Author Topic: TEBOW!  (Read 6652 times)

ggw

Re: TEBOW!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 11:49:59 am »
unless it snows on saturday - in which case denver doesn't stand a chance.

Because it never snows in Denver.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 12:25:47 pm »

I'd think bad weather (snow) would favor the Broncos.  Better running game (McGahee and Tebow.)

I don't think they should start the NFL playoffs until they can guarantee at least one game will be played under heavy snow conditions.  I mean, those are kind of rare.  The only two that stick out in the last ten years are the Tuck Rule/Patriots/Raiders one that started the Patriots nonsense and the Packers/Giants one from a few years ago.  I really don't care about high-def but "Snowy NFL playoff games in high-def" are one of the most awesome things ever.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 12:41:39 pm »
brady has never lost in snow.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 01:06:22 pm »

Are you so sure?

The Patriots defense (especially pass defense) is HORRIBLE!  And if Dumervil or Von Miller can get to Brady, he can get rattled (see Jets playoff game last year.)  If yesterday wasn't an aberration and the Broncos have SOME sort of pass attack, they at least have a puncher's chance.

I hate the Steelers, too and two things were made clear yesterday:1.)  When James Harrison isn't dishing out concussions and cheap shots, he SUCKS at containment.
2.)  Troy Polamalu has been "free-lancing" so much that he's forgotten what position he plays.  It's SAFETY.  Ike Taylor has gotten all the blame but it was disgraceful how little help he got.

Brian
The Denver Tebow's cannot win a shoot out with the Pats. It just won't happen. Denver's defense is pretty solid and the Pats D is pretty fucking wrtched. But I just don't see the Broncos pulling out this upset. Pats are way too dangerous offensively. Their tight ends will have a field day.
‼‼?‼‼

Mobius

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 04:20:32 pm »
Interesting that Tebow get to bring his 'talents' against 'sinners'.  He vanquished the the QB Rapist and now has a shot at the QB Who Hasn't Won A Super Bowl Since Leaving His Pregnant Girlfriend For A Supermodel (7 years since Brady has won a Super Bowl, amazingly).  The Church Lady must be proud.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 11:32:36 am »
Well isn't that special...
‼‼?‼‼

eldred24

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 09:22:44 am »
So.... I own the website www.TebowTime.com .

Looking to overhaul it to drive more traffic to it, just for fun.

Any thoughts?

Yada

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 09:48:00 am »
42-10, Pats.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 10:12:14 am »

It looks like there's going to be SOME snow in both New England and Green Bay but it will probably be done and cleared before both games.

\\\

Listening on the radio this morning I heard a clip of Aaron Rodgers talking about the tragedy of their offensive coordinator's son dying.  Aaron Rodgers said he'd never been to a funeral in his life.  How many 28 year-olds have NEVER been to a funeral?  I thought that odd.  He's a lucky guy to never lose anyone close to him.

Brian

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 10:17:39 am »
So.... I own the website www.TebowTime.com .

Looking to overhaul it to drive more traffic to it, just for fun.

Any thoughts?

yes: cash in on the craze before saturday.

42-10, Pats.

i think the broncos' D, and the Pats' lack thereof, will make it a tad closer: 38-27.  i'm calling hernandez > the gronk.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 01:42:27 pm »
I'm 44 and I've only been to one funeral.

But then again, I'm a data cruncher who sits behind a computer all day and my primary social interaction is posting about beer on an internet message board.

Whereas he's a good looking star quarterback.

It looks like there's going to be SOME snow in both New England and Green Bay but it will probably be done and cleared before both games.

\\\

Listening on the radio this morning I heard a clip of Aaron Rodgers talking about the tragedy of their offensive coordinator's son dying.  Aaron Rodgers said he'd never been to a funeral in his life.  How many 28 year-olds have NEVER been to a funeral?  I thought that odd.  He's a lucky guy to never lose anyone close to him.

Brian

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 02:22:08 pm »

Brian

I heard that on NFL Countdown today and it too surprised me. I'm 20 and I can count 6 I've been to. Hell, I went to 2 in the last 6 months alone. He's extremely talented and never lost anyone close to him. Lucky guy indeed.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 04:27:47 pm »

The milk's gone BAD!

Listen, I got the Broncs.  The Patriots have lost three playoff games in a row.  The last two at home.  The last two (Jets and Ravens) had a similar make-up to the Broncos:  Good defense, good running game, mediocre passing offense but can hit the deep ball.  If the Broncos can at least contain New England's tight ends they have a good shot.  Their first game this year was closer than the score indicated.  Willis McGahee will be the star of this one.

Actually (no spreads), I have a lot of dogs:  Saints, Broncos, Texans, Giants.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »
i like it when you talk football.  it is cute.  springsteen cute.  i can see you in those tight blue jeans standing in front of an american flag right now.  fucking football.  i see you are wrong already on one team.  i feel bad for the rest that you have doomed with your failure picks.

James Ford

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 11:06:46 pm »
Looks like he's 0 for Saturday.