Author Topic: For Walky  (Read 652253 times)

i am gay and i like cats

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: For Walky
« Reply #1051 on: April 21, 2015, 10:52:22 pm »
x-men update: iceman is fully gay

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/original-x-men-member-iceman-comes-out-full-gay210415

http://www.dorkly.com/post/73999/marvel-revealed-iceman-is-gay-and-it-makes-complete-sense

I always laugh my ass off at the silliness of things like this.  A fictional mythical non-human comic book creature and people get all giddy over the sexual orientation thereof.  This is almost as absurdly inane as the Harry Pothead thing.  I'm waiting for the day when people get excited about Tye (anyone know the reference, it goes WAY back) is announced as being gay.  That will be the do all to end all of this idiocy.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1052 on: April 22, 2015, 09:20:36 am »
humans are bored.  they need some,thing to entertain them.

« Reply #1053 on: April 22, 2015, 09:58:13 am »
I will say it does change the dialogue
When I was kid and read comics, it wasn't uncommon to openly ridicule homosexuality
for a kid to sees something like this that they can relate to it makes the conversation a little easier to have. 

Plus, it's a commercial enterprise first...they are loving the free press and are trying to move product

it is funny how this will play out in the collectors market in 50 years
the big deal was in the past...what was the first issue the Hulk/Venom appeared in

Now it's going to add value to have the issue a character came out  ;D
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1054 on: April 22, 2015, 10:12:44 am »
What if Iceman enter homosexual relationship with the fire guy from Fantastic Four? Subtle metaphor for neoconservatives culture war on LGBT community.
LVMH

« Reply #1055 on: April 22, 2015, 10:13:21 am »
What if Sinefeld still on TV? Jary get ipad.
LVMH

« Reply #1056 on: April 22, 2015, 10:24:13 am »
I always laugh my ass off at the silliness of things like this.  A fictional mythical non-human comic book creature and people get all giddy over the sexual orientation thereof.  This is almost as absurdly inane as the Harry Pothead thing.  I'm waiting for the day when people get excited about Tye (anyone know the reference, it goes WAY back) is announced as being gay.  That will be the do all to end all of this idiocy.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1057 on: April 22, 2015, 01:29:38 pm »

I do not get the reference at all...
FUKIT

« Reply #1058 on: April 22, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »
I think you're way overthinking it.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1059 on: April 22, 2015, 01:49:56 pm »

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/original-x-men-member-iceman-comes-out-full-gay210415

http://www.dorkly.com/post/73999/marvel-revealed-iceman-is-gay-and-it-makes-complete-sense

I always laugh my ass off at the predictability of conservatives who ask "why is being gay a big deal?  why can't they just be gay and be quiet about it?  why are they invading my bubble with their gay-ness?"  the irony is that by complaining about it, they're giving it more prominence... thus prompting more complaining.
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1060 on: April 22, 2015, 11:32:28 pm »

I always laugh my ass off at the predictability of conservatives who ask "why is being gay a big deal?  why can't they just be gay and be quiet about it?  why are they invading my bubble with their gay-ness?"  the irony is that by complaining about it, they're giving it more prominence... thus prompting more complaining.

For the record, I did not say anything about 'being gay' being a big deal.  I said it was absurd that an imaginary made up non-human comic book fictional character is identified as having any sexual preference.  I never said a things about 'just be quiet about it'.  As is quite common with liberals, I was misquoted and the facts of what I said were distorted in order to make an invalid point.  BTW no one yet has commented on who/what Tye is (no googling allowed) although the proper spelling would be Tige.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1061 on: April 22, 2015, 11:33:18 pm »

Probably, but then again I have no idea who that even is and I am (maybe wrongly so) assuming that it is someone who is supposedly famous.
FUKIT

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1062 on: April 22, 2015, 11:46:04 pm »

Probably, but then again I have no idea who that even is and I am (maybe wrongly so) assuming that it is someone who is supposedly famous.

SHE IS BACKHANDEDLY SAYING "OKAY".
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1063 on: April 23, 2015, 01:48:29 am »
For the record, I did not say anything about 'being gay' being a big deal. 

you are absolutely correct, you said no such thing.

i also said nothing about my comments being directed at you.

you made a general observation. so did i. 

but since we're now talking about you:

I said it was absurd that an imaginary made up non-human comic book fictional character is identified as having any sexual preference.

why is that absurd?  is it also absurd that a fictional character has a name, a back-story, a personality, be in relationships, do things, etc.?  why wouldn't their sexual orientation be part of the character?  perhaps you're not used to seeing sexual orientation being part of comics, and that's precisely why this is such a big deal.  something that has never really been part of a mainstream storyline now is.

BTW no one yet has commented on who/what Tye is (no googling allowed) although the proper spelling would be Tige.

i suspect it's because most people don't care about a character they've never heard of :-)  it would be like me dropping a hint about the great comedy troupe Rock et Belles Oreilles, then being surprised when no one jumped on the opportunity to wax lyrical about their comedic genius...
<sig>

« Reply #1064 on: April 23, 2015, 08:44:21 am »
Rock et Belles Oreilles,
I'm assuming this is French-Canadian for Red Green.
LVMH