Author Topic: The Nationals and Orioles are both in first place  (Read 28019 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: The Nationals and Orioles are both in first place
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:24 am »
I'm still shocked and in disbelief that the Caps actually won last night.  I mean, when was the last time ANY DC sports team exceeded expectations by winning something they were not supposed to when it ACTUALLY MATTERED??

March 25, 2007 - Georgetown v. UNC, Elite 8
I was thinking April 2008 when the Caps beat the Panthers so make the playoffs AND clinch the division on the final day of the regular season.  Nothing since has seemed quite as sweet.

EDIT - except maybe Sergei Federov's game 7 goal agains the Rangers in round 1 in 2009. 

To me though this tops it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:49:53 am by chaz »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 11:54:25 am »
Personally, I'm just thrilled another Bmore/DC team crushed the hopes of a team from Boston.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57:25 am »
Personally, I'm just thrilled another Bmore/DC team crushed the hopes of a team from Boston.

This does make it extra sweet.

K8teebug

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »

;D

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 04:54:57 pm »
I'm still shocked and in disbelief that the Caps actually won last night.  I mean, when was the last time ANY DC sports team exceeded expectations by winning something they were not supposed to when it ACTUALLY MATTERED??

In all honesty I felt prior to the game they were much better off being on the road. If they were at VC for Game 7, I would have liked their odds a lot less as the entire crowd's assholes would have been puckered tight the entire game, waiting and groaning for the worst to happen.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »

Yeah, chalk that up to divine intervention and all three officials on the court having their heads shoved up their asses at the most opportune time. Notice how your shit team hasn't done jack fucking shit since.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 05:14:55 pm »

In all honesty I felt prior to the game they were much better off being on the road. If they were at VC for Game 7, I would have liked their odds a lot less as the entire crowd's assholes would have been puckered tight the entire game, waiting and groaning for the worst to happen.

i don't have the stats in front of me, and i'm too lazy to google 'em, but road teams have won something like 2/3 or game 7's.  so statistically, last night's result was expected.  not that i didn't think that the Caps would be in that 1/3 ;D
<sig>

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »

Yeah, chalk that up to divine intervention and all three officials on the court having their heads shoved up their asses at the most opportune time. Notice how your shit team hasn't done jack fucking shit since.

u mad bro?
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 05:41:40 pm »
O's and Nats still in first Angels still in last.

27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:17 pm »

They're haughty bastards up there, aren't they?

stevewizzle

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 09:43:23 am »
They're haughty bastards up there, aren't they?

that's what a real newspaper in a sports town with real fans looks like.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

:\

Real fans? More like real racist pieces of shit.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 03:09:03 pm »
u mad bro?

What's it gonna take for JT3 to get shitcanned? Gtown is a joke.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:15 pm »
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »

:\

Real fans? More like real racist pieces of shit.

yes, a few tweets do indeed paint an entire fan-base of millions in a single color.  if a black player on the bruins had scored that goal, i can assure you that a few local bigots would have posted the exact same thing (assuming they're smart enough to use computers).

btw, you're aware that the bruins had the first black player ever, right?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_O%27Ree
<sig>