Author Topic: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)  (Read 599462 times)

walk,on,by

Re: When reality reflects The Onion (redux)
« Reply #690 on: September 15, 2015, 11:35:34 am »
gurrrl.

why, gay people, why?  we can make out in places just like straight people, now.  stop, just stop.  sex is freedom again, like the seventies . . . whenever that was,

see, previous page, if confused.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

shemptiness

Space Freely

« Reply #693 on: September 19, 2015, 07:49:08 pm »
Funny, especially considering who wrote it

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/09/19/native-american-boy-pulled-from-class-over-mohawk-haircut/

Between this kid, the clock kid, and the kid in VA who got expelled for having a leaf that only looked like marijuana, school administrators around the country are pretty much looking like the dumbest people on earth these days.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #695 on: September 20, 2015, 10:01:09 pm »
😐 🎶

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #696 on: September 21, 2015, 03:42:51 am »
Funny, especially considering who wrote it

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/09/19/native-american-boy-pulled-from-class-over-mohawk-haircut/

Between this kid, the clock kid, and the kid in VA who got expelled for having a leaf that only looked like marijuana, school administrators around the country are pretty much looking like the dumbest people on earth these days.

Yeah like the admin who kicked a student out of school for wearing a tshirt with a flag n it.
FUKIT

« Reply #697 on: September 21, 2015, 08:51:57 am »
Wait, someone made something that definitely looked like what bombs look like in media depictions and a school administrator called the police to determine if it was, in fact, not a bomb after the student -- by multiple accounts -- refused to engage in any discussion with his teachers about it. Yes, what an idiot that administrator looks like, following the proper protocol for every school district everywhere in the country.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:58:53 am by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #698 on: September 21, 2015, 09:20:33 am »
If a school authoritarian thinks something might possibly be a bomb then the next thing to do would be to evacuate the school. They didn't. Because they knew it wasn't a bomb.
😐 🎶

« Reply #699 on: September 21, 2015, 09:21:26 am »
If a school authoritarian thinks something might possibly be a bomb then the next thing to do would be to evacuate the school. They didn't. Because they knew it wasn't a bomb.
I thought they did evacuate the school? Perhaps I am mistaken?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #700 on: September 21, 2015, 09:30:28 am »
Wait, someone made something that definitely looked like what bombs look like in media depictions and a school administrator called the police to determine if it was, in fact, not a bomb after the student -- by multiple accounts -- refused to engage in any discussion with his teachers about it. Yes, what an idiot that administrator looks like, following the proper protocol for every school district everywhere in the country.

Are you saying the administrators were right and the kid was wrong?

If that's the case why is the President trying to portray the kid as some kind of hero/martyr?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #701 on: September 21, 2015, 09:34:40 am »
Are you saying the administrators were right and the kid was wrong?

If that's the case why is the President trying to portray the kid as some kind of hero/martyr?

right, because if Julian says something in a music forum, then it must be true.  what IS the president thinking?!?!?
<sig>

« Reply #702 on: September 21, 2015, 09:54:53 am »
what IS the president thinking?!?!?
You don't think this is entirely overblown? A reasonable person can go "hmm, I am not an expert on bombs but that definitely looks weird," maybe I should get an expert to look at this, and a professional then speaks to the student about it for about 90 minutes after school. The kid is charged with nothing, and received a huge outpouring of support and in fact told Mark Cuban that because of the scholarship offers he's gotten to private high schools and free stuff that this thing is "the best thing that's ever happened to him."

This is not the great civil rights martyr of our time. We have a kid about to be crucified and beheaded in Saudi Arabia, I wish we were discussing that with quite the passion we feel for some kid detained for an hour and a half because of his tinkers project.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #703 on: September 21, 2015, 10:18:39 am »
You don't think this is entirely overblown? A reasonable person can go "hmm, I am not an expert on bombs but that definitely looks weird," maybe I should get an expert to look at this, and a professional then speaks to the student about it for about 90 minutes after school. The kid is charged with nothing, and received a huge outpouring of support and in fact told Mark Cuban that because of the scholarship offers he's gotten to private high schools and free stuff that this thing is "the best thing that's ever happened to him."

This is not the great civil rights martyr of our time. We have a kid about to be crucified and beheaded in Saudi Arabia, I wish we were discussing that with quite the passion we feel for some kid detained for an hour and a half because of his tinkers project.

Very good points, sir.

« Reply #704 on: September 21, 2015, 10:20:44 am »

Very good points, sir.
I retract my position entirely.
LVMH