Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167867 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:31 am »
as long as your glasses & co-pay cost less than $400, you're still in the black (and blue).  uh... congrats?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #526 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:35 am »
sorry to hear that james ford

at least a good lesson for your children on helmets...

hutch

« Reply #527 on: September 17, 2012, 11:33:07 am »
I just love the way Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu goes on all the Sunday news programs talking to us Americans in terms of Football analogies "We don't want them to score a touchdown!"   And lets not forget the classic bit equating Iran's government to the mobs taking over embassies "You don't want THEM to get nuclear weapons, do youuuuu???" This guy is so out there..so beyond what is acceptable and so overplaying his hand that he may just one day wake up to find he's got no clothes on.....

Yada

« Reply #528 on: September 17, 2012, 11:59:28 am »
My random thought contribution...ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET

On Saturday, my daughter and I went shopping at Giant. We proceeded to participate in some kind of silly treasure hunt game they had set up. At the end, you turned in your game card and they checked it to see if you were the grand prize winner. All the while, my daughter was skipping through the store proclaiming that we were going to be the winners. I tried to explain to her to not get too excited, that only one shopper all day could be the winner.

We checked out, she took the card up, and voila, we were the grand prize winners of $400 in Giant gift cards. Guess I need to take my daughter lottery ticket shopping.

Then a couple hours later, just to prove that life aint too grand, I flipped over my mountain bike handlebars, broke my spare pair of eyeglasses i was wearing, and fractured my rib. Could have been much worse, as I hit the ground head first, but my helmet saved me.

Ooof... good luck with the cracked ribs. Cracked two in in Rosaryville St. Park in early August and they took nearly a month to heal.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #529 on: September 18, 2012, 03:51:17 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #530 on: September 18, 2012, 04:01:17 pm »
that looks like a middle-aged version of Firebutt McGee...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #531 on: September 19, 2012, 01:26:30 pm »
God I hope so! Brazilians are hot and the coolest..

http://news.yahoo.com/humans-eventually-look-brazilians-140349518.html

James Ford

« Reply #532 on: September 19, 2012, 01:36:10 pm »
As long as they don't all have Brazilian waxes, I'm ok with that.

Given the proportion of dumb people to smart people who breed, it will probably be a bunch of good looking dumb people. In satin baseball jackets.

God I hope so! Brazilians are hot and the coolest..

http://news.yahoo.com/humans-eventually-look-brazilians-140349518.html

azaghal1981

« Reply #533 on: September 22, 2012, 10:29:04 am »
Mittens has become a giant Mr. Burns looking tumor on the Republican party's ass. http://electoral-vote.com Last week, the senate totals for each of the parties were flipped and it looked as though the GOP were set to take the Senate. Keep running your mouth Mitt! Maybe the House will flip?

احمد

hutch

« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »
so for decades the term "African americans" was used.. now it seems to be "blacks"... is this the case?

azaghal1981

« Reply #535 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34:50 pm »
$225 minimum for Minibar now? I thought it would stay the same or if anything, would cost less after the expansion.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:45:28 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

hutch

« Reply #536 on: October 01, 2012, 10:50:47 pm »
$225 minimum for Minibar now? I thought it would stay the same or if anything, would cost less after the expansion.

people are beyond loaded in this town these days...

azaghal1981

« Reply #537 on: October 01, 2012, 11:25:48 pm »
Yeah, I doubt they will have trouble filling it up for the foreseeable future.
Still kind of sad, though. $150 (price before they expanded) for a meal is still insane but someone making an average wage in this town could feasibly swing it once if he/she really wanted to. $225 totally prices out most people.
احمد

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #538 on: October 01, 2012, 11:48:52 pm »

See, this is why certain types of people in DC haven't a fucking clue what it's like for the average person beyond the Beltway.

hutch

« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2012, 07:44:14 am »

See, this is why certain types of people in DC haven't a fucking clue what it's like for the average person beyond the Beltway.

oh I agree 100%.. people in the DC area are beyond out of touch..... but there will be a reckoning sometime...