Author Topic: roger  (Read 20239 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: roger
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 10:49:45 am »
straight people steal everything from the gays.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 10:53:11 am »
Strai. people saying partner is 10x worse than homo. saying partner.

hutch

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:20 am »
Really? I've know more straight people than gay people who have used it. Even straight people who were legally married.

Partner sounds so gay.

newsflash: you can get married in plenty of places.

no way.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:44 am »
Strai. people saying partner is 10x worse than homo. saying partner.

^this

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 10:59:50 am »
what about business partner . . . do you feel so strongly about that as well?

so i guess domestic partnership is out too?

what if roger is partnering with american express for this show.  are you not going to go?

ok, now i'm just being silly.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:01:26 am by walkonby »

hutch

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 11:01:38 am »
By the time gay people are allowed to marry (with all the perks) straight people won't be getting married no more..

Marriage is out out out this millenium.

Sorry to cut out of this riveting discourse but I got to take the kid to storytime at the library or my partner will be pissed off at me.

;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:30 am »
tell your partner hey for me . . . and say that yada hates them.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:01 am »

WTF is this thread?
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 11:04:23 am »

WTF is this thread?

why people hate me.

yeah . . . i better get to work as well.  have a wonderful day.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 11:22:10 am »
most str8 people that i know who use "partner" do it out of solidarity with gays - either because they don't want to use wife/husband/spouse/etc until gay couples can, or they want to sow ambiguity around them and get people to question their assumptions - "why should everyone assume that every couple is hetero?". 

By the time gay people are allowed to marry (with all the perks) straight people won't be getting married no more..

gays are always picking up heteros' cast-offs.

in europe no one is getting married anymore, so it's only a question of time until it takes its natural cultural flow: europe --> north american fringe --> north american mainstream --> gays.
<sig>

rich_WDC

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 11:38:55 am »
Back to Topic...
I wish DC got the ballpark stadium version.  Although the show is indeed an arena thing, just to see a setup that is proportionately bigger with possibly enhanced lighting & effects would be quite a spectacle.
And....if the end of tour as currently written still stands, then Philly two days after DC is the place to be.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 12:03:12 pm »
Back to Topic...
I wish DC got the ballpark stadium version.  Although the show is indeed an arena thing, just to see a setup that is proportionately bigger with possibly enhanced lighting & effects would be quite a spectacle.
And....if the end of tour as currently written still stands, then Philly two days after DC is the place to be.

Be careful what you wish for:

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/photos/gallery.jsp?content_id=25860222&c_id=phi

Brian

P.S.  David Gilmour's in the Phanatic suit.

nkotb

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 12:08:34 pm »
Man, I bet gay couples are really going to be thanking these straight couples for their sacrifice when they finally get full marriage benefits.  POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!

most str8 people that i know who use "partner" do it out of solidarity with gays - either because they don't want to use wife/husband/spouse/etc until gay couples can, or they want to sow ambiguity around them and get people to question their assumptions - "why should everyone assume that every couple is hetero?". 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 12:35:47 pm »
Yowch.  The cheapest tix available in the presale is $146.  Not sure what fees will go on top of that.

No thanks.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 12:43:47 pm »
Yowch.  The cheapest tix available in the presale is $146.  Not sure what fees will go on top of that.

No thanks.

like i said: it's a great show, totally worth seeing once, but at that price i don't think i'll be going a second time.

i was able to pull up $64.85 tickets for uppers.

fyi, that $146 price includes most fees.  there is an additional $5 per order fee and a few bucks more if you want Ticketfast, but that's it.

Hardly the case...but with a bit of budgeting I can most definitely afford to spend a couple hundred bucks on something like this every once in a while. 

there are $65 and $92 tickets, so it can be done.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:45:39 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>