Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1168008 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #765 on: November 15, 2012, 04:20:16 pm »
Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Iran etc just need to accept Israel is not going anywhere and deal with it.. their governments and leadership are selling their people a load of BS and false hope....Israel is here to stay whether they like it or not..they had their chance to do something about it at the beginning and they blew it....now its too late for them.

when you hear the new leader of Egypt hasn't yet mentioned the word "Israel" one time what are you supposed to think?

Or they can elect islamists and ratchet up tensions but Israel isnt' going to go anywhere and will kick all their asses..

I don't much care for the state of Israel or Netanyahu (I can't stand the guy) but come on Arabs and Palestinians .. lets get serious and deal with reality as is and not what we want it to be.

atomicfront

« Reply #766 on: November 15, 2012, 04:29:48 pm »
Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Iran etc just need to accept Israel is not going anywhere and deal with it.. their governments and leadership are selling their people a load of BS and false hope....Israel is here to stay whether they like it or not..they had their chance to do something about it at the beginning and they blew it....now its too late for them.

when you hear the new leader of Egypt hasn't yet mentioned the word "Israel" one time what are you supposed to think?

Or they can elect islamists and ratchet up tensions but Israel isnt' going to go anywhere and will kick all their asses..

I don't much care for the state of Israel or Netanyahu (I can't stand the guy) but come on Arabs and Palestinians .. lets get serious and deal with reality as is and not what we want it to be.

Well we wanted democracies in these countries.  So Eygptian people are on the side of the palestinans in Gaza.  If Syria has a revolution and a democracy they will be on the side Hamas a well.  Israel should work on peace with the palestinians.  I guess with the support of the US they can do whatever they want because we can veto any UN security council action. 

I just wish we would cut off aide to israel and eygpt.  We don't have the money and even if we did it could be spent on better things.

azaghal1981

« Reply #767 on: November 15, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »
The aid is insane and makes no sense at this point. Goes to show what lobbyists with deep pockets can accomplish.

With that said, this last provocation was stupid and gives the right wing elements in the Israeli government the excuse to indiscriminantly kill under the guise of self defense that they are looking for.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:10:43 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

wml7

« Reply #768 on: November 15, 2012, 08:15:52 pm »
To me, the situation most reminded me of a number of simliar situations I encountered in my 13 years of riding a school bus as a public school student.

Often it was the case that some redneck asshole would drape his foot across the seat, not letting anybody sit down next to him/her. It was the norm to ask, then if denied, push the asshole's leg out of the way so you could sit down. This actually happened to me and I'm sure countless other bus riders a number of times.

I can't remember if the asshole ever responded with a punch to the head. But if he/she did respond that way, and it was observed by the bus driver, I'm quite certain no bus driver who was properly doing their job would side on the side of the asshole and deem a punch to the head as appropriate. The asshole would likely be reprimanded with some kind of punishment, and the person who had stood up for his/her right to sit down would go unpunished.

Anyway, like I said...I personally won't bother with these assholes anymore. I'm glad I'm not a regular Metro rider and I'm glad my daughter will never have to ride a school bus to school.

Great story Forrest Gump

;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:07:26 pm by wml7 »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #769 on: November 16, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »
To me, the situation most reminded me of a number of simliar situations I encountered in my 13 years of riding a school bus as a public school student.

Often it was the case that some redneck asshole would drape his foot across the seat, not letting anybody sit down next to him/her. It was the norm to ask, then if denied, push the asshole's leg out of the way so you could sit down. This actually happened to me and I'm sure countless other bus riders a number of times.

I can't remember if the asshole ever responded with a punch to the head. But if he/she did respond that way, and it was observed by the bus driver, I'm quite certain no bus driver who was properly doing their job would side on the side of the asshole and deem a punch to the head as appropriate. The asshole would likely be reprimanded with some kind of punishment, and the person who had stood up for his/her right to sit down would go unpunished.

Anyway, like I said...I personally won't bother with these assholes anymore. I'm glad I'm not a regular Metro rider and I'm glad my daughter will never have to ride a school bus to school.

Great story Forrest Gump

;D

Seat's taken!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #770 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:16 pm »
The aid is insane and makes no sense at this point. Goes to show what lobbyists with deep pockets can accomplish.

With that said, this last provocation was stupid and gives the right wing elements in the Israeli government the excuse to indiscriminantly kill under the guise of self defense that they are looking for.

The whole Palestine / Israel situation is hopeless. Until the Palestinians accept Israel is here to stay it will never be solved, and Palestine will lose. I feel bad for them but they need to live in the present and look towards a future for the sake of their kids and stop living in the past.

I know that's probably easy for me to say not being in their shoes, but reality is what reality is.

Mobius

« Reply #771 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:08 am »
....Israel is here to stay whether they like it or not..they had their chance to do something about it at the beginning and they blew it....now its too late for them.

What if the Arab nations had accepted the original UN delination of Israel, giving them Gaza and the West Bank and splitting Jerusalem, and instead of committing to unending war actually made an effort to help the Palestinian people??  They chose a path of hate and death instead of life.  Dead end dogma and propaganda and haplessness instead of education and improvement.  That's how they blew it.

azaghal1981

« Reply #772 on: November 19, 2012, 08:19:39 am »
Must be convenient to be able to view the conflict as one-sidedly as that. Too bad it is not grounded in reality.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #773 on: November 19, 2012, 10:17:18 am »
people who take religion seriously . . . are not based in reality.

hutch

« Reply #774 on: November 19, 2012, 10:20:14 am »
....Israel is here to stay whether they like it or not..they had their chance to do something about it at the beginning and they blew it....now its too late for them.

What if the Arab nations had accepted the original UN delination of Israel, giving them Gaza and the West Bank and splitting Jerusalem, and instead of committing to unending war actually made an effort to help the Palestinian people??  They chose a path of hate and death instead of life.  Dead end dogma and propaganda and haplessness instead of education and improvement.  That's how they blew it.

what if you had a house.... and you shared it with someone... that person left and you lived in it for over a thousand years..maybe 1800 years.. don't know exactly how long..

suddenly the person comes back..

someone else you don't really know tells you "Hey, you got to split the house with your old roomie...he's had a really rough time lately.. nothing you did mind you"

would you say yes?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:21:45 am by hutch »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #775 on: November 19, 2012, 10:31:56 am »
if they didn't take man made religion seriously and didn't start wars based on it . . . then yes, i would.

azaghal1981

« Reply #776 on: November 19, 2012, 10:40:25 am »

what if you had a house.... and you shared it with someone... that person left and you lived in it for over a thousand years..maybe 1800 years.. don't know exactly how long..

someone else you don't really know tells you "Hey, you got to split the house with your old roomie...he's had a really rough time lately.. nothing you did mind you"

would you say yes?

Precisely. Anybody would have resisted if they were faced with such a predicament. And Israel's continuing to forcefully expand (while all this Gaza stuff is going on, they are building new settlements in the West Bank as we speak) is just as big an obstacle to peace as anything Hamas has done.

احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #777 on: November 19, 2012, 10:44:36 am »
yes . . . humans having to share with others.  and get along.  and see each other as equal.  and not fight.  and love.  all ruined, because some idiot invented religion.  satan knows exactly what he is doing.   

azaghal1981

« Reply #778 on: November 19, 2012, 11:02:09 am »
I guess genocidal maniacs breed genocidal maniacs: http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?ID=292466
Couldn't finish it.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #779 on: November 19, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

would you say yes?

All these opinions coming from a city who's football team is called the "redskins".   I consider that somewhat ironic.