Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477639 times)

K8teebug

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:48 am »
MLB is talking about doing away with the divisions and just putting the top records in the playoffs.  Everyone would play everyone.  Would make for an interesting season.  I want it to happen (but that's because the Orioles have to play the Yankees something like 19 times next year...it's insane)

Going to the game today with my "The Hunt for Orange October" sign.  Hope it brings luck!

James Ford

« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2012, 09:37:05 am »
I just counted 18, which is still absurd like you said. Yet only one weekend series at Camden (THREE at Yankee Stadium).

Need to keep winning today. I smell Tampa and the Angels hot on the O's tail feathers.

MLB is talking about doing away with the divisions and just putting the top records in the playoffs.  Everyone would play everyone.  Would make for an interesting season.  I want it to happen (but that's because the Orioles have to play the Yankees something like 19 times next year...it's insane)

Going to the game today with my "The Hunt for Orange October" sign.  Hope it brings luck!

hutch

« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2012, 09:48:17 am »
MLB is talking about doing away with the divisions and just putting the top records in the playoffs.  Everyone would play everyone. 

ha... I don't believe they will do this but it would be interesting as, if memory serves, it would restore baseball to the way it was organized for most of its history.. divisions are an anomaly actually...

shemptiness

« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2012, 10:01:20 am »

Where are you sitting?  Will look for you on the Mister Angelos Sports Network.

K8teebug

« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2012, 10:16:15 am »
Section 9.

shemptiness

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2012, 03:32:14 pm »
Wild Card and ALDS games are sold out.

James Ford

« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2012, 07:35:15 pm »
Good call James. More Steve Johnson, Buck.

Call me crazy, but I think Steve Johnson should be in the starting rotation.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2012, 09:08:35 pm »
What is it with MASN and the temp agency it uses to staff broadcasters for hO's games? Jesus Christ in a handbasket, while the Nats consistently go with Carpenter and Santangelo, MASN rotates Jim Hunter, Gary Thorne, Jim Palmer, Mike Bordick, Brady Anderson, Miguel Tejada and whoever they can find as day labor at the local 7-11. Not that cast of characters is any worse than Santangelo, but geez, the hO's will never have a "TV voice" like other franchises if they just keep temp agency carousel to staff games.

Any ideas as to why they do this? I just write it off as Angelos.

shemptiness

« Reply #308 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:54 pm »
What is it with MASN and the temp agency it uses to staff broadcasters for hO's games? Jesus Christ in a handbasket, while the Nats consistently go with Carpenter and Santangelo, MASN rotates Jim Hunter, Gary Thorne, Jim Palmer, Mike Bordick, Brady Anderson, Miguel Tejada and whoever they can find as day labor at the local 7-11. Not that cast of characters is any worse than Santangelo, but geez, the hO's will never have a "TV voice" like other franchises if they just keep temp agency carousel to staff games.

hO's?  Fuck off.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2012, 09:27:13 am »

Suicide?
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2012, 09:32:20 am »
Didn't they get rid of Jon Miller in the late 90s??

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2012, 09:33:29 am »
the Nats consistently go with Carpenter and Santangelo

...who are consistently awful.  Palmer is great but won't commit to the entire season.  After that...who cares?

K8teebug

« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2012, 09:51:14 am »
It's because Palmer only wanted to call 1/2 the season.  I agree that Bordick is REALLY boring, but the Nationals game callers are just horrendous.

Yes, the Orioles did get rid of John Miller.  So did ESPN.  No idea why either of them would as he rules.

hutch

« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2012, 10:08:05 am »
It's because Palmer only wanted to call 1/2 the season.  I agree that Bordick is REALLY boring, but the Nationals game callers are just horrendous.

Yes, the Orioles did get rid of John Miller.  So did ESPN.  No idea why either of them would as he rules.

Jon Miller is the best.

James Ford

« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2012, 10:57:55 am »
Do the players get to choose the theme music that is played when they come to bat? I once heard that they did.

My favorite theme music was when they played How Soon is Now? when BJ Surhoff came to bat. Do they play anything good as a player introduction song at Camden this year? I have only been once this year and all I heard was suckage.

I went to Nats Stadium yesterday and the best I heard were some Bob Marley selections when Kurt Suzuki came to bat. They played Zep's Dazed and Confused once for Jayson Werth. Not a personal favorite, but respectable. The rest was garbage.