Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168119 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #495 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15:15 am »
Wow. That is not an enviable position. Very best to you Rat and hope all goes well and you come out a whole new healthier man.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #496 on: September 08, 2012, 02:48:03 am »
good luck, RB.  while they're in there, tell them to take out the voices too ;D
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #497 on: September 08, 2012, 02:59:30 am »
good luck, RB.  while they're in there, tell them to take out the voices too ;D

Does the noise in my head bother you? :P
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #498 on: September 08, 2012, 09:48:05 am »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #499 on: September 08, 2012, 10:12:45 am »
yeah good luck RB! get well soon

azaghal1981

« Reply #500 on: September 08, 2012, 01:18:16 pm »
Mittens is going on Meet the Press with his wife. Does he need her to be there to hold his hand? Does she also wipe his butt? Oh wait. Robots are not in need of butt wipings.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #501 on: September 08, 2012, 03:42:28 pm »
I'm basically pro-peace and anti-war these days and the idea of going to war just doesn't fly with me and it even makes me mad to think about it. Going to war is a serious business and shouldn't be taken lightly. I realize certain well financed and connected lobbies will do everything they can to get us into another one shortly- got to keep the war machine financed and justify paying those useless consultants- but I have no interest unless the national security of the United States is directly affected and my definition is strict and narrow (like somebody directly attacking us or about to). Hopefully President Obama will get to complete ending the Afghanistan War in 2014 and we can have a long period of peace and prosperity. I don't think it is a coincidence that the US economy prospered during Bill Clinton's time in office when we had no wars...Invariably we will hear, as we always do, that we must go to war to ensure we don't have to go to war and that freedom isn't free and that fill in the blank is Hitler and all that baloney...Romney, of course, is advised by the neocons who specialize in manufacturing wars out of nothing and will look to do so quickly and take us back into a 2002 mindset. I can never understand why we can't just let Israel take care of itself. They are far far more powerful than Iran and it is insulting to Israel to think that the US has to "protect them" or even "help them."

I have a friend, Jewish, who works for a major US newspaper and writes about defense. He is obsessed with the need to go to war with Iran (in fact I can remember debating about Iran with him in the mid 1990s). Oh of course he talks a lot about the wounded troops in Afghanistan but it is like he can't wait to get into the next war. Drives me crazy. Of course, he never hesitated about the need to go to war with Iraq. The connections between the neocons, the pro-Israel lobby,  and many journalists is worrying. Many American Jewish journalists go back and forth from Israel and have many contacts there. How could they possibly be impartial?

My family on my mother's side is Jewish down the line but I was not raised as such... I love Jewish people and the Jewish religion but I get tired of this we must go to war with Iran business.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:56:10 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #502 on: September 08, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »
President Obama is gettin a post-convention bounce

was up 1 or tied in Gallup two days ago and is up 4 today.. was down 2 in Rasmussen and is up 1 today... Favorability is +10 with Gallup now and even -1 with Rasmussen which was -8 as of their last survey.

hutch

« Reply #503 on: September 10, 2012, 12:24:04 pm »
I'm glad this is now my exclusive thread to talk to myself.

ANyways Romney is flailing badly.. now "Obamacare" which was so awful has parts that are not so awful..and which he'll keep

http://news.yahoo.com/mitt-romney-not-getting-rid-health-care-reform-234959138.html

Romney may need to shake up his campaign and get focused quickly... although today's polls should show somewhat conclusively if people are discounting the jobs report that came out on Friday.. if they are, and there are signs of that, then Romney is in trouble...

azaghal1981

« Reply #504 on: September 10, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »
I just doubt most people read job reports and/or spend their workdays posting on message boards about politics. We are the odd ones out for better or worse. Many people still watch television nightly from 8 to 11 though and saw how much more on top of things the Democrats were with their convention than the Republicans during theirs.

احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #505 on: September 10, 2012, 03:28:06 pm »
i just pet cats.

hutch

« Reply #506 on: September 10, 2012, 04:32:57 pm »
i just pet cats.

walkie this thread is reserved for politics now.. the cat days are over man!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #507 on: September 10, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »
oh . . . you are so dead to me.   :P

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #508 on: September 10, 2012, 04:42:05 pm »
i just pet cats.

Not true!!!!!  >:(

At least now we know where that fat fact twisting dog Hutch stands. (See below.)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #509 on: September 10, 2012, 05:59:10 pm »
i just pet cats.

MY thread. More cats.
😐 🎶