Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168179 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2012, 08:53:55 am »
My current boss is an ex 20+ year U.S. Marine. Unfortunately he never left. His management skills are that of a boot camp drill seargeant. He barks, yells and belittles constantly. I've tried to remind him on several occasions that shit doesn't fly on civvy street but he can't help himself. For example, last week one of the porters left the windows open in a Range Rover then it pissed down and flooded the interior of the vehicle. This was his way of dealing with it..."YOU FUCKING MORON....YOU JUST COST ME A THOUSAND DOLLARS....I OUGHT TO RAM MY DICK UP YOUR ARSE.....FUCKING RETARD....FUCK UP LIKE THAT ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL END UP FACE DOWN IN THE CANAL OUT BACK....LEARN FUCKING ENGLISH SO YOU'LL KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I'M TALKING ABOUT" This was in the middle of the repair shop for all to witness. I can't believe someone hasn't reported him yet. I've told him had I wanted to be screamed at all day by a lunatic on a power rush I would've stayed in the armed forces and got myself a full pension.

That's the down side of hiring some ex-Marines...it tends to be Marines too.
Fortunately his screaming goes in one ear and out the other so doesn't bother me.

Again not to be nit picking but....

1) The Marine Corps has Drill Instructors, not Drill Sergeants.
2) No such thing as an ex-Marine, seriously there isn't.  :)
3) unfortunately we have superiors who went to the Atilla the Hun leadership school in all walks of life.  In this case it was merely exacerbated by the time in the Corps (IMHO).

4) (Almost forgot) GO FLYERS!

Not to be nit-picking but......

Once you hand in your uniform and id card...YOU'RE AN EX-MARINE...Seriously, get over yourselves.

Why don't Marines ever stand down. Not even for 15 minutes?
It takes too long to re-train them!!
 :P

You miss the point.  There are things you are taught in the Corps that never EVER leave you.  Its one of those "you wouldn't understand" things.

How do you tell a level headed Marine?
He can spit tobacco out of both corners of his mouth at the same time.

It's not just the jar heads (bootnecks if you're a Brit Marine) that teaches  you things that never EVER leave you. So yes I do understand completely. You could say 'once a *fill in preferred branch of military here* always a *preferred branch of military*. That is not exclusive to you lot. We just have the capability to move on and not relive the glory days constantly.

Why do marines march in front of sailors?

Cause they love seamen in the rear ...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

hutch

« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2012, 11:30:32 am »
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201209_radar.html

oh  shit.

I am going to be so pissed if this fucking Isaac does anything to New Orleans.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2012, 12:52:03 pm »
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201209_radar.html

oh  shit.

I am going to be so pissed if this fucking Isaac does anything to New Orleans.

Not sure why...if you build a major coastal city on land below sea level you deserve everything you get really. (human tragedy not included of course. Just making a point)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2012, 08:31:07 pm »
My current boss is an ex 20+ year U.S. Marine. Unfortunately he never left. His management skills are that of a boot camp drill seargeant. He barks, yells and belittles constantly. I've tried to remind him on several occasions that shit doesn't fly on civvy street but he can't help himself. For example, last week one of the porters left the windows open in a Range Rover then it pissed down and flooded the interior of the vehicle. This was his way of dealing with it..."YOU FUCKING MORON....YOU JUST COST ME A THOUSAND DOLLARS....I OUGHT TO RAM MY DICK UP YOUR ARSE.....FUCKING RETARD....FUCK UP LIKE THAT ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL END UP FACE DOWN IN THE CANAL OUT BACK....LEARN FUCKING ENGLISH SO YOU'LL KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I'M TALKING ABOUT" This was in the middle of the repair shop for all to witness. I can't believe someone hasn't reported him yet. I've told him had I wanted to be screamed at all day by a lunatic on a power rush I would've stayed in the armed forces and got myself a full pension.

Fortunately his screaming goes in one ear and out the other so doesn't bother me.

3) unfortunately we have superiors who went to the Atilla the Hun leadership school in all walks of life.  In this case it was merely exacerbated by the time in the Corps (IMHO).

Once you hand in your uniform and id card...YOU'RE AN EX-MARINE...Seriously, get over yourselves.

You miss the point.  There are things you are taught in the Corps that never EVER leave you.  Its one of those "you wouldn't understand" things.

It's not just the jar heads (bootnecks if you're a Brit Marine) that teaches  you things that never EVER leave you. So yes I do understand completely. You could say 'once a *fill in preferred branch of military here* always a *preferred branch of military*. That is not exclusive to you lot. We just have the capability to move on and not relive the glory days constantly.

"Marines" and yes it is different.  Its OK if you do not accept that though.
FUKIT

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #440 on: August 30, 2012, 07:36:49 am »

"Marines" and yes it is different.  Its OK if you do not accept that though.

Yeah, okay....of course it is. It must be the frontal lobotomy they give marines during third week of marine boot camp.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #441 on: August 30, 2012, 07:29:52 pm »

Yeah, okay....of course it is. It must be the frontal lobotomy they give marines during third week of marine boot camp.

As long as you are happy believing that... But just so you don't go around ignorant the word Marine is always capitalized.  It isn't anything that we Marines decided.  Just the rules of grammar.  Next topic! :)
FUKIT

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #442 on: August 31, 2012, 02:54:23 am »
I've always liked the color aqua marine.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #443 on: August 31, 2012, 08:28:04 am »
Sailors should always listen to the marine forecast before putting out to sea.

azaghal1981

« Reply #444 on: August 31, 2012, 08:35:48 am »
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #445 on: August 31, 2012, 11:05:06 am »
CLINT EASTWOOD DELIVERS REMARKS AT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

AUGUST 30, 2012

EASTWOOD: Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you very much. Save a little for Mitt.

(APPLAUSE) I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, what?s a movie tradesman doing out here? You know they are all left wingers out there, left of Lenin. At least that is what people think. That is not really the case. There are a lot of conservative people, a lot of moderate people, Republicans, Democrats, in Hollywood. It is just that the conservative people by the nature of the word itself play closer to the vest. They do not go around hot dogging it.

(APPLAUSE)

So -- but they are there, believe me, they are there. I just think, in fact, some of them around town, I saw Jon Voight, a lot of people around.

(APPLAUSE)

Jon?s here, an academy award winner. A terrific guy. These people are all like-minded, like all of us.

So I -- so I?ve got Mr. Obama sitting here. And he?s -- I was going to ask him a couple of questions. But -- you know about -- I remember three and a half years ago, when Mr. Obama won the election. And though I was not a big supporter, I was watching that night when he was having that thing and they were talking about hope and change and they were talking about, yes we can, and it was dark outdoors, and it was nice, and people were lighting candles.

They were saying, I just thought, this was great. Everybody is trying, Oprah was crying.

(LAUGHTER)

EASTWOOD: I was even crying. And then finally -- and I haven?t cried that hard since I found out that there is 23 million unemployed people in this country.

(APPLAUSE)

Now that is something to cry for because that is a disgrace, a national disgrace, and we haven?t done enough, obviously -- this administration hasn?t done enough to cure that. Whenever interest they have is not strong enough, and I think possibly now it may be time for somebody else to come along and solve the problem.

(APPLAUSE)

So, Mr. President, how do you handle promises that you have made when you were running for election, and how do you handle them?

I mean, what do you say to people? Do you just -- you know -- I know -- people were wondering -- you don?t -- handle that OK. Well, I know even people in your own party were very disappointed when you didn?t close Gitmo. And I thought, well closing Gitmo -- why close that, we spent so much money on it. But, I thought maybe as an excuse -- what do you mean shut up?

(LAUGHTER)

OK, I thought maybe it was just because somebody had the stupid idea of trying terrorists in downtown New York City.

(APPLAUSE)

I?ve got to to hand it to you. I have to give credit where credit is due. You did finally overrule that finally. And that?s -- now we are moving onward. I know you were against the war in Iraq, and that?s okay. But you thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean -- you thought that was something worth doing. We didn?t check with the Russians to see how did it -- they did there for 10 years.

(APPLAUSE)

But we did it, and it is something to be thought about, and I think that, when we get to maybe -- I think you?ve mentioned something about having a target date for bringing everybody home. You gave that target date, and I think Mr. Romney asked the only sensible question, you know, he says, ?Why are you giving the date out now? Why don?t you just bring them home tomorrow morning??

(APPLAUSE)

And I thought -- I thought, yeah -- I am not going to shut up, it is my turn.

(LAUGHTER)

So anyway, we?re going to have -- we?re going to have to have a little chat about that. And then, I just wondered, all these promises -- I wondered about when the -- what do you want me to tell Romney? I can?t tell him to do that. I can?t tell him to do that to himself.

(APPLAUSE)

You?re crazy, you?re absolutely crazy. You?re getting as bad as Biden.

(APPLAUSE)

Of course we all now Biden is the intellect of the Democratic party.

(LAUGHTER)

Kind of a grin with a body behind it.

(LAUGHTER)

But I just think that there is so much to be done, and I think that Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan are two guys that can come along. See, I never thought it was a good idea for attorneys to the president, anyway.

(APPLAUSE)

I think attorneys are so busy -- you know they?re always taught to argue everything, and always weight everything -- weigh both sides...

MORE

(INSERT ZACH)

XXX I think attorneys are so busy -- you know they?re always taught to argue everything, always weigh everything, weigh both sides.

EASTWOOD: They are always devil?s advocating this and bifurcating this and bifurcating that. You know all that stuff. But, I think it is maybe time -- what do you think -- for maybe a businessman. How about that?

(APPLAUSE)

A stellar businessman. Quote, unquote, ?a stellar businessman.?

And I think it?s that time. And I think if you just step aside and Mr. Romney can kind of take over. You can maybe still use a plane.

(APPLAUSE)

Though maybe a smaller one. Not that big gas guzzler you are going around to colleges and talking about student loans and stuff like that.

(APPLAUSE)

You are an -- an ecological man. Why would you want to drive that around?

OK, well anyway. All right, I?m sorry. I can?t do that to myself either.

(APPLAUSE)

I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we -- we own this country.

(APPLAUSE)

We -- we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.

(APPLAUSE)

And -- so -- they are just going to come around and beg for votes every few years. It is the same old deal. But I just think it is important that you realize , that you?re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you?re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.

(APPLAUSE)

Okay, just remember that. And I?m speaking out for everybody out there. It doesn?t hurt, we don?t have to be

(AUDIENCE MEMBER): (inaudible)

(LAUGHTER)

I do not say that word anymore. Well, maybe one last time.

(LAUGHTER)

We don?t have to be -- what I?m saying, we do not have to be metal (ph) masochists and vote for somebody that we don?t really even want in office just because they seem to be nice guys or maybe not so nice guys, if you look at some of the recent ads going out there, I don?t know.

(APPLAUSE)

But OK. You want to make my day?

(APPLAUSE)

All right. I started, you finish it. Go ahead.

AUDIENCE: Make my day!

EASTWOOD: Thank you. Thank you very much.

oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2012, 11:12:14 am »
So amazingly stupid on the part of the GOP.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2012, 11:19:14 am »
All anyone thinking about Clint participating needed to do was check out his last Oscars performance (I think he was presenting some award and it was awful) to realize he was over the hill and not up for prime time.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #448 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:49 am »
I am a big Clint Eastwood fan, but this was painful to watch.

I kept thinking about Charlton Heston in Bowling for Columbine.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #449 on: August 31, 2012, 12:48:16 pm »
Clint is America's grandad...knows what he's talking about, but just a little dithering in his delivery.

He should've walked on stage, waved his index finger, said "Obama, get off my yard" then walked off.
Genius...absolutely genius!!!!  ;)