Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477041 times)

K8teebug

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #510 on: October 11, 2012, 09:11:03 am »
Agreed.  They need to hit the ball.  i'm not blaming it on the pitching. 

atomicfront

« Reply #511 on: October 11, 2012, 09:32:52 am »
pitching wasn't the problem last night...hitting sure was

well if you have given up a blown save and a loss in the first 3 games of the series and have given up what 6 runs in less than 4 innings.  I think we can complain about your pitching.  Gonzalez and O'Day were stellar but JJ lost that game.  Just like he lost the first game.   With Strop not being able to be trusted and JJ totally choking the Orioles have no plan at all for closing games.   

hutch

« Reply #512 on: October 11, 2012, 09:51:51 am »
funny this is the same discussion we' re having on the nats thread.. pitching or hitting? who is to blame

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #513 on: October 11, 2012, 03:12:04 pm »
well if you have given up a blown save and a loss in the first 3 games of the series and have given up what 6 runs in less than 4 innings.  I think we can complain about your pitching.  Gonzalez and O'Day were stellar but JJ lost that game.  Just like he lost the first game.   With Strop not being able to be trusted and JJ totally choking the Orioles have no plan at all for closing games.   

Agreed. Doesn't excuse Adam Jones from being pretty awful.  Wieters and Hardy haven't hit, either.  A lot of blame to go aruond but JJ flat out lost the game last night.  Don't see him pitching at all tonight so we'll see what Buck does.   

shemptiness

« Reply #514 on: October 11, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »
Johnson only threw 22 pitches last night.  If the situation calls for it I'm sure Buck won't hesitate to use him.  Here's hoping they have a big enough lead and won't need to.

James Ford

« Reply #515 on: October 11, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »
If he does pitch, I predict one inning and he doesn't allow a run. You don't save 51 games and then fall apart every time you go out there.
Johnson only threw 22 pitches last night.  If the situation calls for it I'm sure Buck won't hesitate to use him.  Here's hoping they have a big enough lead and won't need to.

James Ford

« Reply #516 on: October 12, 2012, 12:10:36 am »
Told y'all so.

If he does pitch, I predict one inning and he doesn't allow a run. You don't save 51 games and then fall apart every time you go out there.

James Ford

« Reply #517 on: October 12, 2012, 10:12:11 am »
10,000+ tickets available on stubhub for tonight's game starting at $18.

stevewizzle

« Reply #518 on: October 12, 2012, 10:53:46 am »
Told y'all so.

How on earth did you predict a closer to pitch one inning and allow no runs?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #519 on: October 12, 2012, 10:59:58 am »
(o|o)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2012, 11:18:24 am »
man I'm too old for that shit last night

shemptiness

« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2012, 12:00:41 pm »
Hey Adam Jones - your alarm is going off - wake the hell up!

hutch

« Reply #522 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:35 pm »
Told y'all so.

I didn't think it was even possible?

James Ford

« Reply #523 on: October 12, 2012, 12:12:58 pm »
Sometimes you just have to defy the conventional "wisdom" and go with your gut.

Told y'all so.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #524 on: October 12, 2012, 12:44:27 pm »
Johns Hopkins are closing several of their offices early for the game....pretty awesome of them.  too bad my work isn't and i have about an hour drive before i'm back in the city

the city will be insane tonight if the o's win

i don't even..