Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440721 times)

James Ford

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:38 am »
fire the manager

hutch

« Reply #781 on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:13 am »
fire the manager

I just don't get it... is there some rationale for these repeated requests on your part? Davey Johnson is a proven manager with success coaching multiple teams at multiple levels including just last year! I just don't think this team is very good. Its not as if he has all these awesome bats in the lineup, theyre scoring tons of runs and still losing..

never mind the fact I'd be very surprised if they fired him....i think they're too classy to do that to Davey on what is ostensibly his last job.

stevewizzle

« Reply #782 on: June 18, 2013, 08:46:55 am »
listening to james ford talk baseball is like listening to atomicfront in the beer thread.

James Ford

« Reply #783 on: June 18, 2013, 08:50:13 am »
They essentially fired Frank Robinson, and that was his final job. So do they give preference to an old Florida-born WHITE guy who seems unable to turn the team around?

They are essentially the same team as last year, take away Jackson, Morse, and Espinosedive and add Haren, Span, and Rendon.

So what are they lacking? I say heart and fire in the belly. So what better way to light a fire underneath their underperforming asses than to ax the old guy with the bum ticker? And I'm going to keep saying it until they do.

fire the manager

I just don't get it... is there some rationale for these repeated requests on your part? Davey Johnson is a proven manager with success coaching multiple teams at multiple levels including just last year! I just don't think this team is very good. Its not as if he has all these awesome bats in the lineup, theyre scoring tons of runs and still losing..

never mind the fact I'd be very surprised if they fired him....i think they're too classy to do that to Davey on what is ostensibly his last job.

stevewizzle

« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:14 am »
So what are they lacking? I say heart and fire in the belly. So what better way to light a fire underneath their underperforming asses than to ax the old guy with the bum ticker? And I'm going to keep saying it until they do.

they are lacking health and a consistent #4.

they've had some hard luck losses, where last year they seemed to win every game by 1 run.

they play 162 for a reason.

James Ford

« Reply #785 on: June 18, 2013, 09:07:06 am »
Record in one run games:

2012: 27-21
2013: 13-8

Better this year than last.

Harper missed some games this year and last due to health. Strasburg missed some starts this year and last due to health (or in the case of last year, health concerns). Werth missed a bunch of games, but he missed half of last season. So what other injuries are you talking about?

They play 162 games for a reason. To make enough revenue to pay the guaranteed salaries of these underforming clown show bros.

they are lacking health and a consistent #4.

they've had some hard luck losses, where last year they seemed to win every game by 1 run.

they play 162 for a reason.

James Ford

« Reply #786 on: June 18, 2013, 09:09:11 am »

hutch

« Reply #787 on: June 18, 2013, 09:16:36 am »
They essentially fired Frank Robinson, and that was his final job. So do they give preference to an old Florida-born WHITE guy who seems unable to turn the team around?

[/quote]

oh yah turn into a racial thing

you're such an ass...

not to mention they did not fire him

"On September 30, 2006, the Nationals' management declined to renew Robinson's contract for the 2007 season"

hutch

« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2013, 09:20:36 am »
I'm not even saying Davey Johnson is doing the best job this year.. I really dont' know.. but I don't see how firing him would help. Let the season end and then I think he is going his own way as it is...

I look at the Nats and I just don't see the bats... at least last year they had Morse kickin' ass pre-All star break in addition to Laroche...

James Ford

« Reply #789 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:07 am »
...says the guy who blames the lack of media and public adoration for Migeul Cabrera on the fact that he's Latino.

oh yah turn into a racial thing

you're such an ass...

not to mention they did not fire him

"On September 30, 2006, the Nationals' management declined to renew Robinson's contract for the 2007 season"
[/quote]

stevewizzle

« Reply #790 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:27 am »
At least one person agrees with my assessment of Davey's performance.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/06/05/davey-johnson-says-hes-done-a-horse-bleep-job-managing-nats-roster/

hows the rest of the baseball world feel?

it's the job of the manager to fall on the sword, to protect the fragile young minds in the club house.  no one is calling for his head this early, except for you. and you've been calling for his head for over a month now, which is alarmist at the very least.

stevewizzle

« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2013, 09:54:15 am »

this is hilarious. a day after a come-from-behind performance, where chad tracy hits a HR in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs off of a top 5 closer in the league.

no heart at all.

stevewizzle

« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2013, 10:05:25 am »
Record in one run games:

Harper missed some games this year and last due to health. Strasburg missed some starts this year and last due to health (or in the case of last year, health concerns). Werth missed a bunch of games, but he missed half of last season. So what other injuries are you talking about?

They play 162 games for a reason. To make enough revenue to pay the guaranteed salaries of these underforming clown show bros.

i was wrong about the 1-run games. they are indeed better this year. fire the manager!

harper missed games last year due to struggles at the plate, iirc.

werth, zimmerman, harper have all been out for extended periods this year.

there hasn't been the bench support they had last year, or the bullpen.

regardless, the sky isn't falling, and the nats aren't out of it.  there's no reason to even discuss firing the manager. 

detroit was 44-42 at the all-star break last year.  good thing they fired jim leiland and solved all their problems.  oh, wait.

imbecile

« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2013, 10:10:00 am »
Record in one run games:

i was wrong about the 1-run games. they are indeed better this year. fire the manager!

harper missed games last year due to struggles at the plate, iirc.

werth, zimmerman, harper have all been out for extended periods this year.

there hasn't been the bench support they had last year, or the bullpen.

regardless, the sky isn't falling, and the nats aren't out of it.  there's no reason to even discuss firing the manager. 

detroit was 44-42 at the all-star break last year.  good thing they fired jim leiland and solved all their problems.  oh, wait.

Sorry guys, I haven't been going to as many games this year as I did last year.  I'm sure that's the reason for their struggles.  I'll work on it.

shemptiness

« Reply #794 on: June 18, 2013, 10:13:59 am »
THOMAS BOSWELL :
Davey's not the problem. Or, in the sense that everybody is part of the problem, he's not the central element in fixing the problem.

And the problem is offense. That's it. That's all. But that's a TON when you have fallen from 10th in scoring to 29th with a lineup that is very similar or -- with Rendon now at second and Harper hitting much higher (when healthy) than he did as a rookie -- looks like it might be better on paper.

Objectively, imo, if they were a team from 1,000 miles away, I'd say, "Watch out for this team if it starts to hit because it might go nuts the rest of the year."

Subjectively, I'd say, "What a bunch of bums. If they can gag at the plate for 68 games, they can keep right on doing it."

Most likely, they hit a LOT better but they have dug a hole from which they will have to keep digging themselves for the rest of the season.