Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 477046 times)

shemptiness

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #990 on: July 20, 2013, 06:23:07 am »
Yoesnis Cespidis not in the lineup tonight. Out with a "strained wrist"...hooray for the Home Run Derby!

Chris Davis looked pretty lost at the plate last night.  Only one game, but.....

vansmack

« Reply #991 on: July 24, 2013, 11:58:51 am »
K-Rod's propensity for fly balls these days could spell trouble in Camden, but the O's had to do something and if nothing else his experience can help your young pen.

Keith Law thought you gave up too much: The main reason I dislike the move for Baltimore is that giving up a prospect of some value for 20 innings of a middle reliever is poor asset management. Delmonico isn't an elite prospect, but he has a little value because he can hit, has great makeup, and has been familiar in scouting circles since he was a sophomore in high school. 
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #992 on: July 24, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »
K-Rod's propensity for fly balls these days could spell trouble in Camden, but the O's had to do something and if nothing else his experience can help your young pen.

Keith Law thought you gave up too much: The main reason I dislike the move for Baltimore is that giving up a prospect of some value for 20 innings of a middle reliever is poor asset management. Delmonico isn't an elite prospect, but he has a little value because he can hit, has great makeup, and has been familiar in scouting circles since he was a sophomore in high school. 

6th round pick who is injured all the time.  Hitting to a low average in A ball at age 21.  Can't field a lick.  Oh yeah we gave up way too much. 

shemptiness

« Reply #993 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:28 pm »
Not that you'd know this, but he's delicious grilled.  Medium rare please.

vansmack

« Reply #994 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:46 pm »
6th round pick who is injured all the time.  Hitting to a low average in A ball at age 21.  Can't field a lick.  Oh yeah we gave up way too much. 

I think his point was 6 years of control of a prospect that has a chance to replace Hardy on the right side (move Macheda to short and have him play third) versus two months of a 31 year old who's best days are behind him, but take it up with Keith Law as I don't know enough about the prospect.

As I watch Jean Segura and Patrick Corbin in the bigs this season, I can see his point.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #995 on: July 24, 2013, 01:14:09 pm »
Initially Duquette said no to giving up Delmonico.  Boras apparently convinced him that other teams were interested, including Boston and Detroit.  You gotta give up something to get something.  I'm not a fan of rentals per se, but if it helps them get into the playoffs this year I'll take it.

atomicfront

« Reply #996 on: July 24, 2013, 01:16:15 pm »

I think his point was 6 years of control of a prospect that has a chance to replace Hardy on the right side (move Macheda to short and have him play third) versus two months of a 31 year old who's best days are behind him, but take it up with Keith Law as I don't know enough about the prospect.

As I watch Jean Segura and Patrick Corbin in the bigs this season, I can see his point.

Well if a guy is past his prime a half of season of his contract is better than a multiple year contract anyway.  From what I hear the guys salary is next to nothing and he has been lights out this season.  I am guessing if Orioles management was high on him he wouldn't have been traded.  Reports state that the Cubs wanted Schoop and Eduardo Rodriguez for Garza and the O's turned the Cubs down.  So the O's aren't just trading their top prospects for rentals.  

I don't know how Delmonico could replace Hardy as he projects to be a DH or First Baseman.
Also, the Orioles have Christian Walker who also projects to be a first basemen and the O's rate him a lot higher than Schoop.  

shemptiness

« Reply #997 on: July 26, 2013, 11:34:08 am »
Guess who has zero homers since the HR Derby......

James Ford

« Reply #998 on: July 26, 2013, 11:46:02 am »
Brian Roberts. Even the steroids aren't helping.

vansmack

« Reply #999 on: July 26, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »

Yoenis Cespedes
Chris Davis
Michael Cuddyer
And Robinson Cano
27>34

K8teebug

« Reply #1000 on: July 29, 2013, 11:19:49 am »
Anyone else running the Casey Cares 5K this Saturday?  Home plate finish photo and it ends in the outfield!!!!

vansmack

« Reply #1001 on: July 29, 2013, 11:48:01 am »

Yoenis Cespedes
Chris Davis
Michael Cuddyer
And Robinson Cano
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:32:06 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1002 on: July 30, 2013, 01:32:16 pm »

Yoenis Cespedes
Chris Davis
Michael Cuddyer
And Robinson Cano
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #1003 on: July 30, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »
Brian Roberts. Even the steroids aren't helping.

Brian has a higher OPS than Mark Reynolds. 

James Ford

« Reply #1004 on: July 30, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »
CAno

Yoenis Cespedes
Chris Davis
Michael Cuddyer
And Robinson Cano