Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167984 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #720 on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:17 am »

With regard to the election, Ratbastard has been mighty quiet lately.

somebody needs to wake him up (he may be heavily medicated) and tell him the world didn't end....

James Ford

« Reply #721 on: November 14, 2012, 10:14:57 am »
What's the deal with people stretched out taking two seats on a crowded  Metro train when they only paid for one? Today I saw a girl with her handbag to her side and one asscheek on one seat and the other asscheek on the other seat. And two guys with their legs streched out over the whole seat like they were home on their mama's couch watching football. Sometimes I even see white people pulling this shit, though that wasn't the case today.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #722 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:19 am »
if you just act like you are sitting on them to get the seat, being all rude about it and acting like you don't give a fuck about them . . . they will move.

Relaxer

« Reply #723 on: November 14, 2012, 11:30:28 am »
Walkonby, when is the last time you actually were on a DC metro?
oword

James Ford

« Reply #724 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:56 am »
One time I did politelyl ask a 250 pound teenage girl (think of the girl in Precious behaving like her mom and you get the idea) if she'd move her leg so I could sit down. When she refused, I tried to move her leg over, and she prompty punched me in the back of the head, knocking my glasses across the train car.

This is one of the reasons  why I usually stick to riding the VRE commuter train to work instead of taking Metro.

(think the movie Precious)
if you just act like you are sitting on them to get the seat, being all rude about it and acting like you don't give a fuck about them . . . they will move.

killsaly

« Reply #725 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:39 am »
You should not touch anyone, even if you do not agree with what they are doing.  While i dont agree with what the girl was doing, I definitely do not agree with you touching her.  Her punching your head was an appropriate response.

atomicfront

« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2012, 11:59:27 am »
When I worked in Downtown DC and lived in columbia, md i tried the metro a bunch of times but it was the worst experience ever.  I like how when  had to switch trains people would step on my shoes they were so disrespectful of other people.  Or how they would crowd into traiins that were already full and refuse to leave when the doors didn't shut.  And then the driver would make everyone get off.

Or how when riding up on the escalators people would walk past you hitting their laptop bags into you.  I got to the point where I would just stand in the middle of the escalator and not let them by.  I told them to take the steps iif they wanted to walk.

I eventually just started taking the bus in.  It went right from columbia to my job with only 5 stops or so.  It might have been a little longer than driving to the metro than changiing trains.  But it was sure a lot more relaxing.  Finally I convinced them to let me come in at 10 and just drove in.  Best way by far and the quickest.  Left columbia at 9:15 and was at my garage in DC at 10.  

atomicfront

« Reply #727 on: November 14, 2012, 12:00:19 pm »
You should not touch anyone, even if you do not agree with what they are doing.  While i dont agree with what the girl was doing, I definitely do not agree with you touching her.  Her punching your head was an appropriate response.

And his appropiate response to her punching him, would be to stab her?

hutch

« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2012, 12:02:57 pm »
DC metro blows.... to be avoided..not only does the service bring on the suck but the people who work in the system act like you're working for them...

one of the positives of moving to Arlington from DC has been buying a car and not riding the metro...

having said that, and I understand the frustration, obviously do not confront people over seats.. who cares??? Just fuckin' stand.. its not that hard.. don't let it get to you.. if its getting to you that much you're the one with the problem and its bigger than not having a seat for your lazy ass.

James Ford

« Reply #729 on: November 14, 2012, 12:05:20 pm »
In retrospect I do agree that attempting to move her leg was not a good move, however punching somebody in the head is rarely a proper response to ANYTHING in life, particularly as something as non-threatening as someone attempting to move your leg (from a place it shouldn't be).

atomicfront

« Reply #730 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:20 pm »
In retrospect I do agree that attempting to move her leg was not a good move, however punching somebody in the head is rarely a proper response to ANYTHING in life, particularly as something as non-threatening as someone attempting to move your leg (from a place it shouldn't be).

Did everyone see the video of the bus driver punching the women.  That is what james ford should have done after she punched him.  Mr Ford could have been a you tube star.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #731 on: November 14, 2012, 12:17:53 pm »
When somebody's taking extra seats I always just look at them and then the seat like i'm gonna sit there and they always accomodate.  Not always happily, but this always works when I do it.

I love metro, standing or sitting.  Big headphones come between me and all the rude people. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #732 on: November 14, 2012, 12:36:13 pm »
i've recently switched to a local job in DC and ride metro every day.  love it. 

when i come across a douchebag/douchebaguette taking up two seats i ask them politely if i could please sit in the other seat.  i haven't been turned down (or punched) once.  maybe it's just a numbers game and at some point i'll come across some idiot who won't share. 

edit: one morning there was a person taking up two seats on a full train and who was/appeared to be fast asleep.  i went over and nudged them, hoping to wake them up, and got no reaction.  other folks then informed me that they had also tried to wake him up with no success.  dunno if the person was truly asleep or just pretending (i.e. ignoring us).  either way i didn't care enough to do anything else about it so i stood.

Her punching your head was an appropriate response.

no it was not.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #733 on: November 14, 2012, 12:42:21 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #734 on: November 14, 2012, 01:56:35 pm »
Did everyone see the video of the bus driver punching the women.  That is what james ford should have done after she punched him.  Mr Ford could have been a you tube star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhqxX8zCjdQ