Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1294192 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3795 on: December 19, 2019, 10:46:17 am »
...It wouldn't surprise me if Beach Bunny was headlining the 9:30 within a year.
they've got a RNR hotel show in the spring on the books already (not sold out yet)

It is now.

Check out this acoustic Paste session-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAlC0w8U7Kc
good thing I picked up some tix...
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3796 on: December 19, 2019, 10:48:47 am »
...It wouldn't surprise me if Beach Bunny was headlining the 9:30 within a year.
they've got a RNR hotel show in the spring on the books already (not sold out yet)

It is now.

Check out this acoustic Paste session-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAlC0w8U7Kc
good thing I picked up some tix...
Got these as an anniversary gift from the Misses.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3797 on: December 20, 2019, 12:34:24 am »
Got these as an anniversary gift from the Misses.

there are several of them?!?
<sig>

bearman🐻

« Reply #3798 on: December 23, 2019, 11:15:36 am »
Very fun True Love Always/Kevin Hairs/Cotton Candy show at Galaxy Hut last night. I've always been a TLA fan and was happy to see Mark Robinson on bass.

Bagley

« Reply #3799 on: January 22, 2020, 01:18:21 pm »
Fun times at Cracker Van Beethoven Saturday. 

Space -  Sorry I missed you.  Haven't seen a setlist but it looks like Camper prolly kicked off with Skinheads.  The Hava Nagila/Kashmir jam was tasty.  Segel and his violin make that band for me.  (Arrived at 6:37ish for an extremely early start.)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3800 on: January 23, 2020, 02:26:31 pm »
this probably doesn't belong here, but i could figure where it does... gawd this is funny.  story set in bethesda, too!

Wife Confident Husband’s Band Too Shitty for Groupies
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #3801 on: January 30, 2020, 01:37:47 pm »
Nada Surf and Aaron Lee Tasjan, Black Cat

I've never met or seen a picture of Challenged so I thought about going around and asking anyone who fit my vision of him "Are you Challenged?" but there were just too many guys who fit the bill. You'd think I was in Baltimore or Richmond or something.

Anyway, Nada Surf made me smile as always. Would have preferred the sound of 9:30, but what are you going to do, they're losing their fan base to death and retirement homes.

They didn't have Doug Gillard (also of GBV) with them, but Matthew Caws is a nifty guitarist himself, and the keyboards they've added at some point flesh out the sound nicely.

Saw about half of AL Tasjan. Enjoyable opener, my wife really liked him.

Space Freely

« Reply #3802 on: January 30, 2020, 01:59:06 pm »
Also, Nada Surf's drummer looks great for a 56 year old man.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3803 on: January 30, 2020, 02:42:16 pm »

I've never met or seen a picture of Challenged so I thought about going around and asking anyone who fit my vision of him "Are you Challenged?" but there were just too many guys who fit the bill. You'd think I was in Baltimore or Richmond or something.

Anyway, Nada Surf made me smile as always. Would have preferred the sound of 9:30, but what are you going to do, they're losing their fan base to death and retirement homes.

They didn't have Doug Gillard (also of GBV) with them, but Matthew Caws is a nifty guitarist himself, and the keyboards they've added at some point flesh out the sound nicely.

I was over by stage right, 3rd or 4th deep from the stage. Where were you all situated? I was eyeing the couples in the audience to see if I could conclude they were you and your wife, but didn't really have any idea what to look for.  Next time I will announce what I am wearing so we can find each other.

As I said in the other thread, I really enjoyed this show. And the drummer not only looks great for 56, he is a powerful steady force behind those tunes, and he can sing too.

Space Freely

« Reply #3804 on: January 30, 2020, 02:56:18 pm »

I was over by stage right, 3rd or 4th deep from the stage. Where were you all situated? I was eyeing the couples in the audience to see if I could conclude they were you and your wife, but didn't really have any idea what to look for.  Next time I will announce what I am wearing so we can find each other.

As I said in the other thread, I really enjoyed this show. And the drummer not only looks great for 56, he is a powerful steady force behind those tunes, and he can sing too.

I think I saw a tallish guy with short hair, glasses, and trimmed beard over in that area (I think with a woman but not sure) who I thought maybe was you, but looked too young to have been in law school when you said you were. If it was you, congrats on looking so young. I also wasn't sure whether you were there at all, based on your percentages.

We were maybe eight deep, center to stage right (in between Matthew and Daniel, the bass player). We dropped back to maybe 12 deep to avoid the body crunch but eventually back up to about eight deep. I had on my bright red pants, black glasses, shoulder length hair, and short trimmed goatee. We[re both about 5'9" and 50ish.

Oh well, yeah next time, definitely. Glad you enjoyed the show. Hoping they stick around for a while and you get to see them some more!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3805 on: January 30, 2020, 05:14:06 pm »
That tall dude with trimmed beard and his unconventionally attractive SO were right in front of me. had to be 20 years younger than me. They seemed to really like each other, and he seemed to really like the band.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:17:12 pm by challanged and calloused »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3806 on: February 03, 2020, 12:33:32 pm »
Friday night we decided at last second to see the Honey Dewdrops at the Creative Alliance in Baltimore. Went in with no knowledge of this guitar/banjo husband and wife duo. Really enjoyed it. His voice in particular was compelling, maybe a cross between Glen Campbell and John McCauley from Deer Tick.

Saturday we went and saw Gary Gulman at the Warner. So funny. So smart. If you have not seen him perform, you really should. Dina Hashem opened and was great with her limited time. EDIT: Dina Hashem is performing this friday night February 7th at AMPStrathmore in RockvilleThesda.

Sunday I was pleasantly surprised that Fox had the Bowl streaming for free on the internets. I thought I would not get to see it at all. We "watched" the 1st half of the Superbowl and the halftime show and then went to sleep. I had never seen Mahomes play, and did not know he was the QB for KC.  I used to be a huge NFL fan. So glad I am not anymore. So much time has been given back to me!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:45:15 pm by challanged and calloused »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3807 on: February 05, 2020, 06:31:18 pm »
Tuesday night at Songbyrd's Bonny Light Horseman and Erin Rae was great. Too short, but this project has only a small amount of material.  Poster was great. I don't like this venue. too crowded, hot, and parking is a crap shoot in this neighborhood. - I am an old person.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3808 on: February 05, 2020, 06:35:31 pm »
Tuesday night at Songbyrd's Bonny Light Horseman and Erin Rae was great. Too short, but this project has only a small amount of material.  Poster was great. I don't like this venue. too crowded, hot, and parking is a crap shoot in this neighborhood. - I am an old person.
I had a pair that I couldn’t use because of a work conflict and could not, for the life of me, find anyone who’d take them for free. Oh well. Next time!
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #3809 on: February 05, 2020, 09:09:06 pm »
I had a pair that I couldn’t use because of a work conflict and could not, for the life of me, find anyone who’d take them for free. Oh well. Next time!

Believable post if you had good enough taste in music to have tickets to BLH.