Author Topic: Radiohead chit chat  (Read 52153 times)

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
Re: Radiohead chit chat
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2012, 12:24:06 pm »
Has anyone been able to snag a pit ticket since they released this new batch of tickets? I need 1 more terribly.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2012, 12:35:23 pm »
Also, does anyone think it's plausible to maybe pick up a pit ticket outside of verizon center on sunday? I assume it would be a lot like the club where there are always people looking to unload tickets for people who are no shows.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2012, 12:41:30 pm »
people outside of shows at verizon selling tickets, i do not trust.  my opinion.  i always think you take too much a risk getting screwed on a fake ticket.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:23 pm »
for a radiohead show i'd feel safe trusting folks there.  if someone sells you a physical floor ticket, it means they got it through WASTE (the fan club) - and my experiences with RH fans have been nothing but positive (at times positively weird, but all positive).

otherwise the person will have a TM paperless ticket, so you'll have to walk into the venue with him/her.  kinda hard to screw that one up.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »
people outside of shows at verizon selling tickets, i do not trust.  my opinion.  i always think you take too much a risk getting screwed on a fake ticket.

You're also afraid of black people.

To be honest, this is the first ticket I haven't bought from someone outside of the Verizon Center in about 7 years.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2012, 01:23:02 pm »

To be honest, this is the first ticket I haven't bought from someone outside of the Verizon Center in about 7 years.

So you've had, no borat pun intended, great success when it comes to buying tickets outside before the show?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2012, 01:24:11 pm »

good lord . . . you get one comment . . . you're an asshole.  not afraid of those or sticking something in them to make them shut the fuck up.  i was talking about getting a fake ticket, like the time i did, in dc.  no other objectives or hidden messages.  never again will i buy tickets for shows on the sidewalk.  and i feel dumb trying to sell them, so i stopped doing that as well.  good lord, the nerve.  

Yada

« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2012, 01:52:19 pm »

So you've had, no borat pun intended, great success when it comes to buying tickets outside before the show?

Great success... BUT this is also based on how many tickets are being sold online prior to the show. A recent example is the Black Keys show. There were literally over 1,000 tickets for sale on Stubhub leading up to the show. I went down about 10 minutes before show time and picked up 100 level seats for over 50% off the sales price. I haven't paid attention to the Radiohead market since I already have tickets.

Yada

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2012, 01:53:13 pm »

good lord . . . you get one comment . . . you're an asshole.  not afraid of those or sticking something in them to make them shut the fuck up.  i was talking about getting a fake ticket, like the time i did, in dc.  no other objectives or hidden messages.  never again will i buy tickets for shows on the sidewalk.  and i feel dumb trying to sell them, so i stopped doing that as well.  good lord, the nerve.  

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2012, 02:45:07 pm »
i'd expect people to have decent luck finding something outside the show on sunday night.  because of the paperless thing, if anyone has an extra they couldn't unload it on SH, ebay, or any of the usual outlets.  if i was looking i'd ask around a lot and/or make a little sign.  be sure to hit up the folks waiting in the GA line.  for the two shows that i saw in TX, there were folks in line that had an extra or two but didn't actively sell them b/c they didn't want to look like scalpers, were afraid of being busted, etc. 

dunno if you're going to get 50% off, but i'd expect one's chances to be pretty good.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:00 pm »
Was lucky enough to get tix while riding Amtrak back from Philly today.  Took two tries but it all worked out.  Have never seen these guys before. 

wml7

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:48 pm »
Caribou was awesome as the opener so dont you fuckers miss them.
 ;D

lily1

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2012, 03:20:50 pm »
i plan on checking out the opener.

bearman🐻

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2012, 05:45:00 pm »
Man, Radiohead is lucky they're not playing in DC tonight. Could you imagine the wrath?

wml7

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »
Whats the weather like there now?  Freezing and windy here in Jersey still no rain though which is good.
 ;D