Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477023 times)

shemptiness

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #945 on: July 07, 2013, 02:35:38 pm »
To bring this back to the O's - do not let Chris Davis participate in the HR Derby.

You've been warned.

Davis isn't worried about the derby ruining his swing.
"I play Home Run Derby every day in BP," he said.

shemptiness

« Reply #946 on: July 07, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »
Man oh Manny!

vansmack

« Reply #947 on: July 08, 2013, 11:20:07 am »
Davis isn't worried about the derby ruining his swing.
"I play Home Run Derby every day in BP," he said.

He was due for a statistical regression anyway, but I'll just wait and let the facts prove the case, as it has done time and time again (with a few limited exceptions).
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #948 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03:47 pm »
Travis Ishikawa was claimed by the Yankees.

Hah that is great news for the Orioles. 

James Ford

« Reply #949 on: July 10, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »
The last time I was at Camden Yards at the end of may, I mentioned to my friend that the Orioles were without their best pitcher, Chen.

The couple in front of me turned about and looked at me like I was crazy, and started seriously arguing with me that Chen wasn't the best pitcher, Steve Johnson was their best pitcher.

You gotta love some of those Baltimore geniuses.

shemptiness

« Reply #950 on: July 10, 2013, 10:34:49 pm »
The last time I was at Camden Yards at the end of may, I mentioned to my friend that the Orioles were without their best pitcher, Chen.

The couple in front of me turned about and looked at me like I was crazy, and started seriously arguing with me that Chen wasn't the best pitcher, Steve Johnson was their best pitcher.

No, you're the genius.

atomicfront

« Reply #951 on: July 11, 2013, 09:48:03 am »

It might have been his parents or other relatives.  Steve Johnson is from Baltimore area.  I can't imagine anyone else thinking that but I am sure you were obnoxious as usual.  More than likely you said all the other Orioles pitchers suck or something similar.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:49:53 am by atomicfront »

James Ford

« Reply #952 on: July 11, 2013, 10:06:59 am »
Relatives was my first though.

What I said was "The O's just suffered a tough blow the other day. They lost their best pitcher."

The (seemingly drunk, 30-ish) women turned around and asked "Who is there best pitcher?"

I replied "Chen".

She started laughing and said "What are you talking about, Chen isn't their best pitcher, Steve Johnson is their best pitcher."

Her husband returns to his seat with a couple of fresh crap beers and she says, "Hey hon, this guy thinks Chen is the O's best pitcher." Then he started laughing too.

It might have been his parents or other relatives.  Steve Johnson is from Baltimore area.  I can't imagine anyone else thinking that but I am sure you were obnoxious as usual.  More than likely you said all the other Orioles pitchers suck or something similar.

shemptiness

« Reply #953 on: July 11, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »
Eh, maybe they were from Dundalk.  Or Essex.

Oh, and this Gonzalez guy seems pretty good too.

hutch

« Reply #954 on: July 14, 2013, 09:54:33 pm »
went to the O's game today... only stayed a few innings (what with the kids, the heat and all)... but I got to hand it to Camden Yards - not that its my first time but it was my first time with the kids- they really do put on a good family friendly product... the ushers and staff are helpful.. very nice and real folk... they let us get in the wrong gate if you will because it was shorter, they kept mentioning the certificate for the kids for their first O's game, the ushers in the elevators were super friendly...

like i said its not a surprise as I've been to plenty of games in Baltimore and i like the town and its people but its quite a contrast with DC... not to mention the places around the ballpark... natty boh and a crabcake for $6??? good luck finding anything like that in DC.. everywhere around the ballpark there are nice looking regular bars- not lounges or places that opened last week- with reasonable beer specials.. the vendors outside the ballpark selling hot dogs or smokes for $1...

anyone ever been to the Babe Ruth Museum? I've been meaning to go for like 10 years now..I keep worrying one day I'll go to a game there and it won't be there..

K8teebug

« Reply #955 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:35 am »
 And that is why Baltimore is the best home town a girl could ever want!

We took my friends and their two kids (8 and 5) on Friday night and had the best time.  They were mesmerized by the game, stayed the whole time, and played at the playground after the game. 

I love Camden Yards and think it's the best stadium in baseball.

There are other places that come close (Wrigley, PNC), but Camden is still my home away from home.

And YAY!  FIVE allstars in the game this week!

Go Crush Davis!

James Ford

« Reply #956 on: July 15, 2013, 10:32:05 am »
I'm an Orioles fan, but as a NoVA resident, I'm now in the camp of preferring Nationals Stadium. Here's why:

1. I can routinely get $36 mezzanine tickets at Nats Stadium for $10-$12 on stubhub. Good seats, and they're in the shade. Where do I find Orioles tickets at a third of face value? Or even any tickets under face value?

2. Nats Stadium has a children's playground, IN THE STADIUM. Camden Yards does not.

3. I can park for free within a mile of Nats Stadium on a Sunday. After a 20 minute drive from my house. Or I can take Metro.

4. Ommegang Hennepin is the best beer sold at either stadium, and it's at Nats Stadium, not Camden Yards (ok, it is $10, but since I got my $36 seat for $12, I can still afford to get one).

Too bad the Orioles are the  better and much more likeable team.

hutch

« Reply #957 on: July 15, 2013, 10:43:34 am »
I'm an Orioles fan, but as a NoVA resident, I'm now in the camp of preferring Nationals Stadium. Here's why:

1. I can routinely get $36 mezzanine tickets at Nats Stadium for $10-$12 on stubhub. Good seats, and they're in the shade. Where do I find Orioles tickets at a third of face value? Or even any tickets under face value?

2. Nats Stadium has a children's playground, IN THE STADIUM. Camden Yards does not.

3. I can park for free within a mile of Nats Stadium on a Sunday. After a 20 minute drive from my house. Or I can take Metro.

4. Ommegang Hennepin is the best beer sold at either stadium, and it's at Nats Stadium, not Camden Yards (ok, it is $10, but since I got my $36 seat for $12, I can still afford to get one).

well i wasn't going to bring it up...but..

our seats at Camden were awful.. just awful.. section 69... given to us as part of an event so can't be too sad but we were there with two kids 3 and under so we got only 2 seats.. can you imagine? two seats ..for four people... in that heat..also way in so tough to get in and out.. and everytime people came through.. stand up while holding the two ids... in the back corner where you can't see anything and everytime anything happened the sound would just be so loud....

next time i'll get my own seats.. i guess i just assumed our seats would be decent but that corner was pretty awful..can't think of any seats that bad at Nats stadium.. and a 3 year old should get his own seat i think..

atomicfront

« Reply #958 on: July 15, 2013, 11:01:06 am »

I went on the Metro to the Nationals stadium and it was the worst mistake ever.  Took me an hour just to get on a subway car after the concert.  I swore off the Metro 10 years ago and I let it have another chance.    Looked around neighboorhood and it appears that they only have two bars both of which were at capacity.

What is up with the area right outside the club level.  At Camden Yards that entire level is club.  However at Nationals a lot of it is just plain concrete floor, exposed pipes and duct work and cinderblock walls.  It looked like a old school basement like something out of Friday the 13th.

As for beer on the club level all they had was Samuel Adams, Blue Moon, and the like.  At Camden Yards they have 4 varieties of Goose Island, a Flying Dog and a Fordham along with the usual stuff.

I was at the bar at the club level on Friday night and it was backed and this older guy is there and he orders two Merlots the bartender gives them to him and he gets snooty with her and says he needs cups as you aren't supposed to drink Merlot out of the bottle.  And then he gives her exact change.  I said "You are quite the big spender".  he reminded me of you James Ford.  

My season tickets are 32 bucks at Camden Yards but I am in lower box right near first base.  I think that is a fair price.  I got club levels outfield for 25 bucks the other night and then moved to the 60 dollar club seats  at Camden Yards.  

atomicfront

« Reply #959 on: July 15, 2013, 11:03:50 am »

well i wasn't going to bring it up...but..

our seats at Camden were awful.. just awful.. section 69... given to us as part of an event so can't be too sad but we were there with two kids 3 and under so we got only 2 seats.. can you imagine? two seats ..for four people... in that heat..also way in so tough to get in and out.. and everytime people came through.. stand up while holding the two ids... in the back corner where you can't see anything and everytime anything happened the sound would just be so loud....

next time i'll get my own seats.. i guess i just assumed our seats would be decent but that corner was pretty awful..can't think of any seats that bad at Nats stadium.. and a 3 year old should get his own seat i think..

I can imagine section 69 being awful.  I never sit in the overhang section. I  think you probably had just about the worst seats in the stadium.  Well 73 might be worse.  Section 14 is awesome and that is where my tickets are located.