Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1180120 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1620 on: June 21, 2013, 05:16:59 pm »
Yes, but dont you think the one designed by the 12 year old is a little better?

It is.  I think that says more about Grandpa Al than it does the 12 year old.

As far as covers go, I like Unsane's hand job better than this one.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1621 on: June 22, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »
Caffeinated envelopes and postage stamps
😐 🎶

Yada

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1623 on: June 25, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »
yada . . . you know how to post, instant classics.  thank you.

James Ford

« Reply #1624 on: July 01, 2013, 11:26:11 am »
Went to dinner at a friends house Saturday night. Mind you these friends are flaming liberals. My six year old girl didn't want to play with their five year old boy because "all he wants to do is play with toy guns."

I want to tell my friend he should have his flaming liberal membership card revoked for buying his five year old multiple toy guns. But I can't really do that, can I?

hutch

« Reply #1625 on: July 01, 2013, 11:31:58 am »
Went to dinner at a friends house Saturday night. Mind you these friends are flaming liberals. My six year old girl didn't want to play with their five year old boy because "all he wants to do is play with toy guns."

I want to tell my friend he should have his flaming liberal membership card revoked for buying his five year old multiple toy guns. But I can't really do that, can I?

oh absolutely..that is an easy one .. you say "man you should have your flaming liberal membership card revoked for buying your kid all these guns!.. .HA HA HA HAH AHAH"

and then its like you're kidding but he'll have this nagging "was he REALLY kidding? he may be onto something.." feeing

i call it kidding on the square..Al Franken coined that term as far as I know..

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1626 on: July 01, 2013, 01:56:26 pm »
or you could let kids be kids

no matter what you do . . . if they are going to grow and be a monster, that is their destiny.

Yada

« Reply #1627 on: July 01, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »
or you could let kids be kids

no matter what you do . . . if they are going to grow and be a monster, that is their destiny.

my thoughts as well... I grew up playing war/shooting guns and turned out to be one of them bleeding liberals. I still enjoy shooting guns too.

vansmack

« Reply #1628 on: July 01, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »

Why? I played with toy guns as a kid and I'm guessing you did too.  I'd venture to guess neither of us own real guns today.  I know I certainly don't.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #1629 on: July 01, 2013, 03:06:40 pm »
Pont taken.

But what skills are being developed, other than acting like an asshole skills?

I thought it was funny when they were downstairs and the next thing you know my friends son was crying. Apparently he was acting like a wreckless spazz and crashed into a ceiling column. And he was crying not because of the crash but because my daughter laughed at his crash. (Of course I didn't telll her that, in fact I told her that she shouldn't laught at someone else's misfortune...but shit, that was funny.)

Why? I played with toy guns as a kid and I'm guessing you did too.  I'd venture to guess neither of us own real guns today.  I know I certainly don't.

slappy

« Reply #1630 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42:33 pm »

But what skills are being developed, other than acting like an asshole skills?

I'd contend those battery-operated mini cars/humvee's the kids sit and ride around in are a greater risk at increasing the asshole skills. In my 'hood parents stand around and let their kids ride around in the streets on them. They run into street when you drive by in an actual car to warn you to slow down.

The sense of entitlement will be huge in these little fuckers.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1631 on: July 01, 2013, 06:44:51 pm »
make sure you have a board game night, a nature something day, a pizza night, a whatever one tv show you want to watch night, and go play putt putt golf with your kids, too.  that is what my parents did, and i turned out . . . just fine.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1632 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »
ooh this better be good.

http://pearljam.com/countdown

i cannot wait.

the excitement is palpable.

palpable, i say.

Yada

« Reply #1633 on: July 03, 2013, 02:19:24 pm »
ooh this better be good.

http://pearljam.com/countdown

i cannot wait.

the excitement is palpable.

palpable, i say.

tour or new album?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1634 on: July 03, 2013, 02:20:49 pm »
the possibilities are endless.