Author Topic: NYE 2011  (Read 11205 times)

fatskippy

Re: NYE 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:28 am »
Phish

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »
i'm staying at home with my loved one because i'm lucky to have him and you can see a concert any ole day of any ole year of any ole lifetime.   

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »
Anyone good playing NYE? All I've seen thus far is Trombone Shorty at the Fillmore in San Francisco.

Where will you be on NYE?

First NYE as a single person in many years and figured a concert with hundreds/thousands of fellow screaming fans would be a good option.

Phish.

Yes.  I'm sure that's who a single person wants to spend New Year's Eve with.  Men and women who haven't shaved in three years (ANYWHERE) and smell of B.O. and grilled cheese.

Brian

humor about rape and young children . . . is not humor.

Yada

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 12:34:53 pm »
Anyone good playing NYE? All I've seen thus far is Trombone Shorty at the Fillmore in San Francisco.

Where will you be on NYE?

First NYE as a single person in many years and figured a concert with hundreds/thousands of fellow screaming fans would be a good option.

Phish.

Yes.  I'm sure that's who a single person wants to spend New Year's Eve with.  Men and women who haven't shaved in three years (ANYWHERE) and smell of B.O. and grilled cheese.

Brian

humor about rape and young children . . . is not humor.

Go eat a chick fila nugget.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 12:36:50 pm »
i tried one once . . . they are not as good as mcdonalds. why is that?  real food should taste better than fake food.   

Yada

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 12:38:25 pm »
i tried one once . . . they are not as good as mcdonalds. why is that?  real food should taste better than fake food.   

Generalizations about Phish fans isn't humor either!

I smell better than all of you.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 12:42:54 pm »
yes . . . i too have always hated the phish fan stereotype.  you know what else i hate.  i have a good job, like to dress like i care, don't wear tacky grateful dead tshirts with artwork covering every fucking space of the shirt to every show with a pair of god awful cords . . . and at every show, i am treated like the undercover cop.  everytime.   it's like they actually look at me and go, "duddddddeeeee . . . you don't look like a trainwreck, you must be a cop."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:44:38 pm by walkonby »

Yada

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 12:45:56 pm »
yes . . . i too have always hated the phish fan stereotype.  you know what else i hate.  i have a good job, like to dress like i care, don't wear tacky grateful dead tshirts with artwork covering every fucking space of the shirt to every show with a pair of god awful cords . . . and at every show, i am treated like the undercover cop.  everytime.   it's like they actually look at me and go, "duddddddeeeee . . . you don't look like a trainwreck, you must be a cop."

My advice, drop a hit of acid then no one will think you're an undercover!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 12:46:57 pm »
how steve jobs of you.

slappy

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 02:40:42 pm »
http://www.thebpmfestival.com
Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Art Department, Behrouz, Boris, Carlo Lio, Cedric Gervais, Damian Lazarus, Dan Ghenacia, Daniel Dubb, Danny Howells, Danny Tenaglia, Davide Squillace, Deniz Kurtel, Dirty South, DJ Sneak, Droog, Dubfire, Gaiser live, Guti live, Guy Gerber, Heidi, Jamie Jones, Lee Burridge, Lee Foss, Leon, Loco Dice,Luca Bacchetti, Marco Carola, Martin Buttrich, Matthias Tanzmann, Marko Nastic, Nic Fanciulli, Nick Curly, Pleasurekraft, Richie Hawtin, Saeed Younan, Sean Miller, Simon Baker, Soul Clap, Stacey Pullen, Steve Angello, Steve Lawler, Tanner Ross, Thugfucker, tINI, Wolf + Lamb

The BPM Festival Phase Two Artist Line-Up (NEW ADDITIONS): Adam K, Addy, Afrilounge, Ambivalent, Andrew Grant, Antonio Piacquadio, Bioniq, Black Light Smoke, Craig Pettigrew, Crazy Larry, D-Paack, D. Ramirez, Damian Uzabiaga, Danny Daze, Danny Torrence, Damian Romero, Dave Powers, Dead Seal,Digitalique, DJ Draggon, DJ Lukas, Donovan, Dory, Endo, Fary, Frank & Tony, Fredo Cortez, Funkagenda, German Wagener, Gregorythme (live), Halo, Hoj, Jeff Gold, Joee Cons, Jojo Flores, John Digweed, Jonny Cruz, The Junkies, Julien Loreto, Kate Simko, Kenyon Clidero, Lauren Lane, Lee Jones, Louie Fresco, Manzone & Strong, Mar-c, Mark Henning, Mark Knight, Matthew Dekay, Max Jacobson, Metrika, Michelangelo, The Midnight Perverts, MightyKat, Mobius Strum, Mr. C, Miguel Puente, Miketrix, Mike Khoury, Mike Montano, Muan, My Favorite Robot, Naveen G, Neno, Nik Nik, Niko Glenn, Nina Kraviz, Nitin, Nymra + Sofisticated, Omar Labastida, Paskal & Vesselinov, Peter Bailey, Pillow Talk, Puente + Rosch, Richie Santana, Richy Ahmed, Robert James, Rodrigo Madrid, Robbie Akbal, Ross Evana, Russ Yallop, Sebo K, Serge Devant, Shdwplay (live), Shaun Reeves, Steve Aries, Tara Brooks, Tato, Three, Tini Tun, Uppercut, XO-Chic and more to be announced!

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »
Black Angels/Wooden Shjips/Ume in Austin:  http://www.emosaustin.com/event/64259/

Nigel Tufnel

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 03:24:36 pm »
Also Hayes Carll in Austin, at La Zona Rosa.

Yada

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 03:24:47 pm »
Black Lips - New Orleans... this would fuckin' rip.

James Ford

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 03:34:34 pm »
Gogol Bordello, Los Lobos, and Budos Band are all playing (at separate venues) NYE in NYC. All seem like good picks to me.

hutch

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 03:53:23 pm »
Old 97s are playing bar mitzvahs now?