Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1219039 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2715 on: January 15, 2014, 09:18:23 pm »
how odd . . . spotify all of a sudden is doing weird things.  certain albums will play on the computer, but not on the android app.  they will play, but play with no sound. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2716 on: January 15, 2014, 09:19:07 pm »
how odd . . . spotify all of a sudden is doing weird things.  certain albums will play on the computer, but not on the android app.  they will play, but play with no sound. 

Walky did you go to drag race?  If so how about a report?
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2717 on: January 16, 2014, 01:27:19 am »
Wow to think I thought Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson were the two biggest racists on the planet.  This guy wins hands down.  The whole debate of legalizing pot to any degree is irrelevant to the racists reasoning he used to cast his vote...  (Personally though I could not care less who smokes what.)

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-d-c-panel-weighs-decriminalizing-marijuana-120117751.html

"Eight times more blacks than non-blacks in Washington are arrested for pot possession, and committee Chairman Tommy Wells said the measure's goal was fairness and reducing law enforcement costs.

'This is a social justice bill that addresses disproportionate impact,' said Wells, who is among nine candidates for mayor."

So according to him, since blacks break a certain law at a rate eight times that of non-blacks, the law needs to be repealed because of the "disproportionate impact" of the law.  By his logic rape should be decriminalized since far more men are arrested for rape and their is a disproportionate impact against men.  Did the people who live in DC actually vote this douche bag into office?  (Yes I did intentionally leave out the part of the article that states his political affiliation as it is irrelevant.)
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2718 on: January 16, 2014, 10:10:02 am »

Walky did you go to drag race?  If so how about a report?

no i did not.  my partner and i hemmed and hawed about it all last week, bitching about how everytime we get tickets for something, it snows and we cant go . . . but what it really came down to, was that, i work way too much and by the time i got done on the day of show it was about eight at night.  plus it sold out the day of.  it is a shame, because i would of loved to have seen my drag goddess, manilla luzon . . . and the "busty blonde seth."

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2719 on: January 16, 2014, 10:12:01 am »
So according to him, since blacks break a certain law at a rate eight times that of non-blacks, the law needs to be repealed because of the "disproportionate impact" of the law.  By his logic rape should be decriminalized since far more men are arrested for rape and their is a disproportionate impact against men.  Did the people who live in DC actually vote this douche bag into office? 
I think the part you're maybe not getting is that there has been extensive studies on the issue and they all agree the percentages of Caucasians and African-Americans that smoke marijuana are virtually the same.

Regardless, I agree with you in the limited view that the disproportionate rate of prosecutions of a certain ethnicity is not a reason to decriminalize something. The fact that the illegal act offers no particular harm to society (especially compared to alcohol or cigarettes which are legal, albeit regulated) and that over 50% of Americans think people should not be arrested for it, is a good reason to decriminalize/legalize pot. And I say this as someone who has never smoked marijuana and would not do so if it was legal.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2720 on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:18 am »
the only people who think that there is nothing wrong with smoking pot . . . are poeple who smoke pot.  hack, hack . . . cough, cough . . . wheeze, wheeze . . . lung/throat/nasal cancer, lung/throat/nasal cancer.

« Reply #2721 on: January 16, 2014, 10:16:26 am »
the only people who think that there is nothing wrong with smoking pot . . . are poeple who smoke pot.  hack, hack . . . cough, cough . . . wheeze, wheeze . . . lung/throat/nasal cancer, lung/throat/nasal cancer.
Great, when are we criminalizing regular cigarettes? And alcohol? And trans-fats? And non-vegetarian diets?
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2722 on: January 16, 2014, 10:17:29 am »
jesus . . . i wish.  cigarettes, i mean.  my favorite pasttime in the world, is telling people to their face, after they have had a cigarette, "man, you fucking stink!"

« Reply #2723 on: January 16, 2014, 10:17:45 am »
jesus . . . i wish.  my favorite pasttime in the world, is telling people to their face, after they have had a cigarette, "man, you fucking stink!"
Again, we will get along famously.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #2724 on: January 16, 2014, 10:18:55 am »
Are you trying to say that blacks smoke pot at the rate of eight times that of whites? God, you're a fucking retard.

The point is that blacks are arrested at a rate of eight times that of whites for something that they likely do at the same rate.

Wow to think I thought Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson were the two biggest racists on the planet.  This guy wins hands down.  The whole debate of legalizing pot to any degree is irrelevant to the racists reasoning he used to cast his vote...  (Personally though I could not care less who smokes what.)

http://news.yahoo.com/washington-d-c-panel-weighs-decriminalizing-marijuana-120117751.html

"Eight times more blacks than non-blacks in Washington are arrested for pot possession, and committee Chairman Tommy Wells said the measure's goal was fairness and reducing law enforcement costs.

'This is a social justice bill that addresses disproportionate impact,' said Wells, who is among nine candidates for mayor."

So according to him, since blacks break a certain law at a rate eight times that of non-blacks, the law needs to be repealed because of the "disproportionate impact" of the law.  By his logic rape should be decriminalized since far more men are arrested for rape and their is a disproportionate impact against men.  Did the people who live in DC actually vote this douche bag into office?  (Yes I did intentionally leave out the part of the article that states his political affiliation as it is irrelevant.)

James Ford

« Reply #2725 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:33 am »
Since when do you need tickets to the Drag Race? Isn't it still held on 17th Street, free of charge?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2726 on: January 16, 2014, 10:23:06 am »
i demand high class drag.  oh no he didnt . . . gurl.

atomic

« Reply #2727 on: January 16, 2014, 11:03:15 am »

You know smoking pot doesn't lead to all these cancers, right?  That is smoking tobacco you are thinking about.  When you smoke tobacco it coats and protects cancer cells and them to grow unchecked from your immune system.  Marijuana does not do this.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2728 on: January 16, 2014, 11:35:23 am »
smoke . . . is smoke, in my book.

atomic

« Reply #2729 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:56 am »
smoke . . . is smoke, in my book.

Well your book is wrong.