Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168275 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #750 on: November 15, 2012, 10:36:39 am »
This is how wars start. Seems like a more civilized response would be to move your leg from where it doesn't belong.

If you're going to advocate punching someone (which I don't), maybe advocate punching them in the arm. Or even elbow them in the gut. A punch to the face can do serious damage.

i actually see nothing wrong with this response. After living in NYC long enough, you learn to NEVER EVER EVER touch anyone for anything. Id have punched someone too if they touched my leg. Ive had guys put their hands on me, grope me in crowded trains, and ive elbowed more than my share. Im used to beyond crowded trains (people pushing in as doors are closing) so if you *have* to sit, wait for another train. Good luck tho - as you cant always assume there is one right behind. In NYC your odds are much better, but in DC maybe not.

Its an extreme response, but touching someone for any reason that you dont know, is f'ing insane. 

You should not touch anyone, even if you do not agree with what they are doing.  While i dont agree with what the girl was doing, I definitely do not agree with you touching her.  Her punching your head was an appropriate response.

...violence is the perfect way to difuse a situation.

That's like spending your way out of debt.

atomicfront

« Reply #751 on: November 15, 2012, 11:14:34 am »
Yeah I can't see why anyone thinks her response was in anyway appropiate.  If you keep increasing response someone ends up dead and the other person is looking at a long prison term.   

James Ford

« Reply #752 on: November 15, 2012, 11:36:42 am »
To me, the situation most reminded me of a number of simliar situations I encountered in my 13 years of riding a school bus as a public school student.

Often it was the case that some redneck asshole would drape his foot across the seat, not letting anybody sit down next to him/her. It was the norm to ask, then if denied, push the asshole's leg out of the way so you could sit down. This actually happened to me and I'm sure countless other bus riders a number of times.

I can't remember if the asshole ever responded with a punch to the head. But if he/she did respond that way, and it was observed by the bus driver, I'm quite certain no bus driver who was properly doing their job would side on the side of the asshole and deem a punch to the head as appropriate. The asshole would likely be reprimanded with some kind of punishment, and the person who had stood up for his/her right to sit down would go unpunished.

Anyway, like I said...I personally won't bother with these assholes anymore. I'm glad I'm not a regular Metro rider and I'm glad my daughter will never have to ride a school bus to school.

killsaly

« Reply #753 on: November 15, 2012, 11:40:32 am »
Yeah I can't see why anyone thinks her response was in anyway appropiate. 
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Do people on here think I am female? 

Why?  My username?  Do I post in a feminine manner?

atomicfront

« Reply #754 on: November 15, 2012, 11:43:21 am »
It remind me of all the people at the 930 club who excuse/push themselves by me and then stand right in front of me and then i have to pick them up and move them out of the way. Of course in these situations it is always guys who do it so I don't have to worry about them punching me in the back of the head.

atomicfront

« Reply #755 on: November 15, 2012, 11:44:29 am »
hahahahahahahahahahaha

I was talking about the metro rider who punched james ford. I assumed you were a guy from your posts on this board.

killsaly

« Reply #756 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:41 pm »
OK.  Good. 

James Ford

« Reply #757 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:56 pm »
Really? I find that women do that more often than men. And they're usually reasonably attractive, and seem to think that fact alone makes such behavior acceptable. Though maybe I'm projecting since I myself am not an attractive female.

It remind me of all the people at the 930 club who excuse/push themselves by me and then stand right in front of me and then i have to pick them up and move them out of the way. Of course in these situations it is always guys who do it so I don't have to worry about them punching me in the back of the head.

James Ford

« Reply #758 on: November 15, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »
The first four letters of your username are "kill". You must be a guy.

;D
hahahahahahahahahahaha

atomicfront

« Reply #759 on: November 15, 2012, 01:33:10 pm »
Really? I find that women do that more often than men. And they're usually reasonably attractive, and seem to think that fact alone makes such behavior acceptable. Though maybe I'm projecting since I myself am not an attractive female.

I guess attractive is in the eye of the beholder.   I think most chicks pushing their way forward want to get to very front and  I am never in the very front.  More likely to be 5 or 6 rows of people back.  But you could be the next to back person in the club and there would be some guy trying to push in front  of you to be one spot closer.  I have even had people in the upper level try to push in front of me on the rail.  Even when the place is pratically empty. 

I don't know how people get so disrespectful of other people.

azaghal1981

« Reply #760 on: November 15, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »
In other news, one of the most sophisticated militaries in the world is bombarding the most densely populated area in the world as we speak.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #761 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:52 pm »
Guess they should've moved their fucking legs.

In other news, one of the most sophisticated militaries in the world is bombarding the most densely populated area in the world as we speak.

azaghal1981

« Reply #762 on: November 15, 2012, 01:54:19 pm »
I snickered.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #763 on: November 15, 2012, 02:09:58 pm »

What is this Isreal and the gaza strip?  Why do we continue to give them tons of money that we dont have?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #764 on: November 15, 2012, 04:13:32 pm »
Guess they should've moved their fucking legs.

...maybe they should stop trying to play soldiers by throwing shitty little bombs into densely populated areas of a country with one of the most sophisticated militaries in the world.