Author Topic: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS  (Read 440631 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: BREAK UP THE F-ING NATIONALS
« Reply #1005 on: September 23, 2013, 09:04:49 am »
Yeah, but that doesn't make the fans, who spent their hard earned dough on tickets and overpriced beer, feel any better. Some sort of gesture is needed, like firing the manager. This is DC. We're entitled.
It's too early on a Monday morning for me to tell entirely, but you are being tongue-in-cheek, yes?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #1006 on: September 23, 2013, 09:11:21 am »
Yep, you got it. Let the old guy bow out and hire someone younger and hungrier I guess is the plan.

It's sports, so who really cares? We have Islamic terrorists going around the world killing non-Muslims. That seems like a bigger problem.

Yeah, but that doesn't make the fans, who spent their hard earned dough on tickets and overpriced beer, feel any better. Some sort of gesture is needed, like firing the manager. This is DC. We're entitled.
It's too early on a Monday morning for me to tell entirely, but you are being tongue-in-cheek, yes?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1007 on: September 23, 2013, 10:39:01 am »
Wellp. It's been a fun run here at the end of the season. Remember when we got those back to back 100 loss seasons? Yeesh.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #1008 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:52 pm »
Wellp. It's been a fun run here at the end of the season. Remember when we got those back to back 100 loss seasons? Yeesh.

yeah ..awesome winning games when it means nothing

kind of like losing games when it means nothing

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1009 on: September 23, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »
Yeah, they should have just lost all their games this season.
‼‼?‼‼

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1010 on: September 23, 2013, 05:06:41 pm »
I'm glad I stayed for both games yesterday.  The first one was a disaster, while the second one was all kinds of exciting.   A walk-off win (even on an error) was a much better way to go out than that earlier debacle.

hutch

« Reply #1011 on: September 23, 2013, 09:05:32 pm »
Yeah, they should have just lost all their games this season.

they won when they had no pressure because they knew they couldn't make the playoffs....all of a sudden when it meant nothing they all started hitting.... of course one would rather win but their record overstates how poor the season was....they underperformed and where out of it early.. now some people, probably the same people who go "Oh yeah the redskins are doing great!", will say the Nats had a good season because of how they ended... I don't see it.... this team should have made the playoffs and the season was a complete failure...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1012 on: September 24, 2013, 10:18:22 am »
So, the way we should look at a team is by where they were at their worst? So, the Redskins were 3-6 last year. Doesn't everyone always say you are what your record says. If that's true, the Nats are 84-73 and the Redskins are 0-3.

Yes, they underperformed, yes the expectations were as high as they could be, yes they missed the playoffs, but honestly, isn't every year a team misses the playoffs a disappointment? Would you rather have them just not performed to end the season? And then what? Have everyone doubt the team they had? Just an off season of negativity? Last season was awesome and unexpected and raised everyone's expectations. But I won't be overly negative. 2 back to back winning seasons and a division penant under our belt after years and years of being everyone's door mats. I'm fine with that. They're still a young team and tons of potential.

Fucking sucks they got eliminated though. Made last nights worse hurt a little more.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #1013 on: September 24, 2013, 12:00:43 pm »
So, the way we should look at a team is by where they were at their worst? So, the Redskins were 3-6 last year. Doesn't everyone always say you are what your record says. If that's true, the Nats are 84-73 and the Redskins are 0-3.

Yes, they underperformed, yes the expectations were as high as they could be, yes they missed the playoffs, but honestly, isn't every year a team misses the playoffs a disappointment? Would you rather have them just not performed to end the season? And then what? Have everyone doubt the team they had? Just an off season of negativity? Last season was awesome and unexpected and raised everyone's expectations. But I won't be overly negative. 2 back to back winning seasons and a division penant under our belt after years and years of being everyone's door mats. I'm fine with that. They're still a young team and tons of potential.

Fucking sucks they got eliminated though. Made last nights worse hurt a little more.

oh I just think they shouldnt buy into their own hype...and go out and get better in the offseason...  they did not do what they needed to do last offseason.. GET A BIG BAT... i still think they have to do that.. don't assume ramos and werth and span will pickup where they left off.... invest some money.

in this town you win a few games and everyone has you winning the championship the next year.. how's that working out for the redskins?

James Ford

« Reply #1014 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:06 pm »
When is Bryce Harper going to become the "big bat"? About a year before he signs with the Yankees?

hutch

« Reply #1015 on: September 24, 2013, 12:05:43 pm »
When is Bryce Harper going to become the "big bat"? About a year before he signs with the Yankees?

I didn't mean to say they don't have any big bats... i mean that they need another one...

its kind of like insurance.. you can't assume everybody will be performing at their peak and not get injured

as far as harper.... he is still very young..but he may never be the big bat...or he may be...... .look at Zim... Zim never made the jump.

vansmack

« Reply #1016 on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:55 pm »
When is Bryce Harper going to become the "big bat"?

As soon as he learns to play with control.  Until then, you may as well just call him "The Next One" because the similarities are obvious.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #1017 on: September 24, 2013, 01:25:23 pm »
i think harper was on his way to a monster season before the injuries. not an excuse since they were his own fault, but still a positive sign that he can live up to the hype if hes careful enough

as for this season, total disappointment, but good to see them eventually play good baseball for a sustained period. doesnt excuse all the poor play early, but i feel better heading into 2014 than i would have if theyd stumbled to the finish line this year

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1018 on: September 24, 2013, 02:39:04 pm »

oh I just think they shouldnt buy into their own hype...and go out and get better in the offseason...  they did not do what they needed to do last offseason.. GET A BIG BAT... i still think they have to do that.. don't assume ramos and werth and span will pickup where they left off.... invest some money.

in this town you win a few games and everyone has you winning the championship the next year.. how's that working out for the redskins?
I forgot football season only 3 weeks. I won't write off their season til the season is over or until they're mathematically eliminated.

Weren't we 3-6 last year? Again, that probably won't happen again, but still. Don't count a team out until they're out. Braves blew a 9 game lead just 2 seasons ago. Anything can happen and it isn't over until it. is. over.

No one picked the Redskins to win the Super Bowl this year. A LOT of people picked the Nats to win the World Series.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #1019 on: September 30, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »
It seems like Johnson would have went with a stronger lineup in an attempt to win his final game, rather than the scrub lineup they sent out there.