Author Topic: The Nationals and Orioles are both in first place  (Read 28043 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The Nationals and Orioles are both in first place
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2012, 08:57:25 am »
how did all this hockey and racism talk jack the nat/O's thread?

bryce harper is a beast!!!!  nats look like they are there to stay in 1st place.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2012, 09:09:01 am »
we like to jack . . . .

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2012, 09:26:00 am »
In the beginning, there was Jack, and Jack had a groove.
And from this groove came the groove of all grooves.
And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldy declared,
"Let there be HOUSE!"
and house music was born.
"I am, you see,
I am
the creator, and this is my house!
And, in my house there is ONLY house music.
But, I am not so selfish because once you enter my house it then becomes OUR house and OUR house music!"
And, you see, no one man owns house because house music is a universal language, spoken and understood by all.
You see, house is a feeling that no one can understand really unless you're deep into the vibe of house.
House is an uncontrollable desire to jack your body.
And, as I told you before, this is our house and our house music.
And in every house, you understand, there is a keeper.
And, in this house, the keeper is Jack.
Now some of you who might wonder,
"Who is Jack, and what is it that Jack does?"
Jack is the one who gives you the power to jack your body!
Jack is the one who gives you the power to do the snake.
Jack is the one who gives you the key to the wiggly worm.
Jack is the one who learns you how to walk your body.
Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all Jackers together under one house.
You may be black, you may be white; you may be Jew or Gentile. It don't make a difference in OUR House.
And this is fresh.

(you've just been jacked... old school)
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 08:36:18 pm »
Back to the topic at hand...

Orioles, best record in baseball.
Nats, trying to tie them.
L.A. Pujols, still in last.
Cards, sans Pujols, first place.
All is right in the baseball world!

Hey Davis, you've struck out five times and are 0 for 7. Get your ass over the the pitchers mound!

K8teebug

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 08:12:52 am »
I am living in Orioles bizzaro world and LOVING IT.  After not giving up on them, this is the best ever. 

ORIOLES MAGIC, FEEL IT HAPPEN!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:45 am »
Oof, Werth breaking his wrist? Tuff.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »
Oof, Werth breaking his wrist? Tuff.
Yup.  Now we are really going to see what this team is made of.

Rizzo's comments on Hamels' intentional beaming of Harper:  Hilarious. 

"?He thinks he?s sending a message to us of being a tough guy. He?s sending the polar opposite message. He says he?s being honest; well, I?m being honest. It was a gutless chicken shit fucking act. That was a fake-tough act. No one has ever accused Cole Hamels of being old school.?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/mike-rizzo-calls-cole-hamels-fake-tough-calls-for-suspension-after-classless-gutless-act/2012/05/07/gIQAZPO07T_blog.html?hpid=z2

hutch

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 05:28:12 pm »
well the phillies were ticked off he was getting so many pitches called for balls the previous game..

was a great moment when harper stole home! the rest of the game turned into a nightmare.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »
well the phillies were ticked off he was getting so many pitches called for balls the previous game..

was a great moment when harper stole home! the rest of the game turned into a nightmare.

oh . . . it's you. 

vansmack

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 06:31:09 pm »

It turns out the batter doesn't make the balls and strike calls, so why plunk the batter?  I'm all for hitting people.  I've been thrown out of more baseball games than I can remember (and have a couple of great stories about that too that I will share someday), but I too was perplexed that Harper was plunked because the umpires were upsetting the Phils.  All that has to happen is for the catcher to act like he's crossed up on a fastball and let a slider hit the ump on the top of the foot - that's how you complain about balls and strikes.  Not hitting the batter.  But Cole took his like a man too in the third so fine.

One thing I will agree with though is that Bryce Harper loves to play baseball.  And I like to watch him love to play baseball.

And Rhett - I'm not ignoring your posts.  I'm simply making a list...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »
I'm reminded of a time back in 1995, I think it was.  Garret Anderson's rookie season and he's tearing it up - hitting close to .350 at the time, probably had a hitting streak of some sort going on, if I remember correctly.  My old man and I are at the game...

Roger Clemens was on the mound and throws the first pitch over Garret's shoulder, buzzed right past his helmet to the back stop.  Clemens was never going to hit Garret and really just wanted to get his attention.  It was just enough to get the rookie off his game and out of his comfort zone and he struck out that at bat.  Garret ended up going 0-4 that night and never looked comfortable at the plate.

That's how you welcomed rookies to the big leagues, and Roger Clemens is one of the last persons I'd ever say a nice word about. 

EDIT:  Here you go.  Boxscore.  Looks like it was the second at bat and not the first that Clemens threw over Garret's head.  That makes sense because Garret ripped a shot his first at bat.  And, yes, my head is filled with this much useless information.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:53:06 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »
Rizzo was defending his player publicly. Both him and Harper know rooks have been getting plunked since the beginning of time. That said, he took advantage of the opportunity to crack on a hand model wannabe like Cole Hamels whose career peaked his rookie year. Hopefully Hamels will lose a few teeth in an inadvertent collision going up the first base line.

stevewizzle

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 09:35:27 am »
Rizzo was defending his player publicly. Both him and Harper know rooks have been getting plunked since the beginning of time. That said, he took advantage of the opportunity to crack on a hand model wannabe like Cole Hamels whose career peaked his rookie year. Hopefully Hamels will lose a few teeth in an inadvertent collision going up the first base line.

also was an opportunity to grow the phillies/nats "rivalry". 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2012, 01:57:53 pm »
Shit, I said we'd find out what the Nats were really made of when we lost Werth for 3 months.  And now Ramos gone for a year?

I'm thinking a torn ACL on a catcher, one of his considerable size, could be career threatening.

James Ford

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2012, 01:59:45 pm »
Hey Bryce Harper, your slugging percentage is 0.145 lower than Stephen Strasburg's slugging percentage. Why don't you crack the other side of your face with a bat too, idiot.