Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167971 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »
I thought there was a limit on how much individuals could contribute to politicians...  When John what's his face gave $1M to Bammy I thought it was bad, but this is just plain horrible.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-adelson-giving-10-million-aid-gop-000827338.html

FUKIT

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »
Citizens United undid the last 20 years of campaign finance reform. You can thank your fellow cavemen for it, too.

I thought there was a limit on how much individuals could contribute to politicians...  When John what's his face gave $1M to Bammy I thought it was bad, but this is just plain horrible.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-adelson-giving-10-million-aid-gop-000827338.html

احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 10:04:40 pm »
i wonder how pauly shore did?  it really shocked me to see that he was touring again.  he had his moment, now not being the time, in my opinion.  like someone that belongs on a bad reality show by now, but maybe he is really funny in the big ole 2012.  comedians are weird that way.  i would hate to have their life.

damn you beets . . . now i want to post in your thread, instead of my own.

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 10:45:17 pm »
I think it did awfully.
Duffy's tweeted soon before the late show that they had free tickets for the taking. A friend did text me saying he was funny at the early show though.

Back to the campaign finance thing: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/06/history-money-american-elections
احمد

James Ford

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 09:25:21 am »
Pauly Shore at 9:30 and Bo Bice at Iota. Banner weekend for DC shows.

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 09:30:02 am »
I'm pondering whether to run the Baltimore Marathon, which would necessitate skipping the Jens Lekman show the night before. I did already see Jens with full band at smaller venue for half the price, and no new material since that time.

Alternatively, I could run the Richmond Marathon in November, but maybe that's not a good idea. If I were to require some medical attention, some redneck Virginia ratbastard might mistake me for someone uninsured and get out his shotgun and shoot me dead.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 11:44:08 am »
"I Know What Love Isn't". Out on September 4th

I'm pondering whether to run the Baltimore Marathon, which would necessitate skipping the Jens Lekman show the night before. I did already see Jens with full band at smaller venue for half the price, and no new material since that time.

Alternatively, I could run the Richmond Marathon in November, but maybe that's not a good idea. If I were to require some medical attention, some redneck Virginia ratbastard might mistake me for someone uninsured and get out his shotgun and shoot me dead.
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 11:56:54 am »
Jens becomes less impressive each time I see him.
احمد

azaghal1981

احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 04:10:25 pm »

agreed, but he has potential... maybe he's due for a "turnaround" show.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 06:31:57 pm »
Maybe. Too bad he's up against Swans.

agreed, but he has potential... maybe he's due for a "turnaround" show.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 10:27:58 am »
i wonder how my fellow forumers fared in friday's storm?  out here in the valley, we had what was called a "derecho" and it sounded like a freight train tornado coming right at us as i watched lightning on our back deck.  totally panicked, grabbed the cat and ran for the basement.  damage out here was insane, and power is out almost everywhere.  hope all are safe . . . for we might get it again today.

Still no power.  Trees from neigbors house accross alley fell into girlfriends yard.  I have a chain saw so i started cutting it up around 8 AM saturday morning.  A ton of people come buy asking me if I and when I  was going to cut the piece blocking the alley.  I say if I can I will.  Then some guy actually trys to lift it up while I am cutting it.  People are annoying.   I mean it wasn't responsibility to cut the tree section in the alley.  And secondly if they are in such a hurry to get it cut go to the hardware store and buy a chain saw.  Right before I finished a guy as idling in  his car in front of the tree waiting for me to move it. 

Anyway trying to sleep in 100 degree weather isn't very much fun.  Luckily we have a second house and gave up on the power being fixed and went there.  I have moved almost all the furniture so i just slept on the floor.  But on the floor with AC beats sleeping in a bed without AC.

killsaly

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 10:34:46 am »
Thank goodness mine was only out from 11PM Friday to 8AM on Sunday.  Saturday was miserable, especially trying to sleep.  At least it wasnt as bad as last years hurricane, where my power was out for 5 days.  Frakin' BGE...

jrho

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 11:17:48 am »
My power's still out with no ETA on when we might get service, so Dominion can go diaf. I was actually excited to go to work this morning because work has a/c and internet.

hutch

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:29 am »
still no power.. and it seems like we are a small pocket that is affected so not optimstic...