't. It took him awhile to come around last year as well. Same thing happened last year with Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Burnett, hopefully some of the other guys learned about hiding an injury and how it's detrimental to the whole team... But who knows. We aren't too far back in the division. I hope once we get everyone back and healthy that the ship gets...righted... No one seems to be able to do anything in that 2nd spot. Such a shame because Span has been an on base machine.

PRESSURE
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #741 on: May 22, 2013, 03:06:22 pm »
There's an easy fix for the Nats offensive woes - call up Rendon, and have him play second base, like he has been in Double A ball.  He's hitting .350 down there - even if he hits .240 in the bigs, it's .100 points better than Espinosa.

this is going to happen.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #742 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:29 pm »

this is going to happen.
i keep thinking this but then i see another "danny's too good a player to give up on" quote from davey or rizzo and i dont even know

i dont doubt that danny's got potential, but its becoming pretty obvious that hes never gonna reach it here, and that excuse seems to be running out of time. its not really a slump if this is how hes played for over a year now

unfortunately its been a golden opportunity for lombo to step up and take the starting spot but hes been pretty bad too

vansmack

« Reply #743 on: May 22, 2013, 03:36:29 pm »
Not what you need.

"With two outs and the tying run at first, you have to play the outfield so the ball doesn't go over your head," Soriano told the newspaper in Spanish. "It may not have been a catchable ball. But if we're positioned the right way, there might have been a different outcome.

"With two outs, I could tell my 4-year-old son, 'You know where you need to play,' and he would have positioned himself better. It's not an excuse, and I'm not speaking badly about anybody, but I think that's how you play the game."
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #744 on: May 22, 2013, 03:53:48 pm »
Maybe he's got a thing about walls now.

vansmack

« Reply #745 on: May 22, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »
Today's Nats/Giants game was one if the best I've seen all season. I'm a sucker for good pitching and great defense...
27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #746 on: May 22, 2013, 07:42:49 pm »
Saw the 9th and 10th.  Heard Harper had a nice play in the outfield...a homer and a double that led to the winning run.  Not a bad day.

vansmack

« Reply #747 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:57 pm »
Saw the 9th and 10th.  Heard Harper had a nice play in the outfield...a homer and a double that led to the winning run.  Not a bad day.

Two nice catches, actually.  He was the difference maker on offense for the Nat's too, for certain.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #748 on: May 22, 2013, 09:06:17 pm »
they were great catches. the sliding one was more impressive, but the one up near the wall had to be the bigger moment overall. cool to see. the two runs scored were even cooler

i want to rag on the nats bullpen for giving up another lead but then i realize the offense has given them such pathetic leads to work with and its hard to blame storen and co for not being as perfect as theyve had to be. this team is a mess but theyre staying a notch or two above full-on trainwreck status, so it should be quite a summer.

that last out was brutal. this road trip was awful, but coming home on a win is pretty nice.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #749 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:08 pm »