Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 126884 times)

Yada

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2020, 12:36:57 pm »
Anyone else wonder if and how profitable Fillmore SS has been.
I mean I've always had precocious (or as an adult, classist/hipster) musical tastes, but am I just so old that I can't tell that the majority of the acts billed there are relevant? Shouldn't there be at least a few bands a month/year/decade that would catch my eye? I mean they're hosting proms and silent dance parties. Is it that unprofitable to host a few local showcases once in awhile (now that's just a loser band jerk gripe)?

It's 100% not profitable... I'm sure you could find the information here or the Google, but this was a heated topic on here years ago. I'm pretty sure they received millions of dollars in funding/tax credits/etc. I'm sure it some point in the coming years it will become a Fuddruckers or something.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2020, 12:58:37 pm »
They had Carly Rae Jepsen last summer. I don't know how much more "they're clowning on IMP" you can get?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2020, 01:02:10 pm »
They had Carly Rae Jepsen last summer. I don't know how much more "they're clowning on IMP" you can get?

Speaking of punching the clown, wonder what's going on with the fearless leader lately?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2020, 01:08:58 pm »
I mean I've always had precocious (or as an adult, classist/hipster) musical tastes, but am I just so old that I can't tell that the majority of the acts billed there are relevant? Shouldn't there be at least a few bands a month/year/decade that would catch my eye? I mean they're hosting proms and silent dance parties. Is it that unprofitable to host a few local showcases once in awhile (now that's just a loser band jerk gripe)?

It's 100% not profitable... I'm sure you could find the information here or the Google, but this was a heated topic on here years ago. I'm pretty sure they received millions of dollars in funding/tax credits/etc. I'm sure it some point in the coming years it will become a Fuddruckers or something.

There was a Fuddruckers within walking distance but it closed, just like most of the other locations.
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2020, 04:23:22 pm »

There was a Fuddruckers within walking distance but it closed, just like most of the other locations.

Then crisp and juicy.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2020, 05:24:54 pm »

Then crisp and juicy.

East West Hwy at Colesville
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2020, 05:26:09 pm »

Then crisp and juicy.

East West Hwy at Colesville

Always room for more 🐔

evilizac

« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2020, 06:20:15 pm »
I knew about the subsidies and all that, but unless their business model is based on profit/loss tax games, you would think that they would try and have a variety of acts, considering that the I.M.P. manages to shake up their offerings. I mean considering the scale of LiveNation.
Though, Amazon "runs at a loss" so... Business!
WHAT?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #398 on: January 23, 2020, 09:57:14 am »
did anyone else go to the Heilung show last night?  Is it normal to take 2 hours for everyone to get inside during sold out shows? good lord - they had to delay the show by 1 hour because not everyone was inside yet.  Doors were at 7, we showed up at 7:15 and the line wrapped all the way around the block behind the fillmore.  We moved maybe a few feet in 45 minutes - took us 1 hour to make it inside (we made it inside at 8:15, show was supposed to start at 8).  It seemed something changed around 8pm and the line started moving much faster.  Totally insane though.

« Reply #399 on: January 23, 2020, 11:09:52 am »
Reports people...we want to live vicariously though them
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #400 on: January 23, 2020, 11:13:28 am »
it's always like that even at non-sold out shows (the line wrapping around the block, etc)

my friend told me it's way oversold?

did anyone else go to the Heilung show last night?  Is it normal to take 2 hours for everyone to get inside during sold out shows? good lord - they had to delay the show by 1 hour because not everyone was inside yet.  Doors were at 7, we showed up at 7:15 and the line wrapped all the way around the block behind the fillmore.  We moved maybe a few feet in 45 minutes - took us 1 hour to make it inside (we made it inside at 8:15, show was supposed to start at 8).  It seemed something changed around 8pm and the line started moving much faster.  Totally insane though.
(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #401 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:32 am »
Haven't been to the Fillmore in a few years, but I'm pretty sure this is caused by a butts/nuts search and a metal detector.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2020, 03:28:45 pm »
did anyone else go to the Heilung show last night?  Is it normal to take 2 hours for everyone to get inside during sold out shows? good lord - they had to delay the show by 1 hour because not everyone was inside yet.  Doors were at 7, we showed up at 7:15 and the line wrapped all the way around the block behind the fillmore.  We moved maybe a few feet in 45 minutes - took us 1 hour to make it inside (we made it inside at 8:15, show was supposed to start at 8) .  It seemed something changed around 8pm and the line started moving much faster.  Totally insane though.

sooooo... other than long lines and a lack of nudity, how was the actual show?  people were hyping this like the next coming of radiohead - t'was it?
<sig>

« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2020, 03:49:09 pm »
did anyone else go to the Heilung show last night?  Is it normal to take 2 hours for everyone to get inside during sold out shows? good lord - they had to delay the show by 1 hour because not everyone was inside yet.  Doors were at 7, we showed up at 7:15 and the line wrapped all the way around the block behind the fillmore.  We moved maybe a few feet in 45 minutes - took us 1 hour to make it inside (we made it inside at 8:15, show was supposed to start at 8) .  It seemed something changed around 8pm and the line started moving much faster.  Totally insane though.

sooooo... other than long lines and a lack of nudity, how was the actual show?  people were hyping this like the next coming of radiohead - t'was it?
I know ...seriously at least 4 bordies attended this cult-of-death fest
Was their brainwashing going on and no one can remember the set...
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2020, 03:56:29 pm »
It was...stunning.