Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296281 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3690 on: October 16, 2019, 08:34:33 am »
How much .money did I pay for seats to have fat middle ages cows stand in front of my kid bobbing their heads and twirling their fingers and bumping their to fat asses into their aeatvacks!
If only the porky women were midgets. If only.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3691 on: October 16, 2019, 08:41:32 am »
How much .money did I pay for seats to have fat middle ages cows stand in front of my kid bobbing their heads and twirling their fingers and bumping their to fat asses into their aeatvacks!
If only the porky women were midgets. If only.

Thanks for the laugh! You rock.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3692 on: October 16, 2019, 08:58:38 am »
75. I enjoyed Wilco at the Anthem.
Bought a seat in Row X yesterday.
Walked in as Soccer Mommy was starting. No one was sitting at the end of the 3rd row, so I sat there and saw their whole set. They are a fun band in a tough spot opening for Wilco in a 1/4 full large hall.
Between sets I checked into my seat in the middle of Row X which seemed okay. I then acquired a vegan hot dog (no chili) and while I was eating it I randomly met up with some folks that go to a lot of Wilco shows and Baltimore house shows. They had upgraded their seats to front row.
Once Wilco started, I went back to my Soccer Mommy seat in 3rd row at the end Stage Right.
No one ever came to claim it.
Was next to a lady in a full mirrorball reflective dress who seemed cool and very drunk.
At that spot I could stand adjacent to my seat and not block anyone's view other than other standing folks who slowly accumulated behind me in that area, and the mirrored gal danced next to me and occasionally we high-fived.
Mid Wilco set I moved up to Row B closer to center stage which had been empty for the whole show and sat for some of the slower songs. Then near the end of the main set I stood at the stage with the folks I knew and enjoyed Nels shredding a few feet away.  Lingered a few minutes after the show, then quickly got back to the car.
As I drove away on he highway, I listened the Nats punch their ticket and saw the fireworks over the stadium.
Great show, great night. I have some cool close up video (but didn't block anyone's view in obtaining it).
Bought the poster.
I feel for Spaceman, I too would have been miserable wedged into the middle of Row X.
This should have been a standing room show.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:25:18 pm by challanged and calloused »

hutch

« Reply #3693 on: October 16, 2019, 09:07:40 am »
I should have been with Challenged!

Anyone know why it was a seated show? My guess is the band wanted it that way cause of the slow new album but I don’t know

I had seats on 2nd floor but didn’t even check them out...hung out by bar stage right on floor...fine view but I guess I could have done better....I had not seen then in seven years so set list was perfect particularly the Being There encore

Weird night though with Nats playing...scoring 7 in first helped...caught last three outs at Brighton next door...so happy

hutch

« Reply #3694 on: October 16, 2019, 09:10:25 am »
Love the poster!

Space Freely

« Reply #3695 on: October 16, 2019, 09:17:07 am »
That one-two punch of "I Got You" and "Outtasite" never gets old. They did that at the first Wilco show I went to.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/1995/930-club-washington-dc-73dd2629.html

Wish they had added "Monday".

shemptiness

« Reply #3696 on: October 16, 2019, 10:07:18 am »
Loved hearing "Don't Forget the Flowers".  New stuff sounded great - "We Were Lucky" will probably become a staple. HMD's absence was a surprise.  The encore rocked, but I was expecting "I'm a Wheel" to end it.  All in all a great show.  Front row Tier A is a good perch - as usual could do without all the talking during the quieter tunes.  And being billed by Rooam for somebody else's order.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3697 on: October 16, 2019, 05:28:02 pm »
Loved hearing "Don't Forget the Flowers".  New stuff sounded great - "We Were Lucky" will probably become a staple. HMD's absence was a surprise.  The encore rocked, but I was expecting "I'm a Wheel" to end it.  All in all a great show.  Front row Tier A is a good perch - as usual could do without all the talking during the quieter tunes.  And being billed by Rooam for somebody else's order.

Best/Worst crowd banter during the quiet songs was the dudes behind me one of whom had never heard a single song from Wilco before saying "how did I miss this for so long,  this is like the Grateful Dead," and his buddy was like, "no....this is way better than that nonsense...."

Bagley

« Reply #3698 on: October 18, 2019, 10:33:59 am »
Great Bon Iver show last night.  Bruce Hornsby showed up for a couple numbers including a Bonnie Raitt tune. Baltimore's own Jenn Wasner seemed to be loving her role in the band.  The usual Vernon-adoring crowd.  Cue the haters...

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3699 on: October 18, 2019, 11:11:03 am »
Great Bon Iver show last night.  Bruce Hornsby showed up for a couple numbers including a Bonnie Raitt tune. Baltimore's own Jenn Wasner seemed to be loving her role in the band.  The usual Vernon-adoring crowd.  Cue the haters...

How was the light show? Remember a video getting posted a while back covering the incredible stage design they were taking on the road. His last show at the Anthem was him alone on stage in front of a black backdrop.

« Reply #3700 on: October 18, 2019, 12:40:04 pm »

How was the light show? Remember a video getting posted a while back covering the incredible stage design they were taking on the road. His last show at the Anthem was him alone on stage in front of a black backdrop.
I didn't go, but a friend posted this
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3701 on: October 18, 2019, 12:52:24 pm »
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #3702 on: October 18, 2019, 01:03:32 pm »
Bor Ingver

Bagley

« Reply #3703 on: October 18, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »

Very cool.  This was a much more dynamic show both visually and sonically.  Thanks for the visual aid Hatch.

Bagley

« Reply #3704 on: October 18, 2019, 01:55:31 pm »
Oh  and  btw  Vernon gave a shout out to this very important organization-  http://www.safealliance.org/