Author Topic: 3 1/2 HOURS!  (Read 3241 times)

mankie

3 1/2 HOURS!
« on: January 09, 2004, 12:31:00 pm »
To get from Aspen Hill to the Dulles airport area this morning.  :mad:    :mad:    :mad:  I was ready to start killing my fellow commuters, especially those wankers who confuse the word, "merge" with "barge"!

What the hell was going on this morning? There were no accidents to speak of.

Anyone else have a nightmare commute today?

Bombay Chutney

Re: 3 1/2 HOURS!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Anyone else have a nightmare commute today?
I think it took me an extra 5 minutes to get to work today (Silver Spring->Bethesda - about 25 minutes).  Everyone else seemed to take an extra hour, at least. Not sure how I avoided it.  I took 495, like I always do. <shrug>

Dandy01

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 12:39:00 pm »
There was traffic around my place on Lee Hwy in Arlington, which is unusual, but the trains seemed to be fine.

Richard D Taylor

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 12:42:00 pm »
It took me nearly 2 hours (!!!) to get to work today (it usually takes me 45 min).  I drive from Silver Spring to Alexandria (not a fun commute) and usually take 295 to Woodrow Wilson.  Today it was so freakin' slow...I kept waiting to see if there was an accident somewhere but no, it's that old cliche of DC and its surrounding areas having horrible drivers, especially when there's the slightest hint of precipitation.  I just don't get it.

Oh well---at least I got a chance to listen to some killer tunes on the way to work.  ;)

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
I hear you Mank!

I was so hungover from my bender yesterday that it took me 15 seconds to walk from my bed to my couch.  That walk usually takes me 5 seconds!  I kept thinking I was going to have an accidnet, but alas, I made it safe and sound.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by friend of Guy Chadwick:
  Oh well---at least I got a chance to listen to some killer tunes on the way to work.   ;)  
Indeed, FRED was my best friend and "keeper of the sanity" for me.

mankie

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 12:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I hear you Mank!

I was so hungover from my bender yesterday that it took me 15 seconds to walk from my bed to my couch.  That walk usually takes me 5 seconds!  I kept thinking I was going to have an accidnet, but alas, I made it safe and sound.
Smackie...were the hell have you been man? It's not the same without you on here because no-one will talk footie with me.

See the Reds are 3 points clear....Arsenholes may as well get their boots ready for next season coz this one's all over!  :D

redsock

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by friend of Guy Chadwick:
   it's that old cliche of DC and its surrounding areas having horrible drivers, especially when there's the slightest hint of precipitation.  
I'ts not a cliche, it's a fact. So many people live around here who are not originally from cold weather states, or even cold weather countries. Bunch of dumb-asses.

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 01:11:00 pm »
  Smackie...were the hell have you been man? It's not the same without you on here because no-one will talk footie with me.

See the Reds are 3 points clear....Arsenholes may as well get their boots ready for next season coz this one's all over!   :D  
Sorry mate.  I was travelling for most of the holidays.  Didn't miss a match though.  My brother-in-law and I scheduled most of our travels around the matches and made sure we had a house with DirecTV or a bar that was broadcasting the United match.  

It's so nice to have Scholes back heh?

Reality is setting in for Chelski.  You just can't gel that quickly.  Next year they could be tough though, if they don't completely unravel with all of the egos on the team.

The Arseholes just didn't do anything to make themselves better in the offseason and it's starting to show.  Their plan to save money for the new stadium is going to cost the team's progression and I'm all for it.  It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.  

Oh, and my dutch friend says that Robben is the next Ryan Giggs.  I hope he's right.
27>34

Guiny

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »
I had to take the Metro today cause my stupid truck was sliding all over the roads and i was only going about ten miles an hour. Stupid side streets!!!!!!!!! My friend drives in from West Virginia and it took her 4 hours and 20 minutes to get to Rosslyn.

Samantha

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »
apparently they closed down 66 (or lanes or something?)  so everyone had to take different routes.  it took me 45 mins to go from sterling to reston on route 7...so I turned around and went home  :D

lily1

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 01:53:00 pm »
yup, they did shut down 66...apparently it was loaded with black ice...my colleague, who lives in arlington, and generally its 25 minutes to get in, well, it too him 2.5 hours to get in. i nearly had to take him to the bar at 10 am to calm him down.

Originally posted by Samantha:
  apparently they closed down 66 (or lanes or something?)  so everyone had to take different routes.  it took me 45 mins to go from sterling to reston on route 7...so I turned around and went home   :D  

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »

See the Reds are 3 points clear....Arsenholes may as well get their boots ready for next season coz this one's all over!   :D  
there are a couple deleted scenes on the 24 party people dvd involving shitty fans...
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 02:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

It's so nice to have Scholes back heh?

Oh, and my dutch friend says that Robben is the next Ryan Giggs.  I hope he's right. [/b]
SHOLE'ZEEEEEEE! SCHOLE'ZEEEEEEE! SCHOLE'ZEEEEEE!

There'll never be another Giggsy, but I get your point!

They're also after a kid called Liam Miller  at Celtic who's the "next Keano"...but again, there'll never be another Keano (Cork born like Keano, were all the best Irish hail from).

We still miss Beck's I don't care what anyone says. I'm happy he's doing really well in Madrid though.

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 02:09:00 pm »
  SHOLE'ZEEEEEEE! SCHOLE'ZEEEEEEE! SCHOLE'ZEEEEEE!

There'll never be another Giggsy, but I get your point!

They're also after a kid called Liam Miller  at Celtic who's the "next Keano"...but again, there'll never be another Keano (Cork born like Keano, were all the best Irish hail from).

We still miss Beck's I don't care what anyone says. I'm happy he's doing really well in Madrid though.
I read they locked up Miller, but he's another summer transfer, which means that there are still few holes I'd like to see shored up for the remainder of this season.  The last few transfers have been longterm (Miller, Bellion, Robben, Ronaldo).

As for Becks, I couldn't agree with you more.  One of my favorite Xmas gifts (among the black jersey, new scarf, and calendar) was the "Bye Bye Becks" DVD - the history of Beck's career with United.  It made me miss him more.  The goal from Midfield?  I could watch that all day.  And his free kicks - just astoundlingly brilliant...
27>34