Author Topic: For Walky  (Read 652228 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: For Walky
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2012, 10:03:21 am »
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/12/13824089-us-ambassador-3-others-killed-in-attacks-on-libya-mission?lite

this . . . just lost the election for obama.  romney will stroke the christian hatred for islam and he will demand justice, while obama continues to kiss ass and say it's horrible because we don't want to lose the middle east's oil connection.

hutch

« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:01 am »
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/12/13824089-us-ambassador-3-others-killed-in-attacks-on-libya-mission?lite

this . . . just lost the election for obama.  romney will stroke the christian hatred for islam and he will demand justice, while obama continues to kiss ass and say it's horrible because we don't want to lose the middle east's oil connection.

i don't think so.. people are sick of war.
I mean what are we suppposed to do? Go to war with every country in the Middle East?

Having said that, I was very saddened to wake up to this news and think it sad more could not be done to protect US consulate staff ... particularly coming on an anniversary of 9-11 this is unacceptable.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2012, 11:39:43 am »
this does prove one thing . . . youtube can be the cause of anything and everything nowadays.  the film had been out for awhile, and nobody knew anything about it.  the second it hits youtube, this happens.   

youtube needs to change and be monitored more carefully . . . perhaps even changed into a pay service.

imbecile

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2012, 12:23:23 pm »

thank you america . . . for being strong, and being proud, and getting through!

I take it this is the defacto 9/11 thread for a day, so I'll share this story here.

I flew out from Las Vegas yesterday, direct into Reagan.  We were under a weather delay on the tarmac for about 45 minutes (flash flooding in Las Vegas) and during that time the pilot came on to tell everyone a bit about the days flight.

Apparently, as you're flying into a city, the last 30 minutes of the flight has several check points that the plane must hit at certain speed, altitude, etc to make the correct track into the airport.  The name of this series of point is usually something local about where you're going, his example was that when flying into Phoenix, the series was once called "Phoenix Cardinal."

Anyway, pilot tells us that the final 30 minutes into DC today are named "Freedom One", he then goes on to list the names of the points which will be hitting, which make up that series:

- honor
- courage
- persevere
- bravery
- *a few more which I can't remember*
- we, will
- never
- forget
- September
- 11th
- Let's roll

Pilot then thanked us for flying with them on September 11th and everyone applauded.

It was pretty cool, you could hear the pilots voice breaking up a bit as he was naming the points over the intercom.  It was pretty cool and quite emotional.  I made sure to thank him for sharing that with us upon exiting the plane.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2012, 04:17:24 pm »
this will cheer up ol' walkies:

Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups
Chick-fil-A has agreed to stop funding groups with anti-same-sex marriage stances, according to a statement released Wednesday by LGBT advocacy group The Civil Rights Agenda.
http://www.wdbo.com/news/news/local/chick-fil-says-it-will-stop-funding-anti-gay-group/nSFp3/
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2012, 04:28:08 pm »
So the boycott started to hit that guy in his wallet, big fucking deal.

If he wants to impress anyone, he should use the money he used to contribute to those shit groups and give it to GLAAD or other groups trying to overturn marriage discrimination laws. Then I'll reconsider eating his lifeless bird lumps (not really).
oword

hutch

« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2012, 04:49:13 pm »
its a big deal to me!

since the broohaha i only ate there once in order to spend our monthly calendar coupon for a free chicken sandwich...

a chickfila opened a mile from our home three months ago and we love the food and were looking forward to enjoying it semi regularly... over the years  we've grown accustomed to eating there when we drive down to florida.

i ain't saying i'm going to rush back there but if they get their act together i'll be eating there cause i love the food.

the fact i boycotted the place and they're apparently changing their policy does make me feel good.. whoever opened up that local franchise must be breathing a sigh of relief cause in this area that had to hurt them... its hard to find a republican around here.

nkotb

« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2012, 10:16:38 pm »
My favorite part?  "Hey, I'm glad this company changed their hateful ways that stopped me from ever eating there again and supporting their homophobic endeavors except when I have a bitchin' coupon.  Now I can eat there again INCLUDING when I have a bitchin' coupon."

its a big deal to me!

since the broohaha i only ate there once in order to spend our monthly calendar coupon for a free chicken sandwich...

a chickfila opened a mile from our home three months ago and we love the food and were looking forward to enjoying it semi regularly... over the years  we've grown accustomed to eating there when we drive down to florida.

i ain't saying i'm going to rush back there but if they get their act together i'll be eating there cause i love the food.

the fact i boycotted the place and they're apparently changing their policy does make me feel good.. whoever opened up that local franchise must be breathing a sigh of relief cause in this area that had to hurt them... its hard to find a republican around here.

hutch

« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2012, 10:44:18 pm »
My favorite part?  "Hey, I'm glad this company changed their hateful ways that stopped me from ever eating there again and supporting their homophobic endeavors except when I have a bitchin' coupon.  Now I can eat there again INCLUDING when I have a bitchin' coupon."

its a big deal to me!

Are you saying you think I should not have got that free chicken sandwich?

:D

hutch

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »

Somebody give this guy a job as a  political analyst!

Relaxer

« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2012, 02:19:30 pm »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:24:55 pm by Relaxer »
oword

hutch

« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2012, 03:19:05 pm »
Oh well, it was nice for a few minutes to think they'd changed their evil ways.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/09/21/chick_fil_a_winshape_foundation_chain_holds_fundraiser_for_marriage_and_family_foundation_.html

Why do I think you're glad to read and post this? Sort of like Romney when he hears that American embassies are being stormed or the jobs numbers ain't all that... why DO I get that feeling?

I 'll tell you why! BECAUSE IT IS SO.

but that is why I said would need to make sure and I have made sure...Chick fil a released some document yesterday which I skimmed through and I'm not satisfied.

having said that.. to say they are "evil" seems very exagerated to me... you can read up, if you wish, about all the good they do in the community.. I'm sure you won't.. when you get older and you been around the block you will realize life is a bit more complicated than black and white. Being against gay marriage doesn't mean they dont' give out millions in scholarships etc etc. Those are good things that they do. But of course any good they may do is inconvenient...

I will continue my boycott as much as it pains me until I am satisfied though..because I support gay marriage and it is an important issue to me.

You see when you were a twinkle in your mother's eye, because you must be very young, I was dealing with  my best friends being gay (and I say "dealing" because it WAS dealing.. ), having a gay roomate in college,  etc.

Relaxer

« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2012, 03:34:01 pm »
Woah you had a gay friend! WOW, WHAT A RAINBOW PIONEER. Let me guess, your father was black too, right?

You dumb turd, I'm a married man in my 40s raising two kids, but nice try and also a terrific example of how totally unperceptive you are.

And yes, I am happy to read this. Because the earlier announcement was a purely public relations move that in no way changed their attitudes, it merely demonstrated that they wanted to continue mounting that sweet ass of gay and gay-friendly money. The fact that their earlier PR statement made you "feel good" is why I think you're a loaf.
oword

hutch

« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2012, 03:37:20 pm »
Woah you had a gay friend! WOW, WHAT A RAINBOW PIONEER. Let me guess, your father was black too, right?

You dumb turd, I'm a married man in my 40s raising two kids, but nice try and also a terrific example of how totally unperceptive you are.

And yes, I am happy to read this. Because the earlier announcement was a purely public relations move that in no way changed their attitudes, it merely demonstrated that they wanted to continue mounting that sweet ass of gay and gay-friendly money. The fact that their earlier PR statement made you "feel good" is why I think you're a loaf.

Why? I Like their food! I want to be able to eat it! WHAT don't you get about it?

hutch

« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2012, 03:39:18 pm »

And you been punked btw! I had no idea if you were young or old.. how could I possibly know? the point was your thinking is so simplistic you come off as a kiddo, Mr 40+ year old.