Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167999 times)

James Ford

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 11:36:32 am »
By the time any of us hear the album, the show iwll probably be sold out.

"I Know What Love Isn't". Out on September 4th

I'm pondering whether to run the Baltimore Marathon, which would necessitate skipping the Jens Lekman show the night before. I did already see Jens with full band at smaller venue for half the price, and no new material since that time.

Alternatively, I could run the Richmond Marathon in November, but maybe that's not a good idea. If I were to require some medical attention, some redneck Virginia ratbastard might mistake me for someone uninsured and get out his shotgun and shoot me dead.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:46 am »
we were incredibly lucky.  we lost power for about 20-30 minutes during the storm, then lost it again for about 20 minutes yeterday (sunday) afternoon.  otherwise the lights have been on.  counting our lucky stars.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 11:58:01 am »
34 hours without power. Two people killed within a mile of my house. Unfortunately for you guys, I survived.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:43 pm »
My power came on finally this morning after I left for work.  All in all not too bad of a weekend.  Kids were troopers throughout.  Wife was out of town so she was spared.

Lots of houses in my neighborhood damaged severely by huge fallen trees.  We are lucky.  Cant wait to return home to AC.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 02:23:46 pm »
I was without power for about 18 hours.  Thanks to my hard work and the personal responsibility I took in making a wise decision, I own a generator.  I have been running with power the whole time.  And to think I didn't even need Bammy to pass a law requiring everyone to buy a generator or a program for the gummint to give me a "free" one!
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 02:32:18 pm »
I was without power for about 18 hours.  Thanks to my hard work and the personal responsibility I took in making a wise decision, I own a generator.  I have been running with power the whole time.  And to think I didn't even need Bammy to pass a law requiring everyone to buy a generator or a program for the gummint to give me a "free" one!
are you sayin those that don't own a generator are not responsible?

you really take the cake... at at time when people are strugglin and dying you come in with your gloating i'm responsible you're not baloney over a natural disaster? turning it into an anti-Obama screed?.. there's been some real assholes on this site but you are numero 1 you fucking LUMP OF SHIT.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 02:38:50 pm by hutch »

chaz

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »
Same for those people in Colorado.  I've got NO pity for those folks that did not buy a fire bubble for their house like my Uncle Frank did. 

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »
Power came back about an hour ago.  woohoo!

K8teebug

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 04:04:03 pm »
I'm pondering whether to run the Baltimore Marathon, which would necessitate skipping the Jens Lekman show the night before. I did already see Jens with full band at smaller venue for half the price, and no new material since that time.

Alternatively, I could run the Richmond Marathon in November, but maybe that's not a good idea. If I were to require some medical attention, some redneck Virginia ratbastard might mistake me for someone uninsured and get out his shotgun and shoot me dead.

The Baltimore 1/2 was really fun last year.  I am running the full this year.  It's hilly.

atomicfront

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

This whole survival of the fitness thing you got going is pretty cool.  So maybe I should just steal your generator.  After all we don't need no laws protecting your property from others.  I might have been wise enough to buy a baseball bat and use it to disable you from preventing me from taking your generator and you have health care coverage so I won't feel too bad about your concussion.   And then I could post on here if you want electricity you should have been resposible enough to buy a baseball bat. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:59 pm »
I lost my power for about 6 hrs on Friday night. Can't complain that much.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 07:25:34 pm »
i lost . . . my virginity once when the power went out all night.  god i remember it just like it was yesterday.  best four hours in a bed, ever.

Relaxer

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 03:28:40 pm »
Is there any band where each one of its members wrote hit songs?
other than Queen, I mean.

Freddie - Boho Rhapsody
Brian - We Will Rock You
Roger - Radio Gaga
John - Another One Bites the Dust

I can't think of one, and remember that Ringo didn't really write any hits
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 03:35:26 pm »
"Yellow Submarine" was pretty big. Didn't he write that?

Edit: I guess not.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:37:32 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

chaz

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »
Hall AND Oats.