Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168162 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2012, 11:15:00 pm »
1. Obama has rocked it as President: 1) killed OBL 2) Passed health care  both HUGE.
2. There is NO precedent for people running for office having to provide transcripts.. none at all. I'm sorry but you're just barking up the wrong tree here. AND nobody cares.. i mean maybe you and a couple of loons do care but nobody cares that you care. dig?

Obama has put up record deficits.  The health care law will probably get repealed after the election and is a watered down law.  Also he has done nothing for the mortgage problems.  In case you don't know we are the ones getting stuck paying for the failed mortgages via fannie mae etc.  He is way too conservative.
Look how much the cost of college has gone up since he became president.  All these kids are getting stuck with huge student loans.  He is spending all this  money enforcing the failed drug laws.  He hasn't done anything for the environment. 

I think of him and GW's as pretty  much equal.  And why don't you care that you elected a failure for president?  A guy who couldn't cut it in college.  I think to be president you should be at the top of your class and have had a successful career.  

No way I am voting for him.  The only reason I am voting at all is because I want the gay marriage law to stay on teh books.

you're a lunatic.. the same guy who says teachers are overpaid.. i'm done with you.. I simply don't have the time or desire to debate with loons. Go over to redstate.org or something...

unless you live in Virginia your vote matters not a whit. I do live in Virginia and we'll be voting for President Obama.

I am a loon because you don't want to debate records.  You do realize that obams is banrupting the country.  No different than GW.  Pro war just like GW.  Pro illegal alien just like GW.  Pro big business like GW.  War on Drugs like GW. 

Very different.. deficit spending in a recession almost depression environment is fine with me.. what is NOT fine with me is deficit spending during an economic expansion which is what Bush did.. moreover, if it weren't for Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy which the Republicans refuse to allow to expire then the deficit spending under President Obama would be far far less.. Pro war??? News flash : we're getting out of two wars! Finally, there is a difference in killing Osama Bin Laden and not killing him. Go ask Osama.

You're simply confusing the issues and positions to draw a convenient conclusion but its ludicrous to say they are the same.  One guy, Bush, created the problems with excessive spending/tax cuts for wealthy/fictitious wars out the wazoo.. the other guy is trying to get past all that crap... and, actually, given the context, doing a fairly good job.

And I'm all in favor of cutting government spending but not in a recession. That is lunacy. I mean "Hey, there isn't enough spending out there cause consumer spending is way down so lets cut government spending"??? WTF??

You need to stop listening to El Rushbo and start thinking for yourself man.

shemptiness

« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2012, 11:18:32 pm »
Can we start a political thread?  Maybe call it 'politics' or 'why romney sucks' or 'why bammy sucks'?  

This is getting as boring as Wilco's setlist.

hutch

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2012, 11:30:45 pm »
As far as illegal immigration.

Get real. There is a reason the United States has been allowing immigrants into the country illegally for decades and will continue to do so.. republicans or democrats.. because they work CHEAP.. they clean your toilets, pick up your garbage, build your houses, and take care of your kids and they do it cheap.. if they didn't do it the US economy would collapse. And the reason its cheap is cause its under the table without benefits and below minimum wage.

or why do you think the US allows millions of hispanics into this country illegally???? Its not that hard to stop it but the US doesn't want to...ever wonder why???

let me add I support the Arizona law.

hutch

« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2012, 11:31:22 pm »
Can we start a political thread?  Maybe call it 'politics' or 'why romney sucks' or 'why bammy sucks'?  

This is getting as boring as Wilco's setlist.

huh?? this is the various random thoughts thread???

WTF??? I mean I can take it to the Just Announced thread if you prefer?  ;D

azaghal1981

« Reply #185 on: July 19, 2012, 09:08:13 pm »
Hard to disagree with Atomicfront on all but a few points: teachers don't make nearly enough, the stimulus should have been twice what it is and there's nothing in the constitution that says that anybody running for office should provide education records. All that said, it's hard to argue with his other points w/r/t Obama. He is in no way far enough to the left for me to support especially after this first term full of disappointments. If he were running for office in any other Western democracy, he would be considered a moderate conservative. If a more liberal third party candidate whose beliefs are closer to mine doesn't throw his/her hat into the ring, I'll also vote on the issues/for the local/state candidates about which/whom I care and ignore the presidential election. Maryland's a lock for Obama.
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2012, 11:07:42 pm »
He is in no way far enough to the left for me to support

No one in the history of our country has been as far radical left as Bammy.  Don't hold your breath waiting, better yet... ;)

FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2012, 12:02:54 am »

No one in the history of our country has been as far radical left as Bammy.  Don't hold your breath waiting, better yet... ;)

first off, you are yet again proving your lack of english comprehension skills with your use of the word "radical" here.

second of all, that obama is even in the running for more left-leaning leader this country has ever had is an indictment of this country.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2012, 12:13:06 am »

And there's no way you believe this. Unless you really know nothing abouta nything.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:46:45 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2012, 03:33:48 am »

And there's no way you believe this. Unless you really know nothing about nothing.

Just want to point out that "knowing nothing about nothing" would mean I know everything.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2012, 03:36:22 am »

first off, you are yet again proving your lack of english comprehension skills with your use of the word "radical" here.

second of all, that obama is even in the running for more left-leaning leader this country has ever had is an indictment of this country.

rad·i·cal   [rad-i-kuhl]
adjective
1. of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
2. thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.
3. favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms: radical ideas; radical and anarchistic ideologues.
4. forming a basis or foundation.
5. existing inherently in a thing or person: radical defects of character.

FUKIT

azaghal1981

« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2012, 04:47:14 am »

rad·i·cal   [rad-i-kuhl]
adjective
2. thoroughgoing or extreme, especially as regards change from accepted or traditional forms: a radical change in the policy of a company.
3. favoring drastic political, economic, or social reforms: radical ideas; radical and anarchistic ideologues.

rad·i·cal   [rad-i-kuhl]
adjective

احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2012, 04:49:46 am »

And there's no way you believe this. Unless you really know nothing about nothing.

Just want to point out that "knowing nothing about nothing" would mean I know everything.

Touche. Fixed.

I still say you don't really believe that Obama is the most liberal politician in American history. There are countless senators and congressmen in office right now that are way far left of him.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:52 am »
I'd say FDR was more radical left than Obama....
T.Rex

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2012, 05:11:12 am »
Why are so many of us up and posting during the wee hours of the morning?

Some of us maintain some rather radical sleep/awake patterns. Or is it a posting thing?