Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477338 times)

K8teebug

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #645 on: April 02, 2013, 10:03:07 am »
HAPPY FIRST ORIOLES GAME EVERYONE!

It's the free game on mlbtv.com today!

atomicfront

« Reply #646 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:25 am »
WHy do they have all these games during the day? I won't be able to watch as I will be at work.

Getting back to the ravens game and the orioles bs.  They have a road game in tampa on thursday and they play a day game in baltimore on Friday.  The twins have game on thursday and have to fly in and play during the day Friday. The orioles excuses for not moving the game are total lies.

atomicfront

« Reply #647 on: April 02, 2013, 11:04:31 am »
I cannot stand Nick Swisher.

He was the rare Yankee that I actually liked.  Just a differenct breed than the rest of the team.

I guess it's too late to expect that any opening day tix will be available for the public.  No way I'm paying $110 for SRO tix.

I paid 15 dollars for opening day SRO tickets.  If I knew I could have gotten 110 dollars each for them I probably would have sold them.

K8teebug

« Reply #648 on: April 02, 2013, 11:14:39 am »
WHy do they have all these games during the day? I won't be able to watch as I will be at work.

Getting back to the ravens game and the orioles bs.  They have a road game in tampa on thursday and they play a day game in baltimore on Friday.  The twins have game on thursday and have to fly in and play during the day Friday. The orioles excuses for not moving the game are total lies.

They are playing the White Sox the day of the reported game.  The NFL wanted the Ravens to open on Thursday.  Both teams have night games that Wednesday and are then traveling.  If you're going to complain about it, at least get the teams straight.

And the NFL could have let the Ravens open at home on Sunday.  But they didn't.  Because they're bullies.  The "storied history" of opening the season on Thursday is not that old. 

atomicfront

« Reply #649 on: April 02, 2013, 11:20:09 am »

They are playing the White Sox the day of the reported game.  The NFL wanted the Ravens to open on Thursday.  Both teams have night games that Wednesday and are then traveling.  If you're going to complain about it, at least get the teams straight.

And the NFL could have let the Ravens open at home on Sunday.  But they didn't.  Because they're bullies.  The "storied history" of opening the season on Thursday is not that old. 

I am talking about what they are doing this week.  Playing game on Thursday on the road and then coming home on friday and playing during the day.  I have the teams right.   I am saying they are doing exactly what they say they can't do this week.  Angelos is full of shit.  He stopped it because he likes disappoint people.  That is what makes him happy.
As for the NFL their TV contract is up after this season so they need big ratings. 

K8teebug

« Reply #650 on: April 02, 2013, 11:55:01 am »

I am talking about what they are doing this week.  Playing game on Thursday on the road and then coming home on friday and playing during the day.  I have the teams right.   I am saying they are doing exactly what they say they can't do this week.  Angelos is full of shit.  He stopped it because he likes disappoint people.  That is what makes him happy.
As for the NFL their TV contract is up after this season so they need big ratings. 

They are opening on the road because the Orioles have to alternate opening at home now with the Nationals.  Next year, the Orioles will open at home and the Nationals will open on the road.

I don't see how this relates to what happened with the NFL and the Ravens.

K8teebug

« Reply #651 on: April 02, 2013, 11:57:11 am »
and doing that now when it's the beginning and doing it in September when you're tired are two different things.  They have a DAY game on Thursday.  They have a NIGHT game the night of September 4th.  Totally different.  Twins also have a DAY game Thursday.

K8teebug

« Reply #652 on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:16 am »
And he did not disappoint me by standing up to the NFL.  I don't think the Orioles should have to play tired to accommodate the Ravens who could just as easily have opened up their season on Sunday night or Wednesday.

atomicfront

« Reply #653 on: April 02, 2013, 12:45:45 pm »
and doing that now when it's the beginning and doing it in September when you're tired are two different things.  They have a DAY game on Thursday.  They have a NIGHT game the night of September 4th.  Totally different.  Twins also have a DAY game Thursday.

well if they can have day games on thursday in april they can have them in september. it is bs plain and simple.  Angelos doens't want to move the game because he is more important than the ravens.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #654 on: April 02, 2013, 01:00:55 pm »
not looking great weather wise for opening day at camden yards

K8teebug

« Reply #655 on: April 02, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »

well if they can have day games on thursday in april they can have them in september. it is bs plain and simple.  Angelos doens't want to move the game because he is more important than the ravens.

the Orioles are more important than the ravens to me too.  And I'm glad they didn't bully the Orioles.

vansmack

« Reply #656 on: April 02, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »
I am talking about what they are doing this week.  Playing game on Thursday on the road and then coming home on friday and playing during the day.   

Besides just only listening to only yourself, you struggle with the concept of Day and Night.

The games on Thursday of this week are day games starting at 3 and 4, not 7 PM.  That's why they can play a day game on Friday.

The games on Wednesday in September are night games starting at 7 PM, thus making a day game on Thursday impossible based on the current Collective Bargaining Agreement MLB has with it's players.

In order to accommodate the Ravens they would have had to reschedule 3 games.

The NFL knows this and gave up, so why don't you, as you clearly have no idea what you're talking about? 
27>34

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #657 on: April 02, 2013, 01:50:04 pm »

A shame it is looking that way.  Opening Day is such a crap-shoot as far as the weather goes.

K8teebug

« Reply #658 on: April 02, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

A shame it is looking that way.  Opening Day is such a crap-shoot as far as the weather goes.

Nope.  But it is looking good for Sunday.  Hoping it doesn't rain until later on Friday.

shemptiness

« Reply #659 on: April 02, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »
There's a company, Hamsterdam Clothing, that makes a really great Adam Jones shirt right now.

I'm sure most of you know about Protect This Yard as well. 

Very cool.  As only M was available my daughters will have to fight over it.