Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440630 times)

stevewizzle

Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #795 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:42 am »
THOMAS BOSWELL :
Davey's not the problem. Or, in the sense that everybody is part of the problem, he's not the central element in fixing the problem.

And the problem is offense. That's it. That's all. But that's a TON when you have fallen from 10th in scoring to 29th with a lineup that is very similar or -- with Rendon now at second and Harper hitting much higher (when healthy) than he did as a rookie -- looks like it might be better on paper.

Objectively, imo, if they were a team from 1,000 miles away, I'd say, "Watch out for this team if it starts to hit because it might go nuts the rest of the year."

Subjectively, I'd say, "What a bunch of bums. If they can gag at the plate for 68 games, they can keep right on doing it."

Most likely, they hit a LOT better but they have dug a hole from which they will have to keep digging themselves for the rest of the season.

if only there were a web-site like beeradvocate or ratebeer to pool an objective opinion about baseball managers, we wouldn't have to hear all these subjective opinions that are baseless.

James Ford

« Reply #796 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:36 am »
The Braves have been a .500 team since their 12-1(?) start. It seems reasonable that if the Nats can get Harper back, Rendon continues to shine at the plate, Zimmerman's shoulder doesn't bum out, and Laroche catches fire in the second half like he always does....that the Nats will catch the Braves even if they don't fire Davey.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #797 on: June 18, 2013, 11:55:33 am »
Stranding runners is not going to win you games. Squandering a fucking pinch hit homer with 2 outs and 2 strikes is just a kick in the stomach, especially to your fucking rivals in their piece of shit city.

They're averaging 4 runs a game since Werth came back and Rendon was called up for good. The starting pitching ERA is under 4 runs, once this all comes together, all will be right and they'll go on a crazy streak. That double header against the Barves last year really sent the team on a crazy streak and when was that? The end of July.

6/18/12 38 wins
6/18/13 34 wins

TIME TO FUCKING PANIC. Chill out.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #798 on: June 18, 2013, 02:03:22 pm »
7 out of 10.  These were tough:

ESPN's Do you know the baseball rules?
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #799 on: June 18, 2013, 03:16:41 pm »
I never have any idea what you are talking about in your posts, because your writings resembles rap lyrics.

Stranding runners is not going to win you games. Squandering a fucking pinch hit homer with 2 outs and 2 strikes is just a kick in the stomach, especially to your fucking rivals in their piece of shit city.

They're averaging 4 runs a game since Werth came back and Rendon was called up for good. The starting pitching ERA is under 4 runs, once this all comes together, all will be right and they'll go on a crazy streak. That double header against the Barves last year really sent the team on a crazy streak and when was that? The end of July.

6/18/12 38 wins
6/18/13 34 wins

TIME TO FUCKING PANIC. Chill out.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #800 on: June 18, 2013, 04:46:39 pm »
7 out of 10.  These were tough:

ESPN's Do you know the baseball rules?
8/10!

I missed the first one and last one. Gah.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #801 on: June 18, 2013, 05:22:23 pm »
8/10!

I missed the first one and last one. Gah.

I too missed the first one.

I missed 6 - I've seen an error called that way; I've never seen it the way described there.

And I missed 8.

I've seen Scioscia do #10.  I was pretty shocked.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #802 on: June 19, 2013, 11:48:20 am »
This team is frustrating to watch. I got tickets for Thursday AND Sunday, I hope I see a win.

Rendon has an on base streak of 16 games in a row, did I hear that? And Desi is up to 19 game streak for being on base? Lord.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #803 on: June 19, 2013, 12:41:12 pm »
I see the record this season and my opinion that they shouldn't have shut down Starsburg last year seems to vindicated. It would be funny if last year is the only year the Nationals have a winning record with Starburg on the team and he leaves via free agency at the earliest moment.

hutch

« Reply #804 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:53 pm »
I see the record this season and my opinion that they shouldn't have shut down Starsburg last year seems to vindicated. It would be funny if last year is the only year the Nationals have a winning record with Starburg on the team and he leaves via free agency at the earliest moment.

I think you could more easily look at Stras and say the team's management was vindicated in shutting him down. He is a pretty fragile guy. If they had pitched him more I think they might have ended his career. Moreover, Stras pitching is no guarantee.. I don't think he's lights out or a guarantee that had they pitched him at that late point- by which he'd had at least one fairly horrid start anyways- they'd have won.... the problem with the bullpen blowing that game would not have been resolved.

stevewizzle

« Reply #805 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:24 pm »

incredible deliberation, thanks for sharing.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #806 on: June 19, 2013, 01:32:38 pm »
"starburg"

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #807 on: June 19, 2013, 02:18:12 pm »
It sucks that the season ended and your opinion is totally correct and that this was Strasburgs final season with the Nats. Shucks.

Why is tommy front always so right.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #808 on: June 19, 2013, 02:30:32 pm »
It sucks that the season ended and your opinion is totally correct and that this was Strasburgs final season with the Nats. Shucks.

No his final season to help the team win a playoff series.  You have your window you have to go for it. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #809 on: June 19, 2013, 05:12:09 pm »

No his final season to help the team win a playoff series.  You have your window you have to go for it. 
Sarcasm is lost on you.
‼‼?‼‼