Author Topic: roger  (Read 20279 times)

James Ford

Re: roger
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »
I look at concerts as art perfornances rather than sporting events, bro.

Wish they all had seating.

Do you insist on standing at the movies? the ballet? at the dinner table?

i hate the whole sitting during shows thing.  i like to move my ass all about.  but if the majority of the crowd is sitting, then i do go along.  except when i saw sonic youth open for wilco at dar.  i was the only one getting down and fuck everybody else.

yes . . . sometimes i go over the top and be all rudish and sneery, but really, come on; you are comparing a concert to those other events?  but i do like your posts.  i wish i could lick them.  there, take that.

Yada

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 02:09:08 pm »

i hate the whole sitting during shows thing.  i like to move my ass all about.  but if the majority of the crowd is sitting, then i do go along.  except when i saw sonic youth open for wilco at dar.  i was the only one getting down and fuck everybody else.

yes . . . sometimes i go over the top and be all rudish and sneery, but really, come on; you are comparing a concert to those other events?  but i do like your posts.  i wish i could lick them.  there, take that.

Burnt out, yuppie?

There's a time and place for sit down concerts... and that time and place is the Birchmere.

hemisphire

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 02:30:14 pm »
Overwhelmingly a sitting crowd.  Totally bummed me out.  Even during "Young Lust" -- not only one of the more rockin and danceable tunes but also one that Roger hadn't played on previous tours -- the bulk of the audience stayed seated.   
And not only a D.C. response; saw one other show, too. Same deal.

That's what happens to old and burnt to a crisp yuppies. These same people probably bitch at people for standing up at a rock concert.

A couple people in my section for the last show tried to stand up for songs other than the hits, and got thoroughly berated for it.

James Ford

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »

Look at Yada, going all 1982 on us with the "y" word.

Burnt out, yuppie?

There's a time and place for sit down concerts... and that time and place is the Birchmere.

Yada

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 03:52:35 pm »

Burnt out, yuppie?

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but in my many years of concert going experiences, it's always some entitled old white couple bitching at people to sit down at rock concerts.

vansmack

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 03:55:36 pm »
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but in my many years of concert going experiences, it's always some entitled old white couple bitching at people to sit down at rock concerts.

Das Racist?
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 03:58:59 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
Oh my God, how much did I love Lynda Carter growing up?!

But I think you misunderstood me.  The last time I was at a Das Racist show it was some entitled old white couple that told me to sit down.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »
What I mean is that I haven't heard the word "yuppie" used since like 1987 or something. Figures someone who would have a problem with gays using "partner" would use it.  ;)

I don't think I've been to an arena show since 1984 or so, so I'm not the guy telling you to sit down.

Burnt out, yuppie?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2011, 05:19:28 pm »
What I mean is that I haven't heard the word "yuppie" used since like 1987 or something.

isn't that right about when you moved to the 'burbs, i.e. among the yuppies?  ;D
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2011, 05:23:33 pm »
Moved in 2004

Let's see...one neighbor is an artist, another is a social worker, another a government worker, and a fourth has a off duty cab parked in his driveway. Hardly a yuppie neighborhood, at least not what i remember "yuppie" meaning.

What I mean is that I haven't heard the word "yuppie" used since like 1987 or something.

isn't that right about when you moved to the 'burbs, i.e. among the yuppies?  ;D

Yada

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »
Moved in 2004

Let's see...one neighbor is an artist, another is a social worker, another a government worker, and a fourth has a off duty cab parked in his driveway. Hardly a yuppie neighborhood, at least not what i remember "yuppie" meaning.

Takoma Park or Silver Spring?

hutch

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 05:37:06 pm »
guilty.. I use the term yuppie...

I lived in DC for close to two decades. No word better describes whats happened to 14 th street.. my god its just one yuppie after another... overpriced bars and restaurants (sushi anyone?)..oh yeah lets not forget the ridiculously overpriced furniture places.. and does anything say yuppie better than those "art galleries"?...valet parking... world bankers dining on the sidewalk... a shit show.... about as much personality as i got on my fingernail.

they're going to keep putting up bars and restaurants and expensive condos until its one giant yuppie wet dream..

bye bye great jazz (HR57)..by bye metro cafe bye bye Pulp ..bye bye District Garden.. in its place we get expensive condos, expensive restaurants... a place that sells overpriced beer to yuppies etc..

people are now paying $2000 for a junior one bedroom.. if those aren't  yuppies i don't know what..

thank god for places like the Black Cat and Stetsons that manage to retain some sort of connection to reality.. not sure how long they will last.. oh and DC's best record store: SOM.

wml7

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 05:39:34 pm »
uh oh time for everyone to move to Richmond  ;D

Yada

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 05:41:58 pm »
uh oh time for everyone to move to Richmond  ;D

Redneck conservatives??

Give me yuppies all day long!