Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1167988 times)

azaghal1981

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #930 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:35 am »
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #931 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:06 am »
David Brooks: Florence and the Machine fan? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/opinion/brooks-florence-and-the-drones.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

This has nothing to do with Florence and the Machine.  Thanks for wasting my time.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #932 on: February 08, 2013, 11:54:37 am »
blame cuba

and that sandwich is awful too.  plus mark cuban is a jerk.  and whatever happened to cuba gooding jr?

We had parties on two consecutive weekends.  I made reubens for the first, and cubans for the second.  And while I'm still a big fan of cubans, I'd have to say I vastly prefer the reubens.  Of course, I corned my own beef, so I was feeling the love.  Reubens over Cubans!

killsaly

« Reply #933 on: February 08, 2013, 12:42:56 pm »
David Brooks: Florence and the Machine fan? http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/opinion/brooks-florence-and-the-drones.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

This has nothing to do with Florence and the Machine.  Thanks for wasting my time.
He didnt say it did, he was pointing out that the author made an homage to the group's name in the title of his article.

azaghal1981

« Reply #934 on: February 08, 2013, 01:01:25 pm »

He didnt say it did, he was pointing out that the author made an homage to the group's name in the title of his article.

This.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #935 on: February 08, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »

This.

lame trying to get me to read some boring article by tempting me with mentioning florence and the machine. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #936 on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »
it's your own damn fault for being so guillible and easily led... "oh, look, florence and da machine - IZ POPULAAR MUST FOLLOW!!!1111".
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #937 on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:29 pm »
:)
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #938 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
it's your own damn fault for being so guillible and easily led... "oh, look, florence and da machine - IZ POPULAAR MUST FOLLOW!!!1111".

nothing to do with popular I just love her music.  If he had put Best Coast i would have followed as well.  You do know I like these bands before they are popular, don't you? 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #939 on: February 08, 2013, 09:29:40 pm »
best coast =  blech

atomicfront

« Reply #940 on: February 12, 2013, 01:03:55 pm »
Wrestling is cut from the olympics.  I think we can all agree this is a good thing. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #941 on: February 12, 2013, 01:57:24 pm »
Wrestling is cut from the olympics.  I think we can all agree this is a good thing. 

how is that a good thing?  olympic wrestling is a real sport, and it's one of the originals - ancient greeks wrestled. 

i can't see how eliminating a sport is a good thing.  if you don't like it, fine, don't watch.  those who have spent years training in hopes of making it to the olympics are about to be very disappointed.

QUOTE:
"In recent years, however, the I.O.C. has expressed concern about the growing size of the Summer Games and has wanted to cap the number of athletes at about 10,500. It has also said it wants to draw younger viewers among the international television audience. Among the sports that wrestling must compete with for future inclusion in the Games are climbing and wakeboarding."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/sports/olympics-may-drop-wrestling-in-2020.html

awesome  ::)
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #942 on: February 12, 2013, 02:12:26 pm »

how is that a good thing?  olympic wrestling is a real sport, and it's one of the originals - ancient greeks wrestled. 

i can't see how eliminating a sport is a good thing.  if you don't like it, fine, don't watch.  those who have spent years training in hopes of making it to the olympics are about to be very disappointed.

QUOTE:
"In recent years, however, the I.O.C. has expressed concern about the growing size of the Summer Games and has wanted to cap the number of athletes at about 10,500. It has also said it wants to draw younger viewers among the international television audience. Among the sports that wrestling must compete with for future inclusion in the Games are climbing and wakeboarding."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/sports/olympics-may-drop-wrestling-in-2020.html

I just remember all the kids in high school who had to lose weight by not eating for days so they could wrestle.  That doesn't sound healthy.   Climbing sounds like something that might actually be interesting to watch. They can eliminate boxing as well as that is all rigged anyways. 

atomicfront

« Reply #943 on: February 12, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »
So my favorite holiday of the year is coming up.  So anyone doing anything interesting for valentines day? 

hutch

« Reply #944 on: February 12, 2013, 02:19:11 pm »

QUOTE:

ending wrestling at the olympics is insane.. if you're going to end something end something like tennis or one of the highly professional sports like soccer.. sports that have no business being in the olympics...

it is precisely a sport like wrestling that the olympics should be all about. a sport that as far as i know is largely amateur and doesn't have much visibility outside the olympics...