Author Topic: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)  (Read 625020 times)

Re: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)
« Reply #1440 on: December 18, 2021, 05:55:34 pm »
Damn!  What a great fucking headline and a great band.name
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1441 on: January 11, 2022, 11:59:01 am »

« Reply #1442 on: January 11, 2022, 01:26:27 pm »
shouldn't that have gone in the 'when reality reflects the onion' thread ;)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1443 on: January 11, 2022, 02:14:43 pm »
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1444 on: January 11, 2022, 02:46:24 pm »

That's it. That's the joke.

« Reply #1445 on: January 11, 2022, 03:22:46 pm »

? ? ?
someone slipped LSD in my coffee this morning, I apologize
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1446 on: January 11, 2022, 04:16:17 pm »

? ? ?
someone slipped LSD in my coffee this morning, I apologize

can i come live with you?  i'm vaxxed and boosted, and i clearly live with people that aren't nearly as fun.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺

Space Freely

« Reply #1448 on: March 08, 2022, 04:49:42 pm »
I don't want them to digitile us.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1500902909478903818

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1449 on: March 08, 2022, 05:01:56 pm »
I don't want them to digitile us.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1500902909478903818

Belonging to a group of drugs called cardiac glycosides, digitalis is most commonly used to restore adequate circulation in patients with congestive heart failure, particularly as caused by atherosclerosis or hypertension.
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1450 on: March 30, 2022, 02:26:01 pm »
Sunday, March 20
Tossing onions
2 a.m., 3900 block of Breezemont Drive

Property damage: A woman told police that a day after her neighbors threw a party, she had onions on her pool screen. She figured kids were throwing the onions over her fence. On a previous occasion, she spent more than $500 to repair her pool screen, but after it happened multiple times she turned to the police. Officers spoke with the neighbors, who denied responsibility or presence of children. Those who threw the onions were not identified.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1451 on: April 27, 2022, 07:32:36 am »
Russia appears to confuse ‘The Sims’ for SIM cards in possible staged assassination attempt

it's the NYPost but this is the best run down I could find for this story and all the details are bonkers

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/russia-appears-to-confuse-the-sims-for-sim-cards-in-possible-staged-assassination-attempt/

Russian security services on Monday have been accused of staging a Ukrainian assassination attempt by releasing photos of confiscated copies of “The Sims” video games that some speculate were mistaken by Kremlin officers for SIM cards.

One photo shows a crisp red t-shirt with a swastika on it, inexplicably laid out next to three copies of the video game “The Sims 3.”
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1452 on: April 27, 2022, 12:12:41 pm »
Russia appears to confuse ‘The Sims’ for SIM cards in possible staged assassination attempt

it's the NYPost but this is the best run down I could find for this story and all the details are bonkers

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/russia-appears-to-confuse-the-sims-for-sim-cards-in-possible-staged-assassination-attempt/

Russian security services on Monday have been accused of staging a Ukrainian assassination attempt by releasing photos of confiscated copies of “The Sims” video games that some speculate were mistaken by Kremlin officers for SIM cards.

One photo shows a crisp red t-shirt with a swastika on it, inexplicably laid out next to three copies of the video game “The Sims 3.”

this bungled false-flag operation is the archetype for this thread.  it's got everything.  i hope everyone caught the end of the penultimate paragraph: "an inscription in an unidentified book supposedly recovered in the arrest — signed in Russian with the words “signature illegible”" - because someone gave the order to "sign the book with eligible signature!" - so they did.  can those fucking russians do anything right??
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1453 on: July 04, 2022, 06:54:49 pm »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1454 on: July 28, 2022, 01:58:08 pm »
Chick-fil-A Is Asking for 'Volunteers' to Work for 5 Chicken Sandwiches Per Hour

North Carolina Chick-fil-A so hard up for people to work the lunch rush that it’s asking for volunteers from the community.

hmmm there seems to be a better solution for this...

and this is also in the same district Maddy C. once represented

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkbg7/chick-fil-a-is-asking-for-volunteers-to-work-for-5-chicken-sandwiches-per-hour
T.Rex