Author Topic: Ali Mohammed?s Family Will Sue DC9  (Read 3382 times)

bellenseb

Ali Mohammed?s Family Will Sue DC9
« on: October 13, 2011, 02:43:39 pm »
Sigh

Almost a year to the day of Ali Mohammed's death outside DC9 on 9th Street NW, his family will mark the anniversary of his passing with a multi-million dollar lawsuit, says a press release issued by the family's spokesperson. Tomorrow at 10:30 a.m., it promises, Mohammed's family and supporters will gather outside DC9 to annouce filing "multiple claims" against the venue. Representatives of DC9 couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Ali Mohammed?s Family Will Sue DC9
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:51:29 pm »
"Ali?s family and community supporters will hold a press conference on Friday, October 14, 2011 at DC 9 Nightclub on U Street at 10:30 am to announce the filing of the civil lawsuit."

somehow i doubt that the press conference will be in DC9...

forecast for tomorrow morning: rain.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 02:56:27 pm »
at ≠ in

"Ali?s family and community supporters will hold a press conference on Friday, October 14, 2011 at DC 9 Nightclub on U Street at 10:30 am to announce the filing of the civil lawsuit."

somehow i doubt that the press conference will be in DC9...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 03:01:58 pm »

Somebody, quick, get Radiohead into town!

This is absurd! Hope it's thrown out of court, but somehow I doubt it. Too much of a hot potato.

It's like the family of an arsonist suing an establishment because the perp who set the fire couldn't get out of the building in time before overcome by smoke and fumes.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 03:15:21 pm »

Somebody, quick, get Radiohead into town!

This is absurd! Hope it's thrown out of court, but somehow I doubt it. Too much of a hot potato.

It's like the family of an arsonist suing an establishment because the perp who set the fire couldn't get out of the building in time before overcome by smoke and fumes.

Some ambulance chasing scumbag would take that case Jag....you know that.

What happened to this Ali character then?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »
i'll say it again . . . if all parties involved had just been eating pizza by the slice, none of this would had happened.  i had pizza by the slice for lunch.  my day was neato after that.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 05:14:56 pm »
i'll say it again . . . if all parties involved had just been eating pizza by the slice, none of this would had happened.  i had pizza by the slice for lunch.  my day was neato after that.

I beg to differ......

'pick two' at Panera is the only way to go if you want your day to be as delightful as butterfly wings...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »

he was asked to leave DC9, came back and threw a brick through the front window, DC9 staff chased him down, and he ended up dying during the ensuing detainment/altercation/brouhaha.  DC9 staff claimed they did nothing wrong, the man's family claim he was brutalized to death.  no criminal charges were pressed against the staff despite the coroner ruling it was a homocide: http://www.tbd.com/articles/2010/12/dc9-case-mohammed-family-reportedly-has-death-certificate-40135.html

and we all know it's a chipotle burrito that is the recipe for a midday onslaught of happiness and perfection.
<sig>

betao

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »
Panera sucks. Jason's Deli FTW.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »
Oh Hell, nothing beats the delectable treat that I had tonight. For starters, an incredible ceviche trio. Not your normal type with lime juice, which I love. One had ahi with a clear apricot sauce, another with vanilla and grouper and the last was a snapper with a clear tamarind sauce. Superb! Of course, with a nice white wine... or 3. What topped it off so nicely was the creme brulee desert. Could not have had a better pairing. It was a trio of a vanilla creme brulee, a mango and an espresso one.

Just to top off an very delightful evening, I took a nice stroll along the ocean crest with the full moon shining overheard. The weather was warmer than usual for mid October and the water was very pleasantly warm. Now I'm home and feeling all nice and cozy. It doesn't get much better than this.

hutch

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 01:06:57 am »
All I would say is it must be very hard for a family to lose their son..it must be very hard to accept and not to look for a responsible party other than your son...

Have some compassion folks....

I continue to support DC9 but its not hard to understand why this is happening and its probably best to look the other way and let the judicial system deal with it.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 07:17:00 am »

he was asked to leave DC9, came back and threw a brick through the front window, DC9 staff chased him down, and he ended up dying during the ensuing detainment/altercation/brouhaha.  DC9 staff claimed they did nothing wrong, the man's family claim he was brutalized to death.  no criminal charges were pressed against the staff despite the coroner ruling it was a homocide: http://www.tbd.com/articles/2010/12/dc9-case-mohammed-family-reportedly-has-death-certificate-40135.html

and we all know it's a chipotle burrito that is the recipe for a midday onslaught of happiness and perfection.

So will the other bar(s) that got him intoxicated be sued too?  I mean, the death certificate does say it was alcohol intoxication that was part of what led to his death...
3MTA3

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 09:07:49 am »
Panera sucks. Jason's Deli FTW.

I know...it's the best we have down here though.

I REFUSE to go into any deli that has "NY" anything in the name because I'm sick of hearing how you can't get a decent bagel, pizza or coffee outside of Noo Yawk.....I even had one dope tell me he 'imports' his "corfeee" from NY. They grow coffee in NY now?? TWAT!

Probably sounds like a jibbering rant but you have to be down here a while to understand how annoying it is to be told how EVERYTHING is better 'back up north"...THEN FUCK OFF BACK UP THERE THEN.

Wait......"Ali Mohamed"?? I thought they couldn't consume alcohol??
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:10:23 am by Frank Gallagher »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 09:50:27 am »
All I would say is it must be very hard for a family to lose their son..it must be very hard to accept and not to look for a responsible party other than your son...

Have some compassion folks....

I continue to support DC9 but its not hard to understand why this is happening and its probably best to look the other way and let the judicial system deal with it.

absolutely.  this board is populated by music dorks, so it's not surprising that we side with the nightclub.  but we really don't know what happened, only what we'd like to have happen.  i tried my hardest to write up my recap of the situation in neutral terms.  at the moment it's one group's story vs. another's.

So will the other bar(s) that got him intoxicated be sued too?  I mean, the death certificate does say it was alcohol intoxication that was part of what led to his death...

good point, that hadn't occurred to me. not sure how the legal arguments work here.  alcohol was a contributing factor, but alone it wouldn't have killed him.  hey, lawyers: can alcohol or drugs be considered part of an eggg-shell scull argument?  so you take your victim as you find him, even if you find him intoxicated?

he frank gallagher: what will you be eating today?  better not be any red meat in there ;D

(fyi Ali Mohammed was ethiopian)
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 10:17:26 am »

he frank gallagher: what will you be eating today?  better not be any red meat in there ;D

(fyi Ali Mohammed was ethiopian)

Nope...not eaten red meat for 20+ years...unless you consider salmon red.