Author Topic: New Order gets back together without Hook (aka payback's a bitch)  (Read 13465 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: New Order gets back together without Hook (aka payback's a bitch)
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2011, 04:45:48 pm »
"What will I be doing in twenty years' time? I'll be dead, darling! Are you crazy?" - Freddie Mercury

so it's ok to quote mercury but not ok to listen to his music?

you often post quotes & passages - things others have said, often long ago.  isn't that a form of idolizing the past?  GET WITH THE PRESENT, BRIAN. 

:P
<sig>

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »

you often post quotes & passages - things others have said, often long ago.  isn't that a form of idolizing the past? 
 :P

Dammit!   You GOT me,  Encyclopedia Brown!  You just wait until your husky girlfriend ain't with ya!  Then me and the rest of the Tigers will break your glasses!

Hugs and kisses,

Bugs Meany

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 10:03:27 am »
any ideas on brian wallace's true identity?  i'm 80% sure he's an alter-ego of another boardie, and i'm guessing Booker T :)
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 11:26:22 am »
any ideas on brian wallace's true identity?  i'm 80% sure he's an alter-ego of another boardie, and i'm guessing Booker T :)

James Ford/Rhett?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 11:45:42 am »
any ideas on brian wallace's true identity? 

<sig>

ggw

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:28 am »
Flawd.

Frank Gallagher

slappy

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011, 07:44:51 pm »
Might not be too hard to figure out by searching keywords and finding someone else that hates the Beatles, Paul Simon, Madchester, New Order and nostalgia; But has a fondness for Freddy Mercury and Encyclopedia Brown.
Hasn't the persona also shown some love for Dane Cook and My Chemical Romance?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »
Might not be too hard to figure out by searching keywords and finding someone else that hates the Beatles, Paul Simon, Madchester, New Order and nostalgia; But has a fondness for Freddy Mercury and Encyclopedia Brown.

and hates the idea that people might like to have fun once in awhile. (i.e. beatles rock band)
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »

I actually think it's someone who enjoys that stuff but needs an outlet... I think it's pretty funny, frankly
(o|o)

Medusa

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 08:31:42 pm »
Haven't gone through the entire thread, but from what I read elsewhere on-line, this reformation is simply for 2-3 shows for a charity benefit & that's about it.

hutch

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 08:38:52 pm »
Haven't gone through the entire thread, but from what I read elsewhere on-line, this reformation is simply for 2-3 shows for a charity benefit & that's about it.

there's a quote from gillian that makes me think otherwise..here it is:

"It's been a long ten years since I took a break from the band, so I I'm really happy to be back, and this is a great place to start."

bearman🐻

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 08:43:58 pm »
Funny, I just cannot picture New Order without Peter Hook. And same with Depeche Mode without Alan Wilder. Even though Martin Gore is the songwriter, Alan fleshed out all the tunes and breathed life into them. He was the master arranger. If Ian Curtis had been the heart of Joy Division, Peter Hook was the blood running through it. And that goes the same for New Order.

hutch

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »
Funny, I just cannot picture New Order without Peter Hook. And same with Depeche Mode without Alan Wilder. Even though Martin Gore is the songwriter, Alan fleshed out all the tunes and breathed life into them. He was the master arranger. If Ian Curtis had been the heart of Joy Division, Peter Hook was the blood running through it. And that goes the same for New Order.

NO ONE can imagine neworder without Hook... no one... but crazier things have happened... pink floyd without waters?

hook seems rather resigned to it.. after the show someone outside was telling him how new order couldn't carry on without him.. i didn't want to talk about it..the whole thing is crazy...

the real issue is do these guys have anything worthwhile left to say...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2011, 10:35:16 am »
Hook is a bass player....I could probably replace him and I've only ever played violin