Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477065 times)

hutch

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #960 on: July 15, 2013, 11:04:51 am »
From what I remember the beer selection at Camden is way better than Nats...doesn't mean the "best" beer might not be at Nats Stadium..its all personal preference

Everything is less of a hassle at Camden... people are more polite... and the list goes on

and yeah, Nats Stadium is ugly and you'd have thought with what they spent they could have made it nicer..

I think the one thing Nats Stadium has going is that the seats all have a fairly good view of the action..

hutch

« Reply #961 on: July 15, 2013, 11:08:02 am »

I can imagine section 69 being awful.  I never sit in the overhang section. I  think you probably had just about the worst seats in the stadium.  Well 73 might be worse.  Section 14 is awesome and that is where my tickets are located. 

yeah they looked like the worst possible.. and we were way up in the corner...it was ridiculous.. i took one look at them and said "this ain't going to work.." and the day was so hot that with an infant you couldn't be in the sun either...

my good friend used to have 3 seats right straight behind home plate about 20 rows up i want to say.. saw so many games from there... just awesome.. got a bit spoilt i suppose.. unfortunately he had to give those seats up...they were just gold...

in a way they were sort of the equivalent of the Nats Lexus seats.. which i think go for $300.. i think my friend's seats couldn't have been more than $50 apiece and this was only about 3 years ago...

atomicfront

« Reply #962 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

I can imagine section 69 being awful.  I never sit in the overhang section. I  think you probably had just about the worst seats in the stadium.  Well 73 might be worse.  Section 14 is awesome and that is where my tickets are located. 

yeah they looked like the worst possible.. and we were way up in the corner...it was ridiculous.. i took one look at them and said "this ain't going to work.." and the day was so hot that with an infant you couldn't be in the sun either...

my good friend used to have 3 seats right straight behind home plate about 20 rows up i want to say.. saw so many games from there... just awesome.. got a bit spoilt i suppose.. unfortunately he had to give those seats up...they were just gold...

in a way they were sort of the equivalent of the Nats Lexus seats.. which i think go for $300.. i think my friend's seats couldn't have been more than $50 apiece and this was only about 3 years ago...

Most expensive tickets even for a 13 game plan at Camden Yards are 48 dollars.  I think that has to be quite a deal compared to just about any other professional team in the area.  They haven't raised the price on Orioles tickets in the last 5 years. 

Saturday was terribly hot as well.  And we got their at 1:30 as we wanted to be at Buck and Dan Duquettes Q & A.  I didn't even feel like drinking beer in that heat.  I went to Dempsey's Place for an inning a half to cool down. Day games in July are not fun.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:14:40 am by atomicfront »

vansmack

« Reply #963 on: July 15, 2013, 11:50:28 am »
Chris Davis has more HR's at the All Star Break that any Royal has had in a season.  Ever.
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #964 on: July 15, 2013, 11:54:13 am »
If you sit in terrace box, it's best to sit in the first 4 rows.  We were in 9 in the 10th row on Friday and it was still a good seat. 

My favorite seats are in the upper reserve behind home plate. 

atomicfront

« Reply #965 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:48 pm »
If you sit in terrace box, it's best to sit in the first 4 rows.  We were in 9 in the 10th row on Friday and it was still a good seat. 

I would say upper reserve behind home plate are the best value seats.  I don't like the terrace box.  I feel like I am inside.  I think what I like most about being at a baseball game is being outside drinking beer.  However, my opinion of terrace box changes dramatically if it is raining hard.  I got club level on Thursday just because of the threat of rain. If you are fifth row or further back you won't get wet. 

shemptiness

« Reply #966 on: July 15, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »

25th year for me with a mini plan - upper box behind the plate 3rd row.  A bargain at $20.

hutch

« Reply #967 on: July 15, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

25th year for me with a mini plan - upper box behind the plate 3rd row.  A bargain at $20.

25th year!? wow. congrats.

the O's are a great value...

atomicfront

« Reply #968 on: July 15, 2013, 12:28:23 pm »

Yeah 20 dollars for those is awesome.  I am thinking of doing the 29 game plan next year.  You get the opening day tickets and you can get the autographs at the season ticket holder day.  Figure I can sell games I don't want to go to.  13 game plan is pretty amazing as you get cheap price and you can exchange tickets  for other games.  

hutch

« Reply #969 on: July 15, 2013, 12:29:34 pm »
ok who was there for the game where cal ripken beat gehrigs record for most consecutive games.. i saw part of that on tv... that was a big one..

i was always sad that i only saw ripken when he was kinda over the hill.. i only moved to dc in 1995

K8teebug

« Reply #970 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:54 pm »
I wasn't there, but my Aunt and Uncle were.  They went to all the biggies, world series, last day at memorial, first day at camden, 2131.

My Uncle is the biggest Orioles fan ever.  No one beats him.  He wanted to name my cousin Brooks.  He has a den with so much Orioles things!  Even has a contract.

I was lucky that I grew up about 5 minutes from Memorial Stadium.  Some of my favorite memories of childhood are baseball games.

K8teebug

« Reply #971 on: July 15, 2013, 12:37:32 pm »
Was also lucky that I grew up with Eddie and Cal  :D

I remember in 1983 sitting on my Nana's back porch, waiting for everyone to get back from the world series, and being pissed I couldn't be there since I was 8.  They brought me back a hat from the game.  I still have it.

And when I had surgery as a young kid on my ear, my mom brought me a stuffed Oriole bird for being such a good patient...

It's a little weird how so many things revolve around the O's with me.

Including vacations...this year we're heading to Cleveland to see that Orioles series.

shemptiness

« Reply #972 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:19 pm »
ok who was there for the game where cal ripken beat gehrigs record for most consecutive games.. i saw part of that on tv... that was a big one..

i was always sad that i only saw ripken when he was kinda over the hill.. i only moved to dc in 1995

I was there for the record-tying game.  We stayed in a hotel in town.  Leaving the hotel the next day we rode the elevator with a Budweiser rep who chatted us up about Cal.  We told him we didn't have tickets for the 2131 game.  He told us to meet him in the lobby a little later.  He showed up with standing room tix apologizing that that was the best he could do.  Walked over to Harborplace and forced down a Bud as a tribute to our friend.

hutch

« Reply #973 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:05 pm »

I was there for the record-tying game.  We stayed in a hotel in town.  Leaving the hotel the next day we rode the elevator with a Budweiser rep who chatted us up about Cal.  We told him we didn't have tickets for the 2131 game.  He told us to meet him in the lobby a little later.  He showed up with standing room tix apologizing that that was the best he could do.  Walked over to Harborplace and forced down a Bud as a tribute to our friend.

wow..cool story..

atomicfront

« Reply #974 on: July 15, 2013, 03:14:28 pm »
For every home run Chris Davis hits in the home run derby ticket prices for select games will go down a dollar.  Just think if he hits 60 you can have the best seat in the house for free:

http://mlb.mlb.com/bal/ticketing/home_run_derby.jsp?partnerId=as_mlb_20130715_9810774