Author Topic: I demand a DC commuter tax  (Read 4886 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

I demand a DC commuter tax
« on: July 31, 2011, 09:56:05 pm »
I'm reading Dream City and I'm tired of all the suburban parasites sucking out all the federal tax money our fair District so rightly deserves. You treat our infrastructure worse than a whore, at least a whore is compensated for her services.

Fuck you, suburbanites, and fuck you, Congress.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:58:46 pm by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: I demand a DC commuter tax
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:40:00 pm »
there should be a special, punitive tax on Teabaggers.   They are unwelcome in the District.

_\|/_

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »
Shut the fuck up, loser.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:53:54 am »
Ha ha......if it weren't for surbanites heading in to town to spend their hard earned cash for dinner and bars etc. DC would be on a par with Port Au Prince, only without the culture and safe streets.

Driveway

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:59:33 am »
The infrastructure is a whore. ::)

Relaxer

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:06:31 am »
Ha ha......if it weren't for surbanites heading in to town to spend their hard earned cash for dinner and bars etc. DC would be on a par with Port Au Prince, only without the culture and safe streets.

All suburbanites pack their lunchsacks with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a baggy full of grapes, a chocolate cluster bar and a juice, so your argument falls flat.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:13:55 am »
my brother is a "suburbanite."  he has a great job in dc.  he eats out every day for lunch.  when i go into dc, i eat at expensive restaurants and spend way too much money.  you lose, relaxer. 

hutch

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 10:40:01 am »

All suburbanites pack their lunchsacks with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a baggy full of grapes, a chocolate cluster bar and a juice, so your argument falls flat.

Not all but most... most suburbanites commuting are not eating out for lunch during the workweek.. maybe on Friday but..

People forget today's DC is very different from Marion Barry DC.. many many upscale/upper middle class whites have moved in.. they're the ones supporting the DC economy.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 10:46:13 am »
^^ RIGHT, it's an outdated book. Someone is stuck in the 90s. Is this your recommended reading for English 100?
(_|_)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:44 am »

I must say, during the 20 years I lived up there I never saw anyone with a lunchsack eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, baggy full of grapes, a chocolate cluster bar and a juice in a restaurant on any given evening....but you must know better, you bad-ass townie  you!   ::)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 11:53:46 am »
^^ RIGHT, it's an outdated book. Someone is stuck in the 90s. Is this your recommended reading for English 100?

Sorry, pal. Dream City is essential reading for any true Washingtonian. Obviously I know DC is not what it used to be, for mostly good.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 12:04:29 pm »
oh yeah, born and raised in DC?
(_|_)

ggw

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 12:13:32 pm »
I totally support a commuter tax. Because, as a resident of Arlington, I look forward to the massive influx of tax revenue that it will bring to our county as the private sector moves their offices across the river.

hutch

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »
People in the suburbs love to think DC would be a bunch of crackheads in a shantytown without them but the reality is that increasing parts of DC are wealthier than the suburbs.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 12:18:52 pm »
oh yeah, born and raised in DC?
I think TMUL needs to qualify himself a bit before continuing.