Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1216608 times)

Yada

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3660 on: June 30, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »
If memory serves me, you're always in pain... which marijuana would help with.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3661 on: June 30, 2014, 03:49:21 pm »
If memory serves me, you're always in pain... which marijuana would help with.

Actually not so much pain that it is intolerable.
With all treatments there are unintended consequences, in this case they would be worse than any benefits.
FUKIT

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3662 on: June 30, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »
he would eat everything in the refrigerator.   darn consequences.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3663 on: June 30, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »
he would eat everything in the refrigerator.   darn consequences.

OK OK OK you have exceeded your humorous post attempts for the day.  Thanks for making me laugh today guy.  I don't care what anyone else says about you, you are OK by me (for whatever little that is worth).
FUKIT

stevewizzle

« Reply #3664 on: June 30, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

i cant wait until a corporation refuses to give insurance to a gay person, or a jewish person, or a muslim . . . due to religious beliefs.  that, should be, amusing.

The whole problem is that business are forced to provide insurance in the first place.  There is absolute no logical reason that an employer should be your point of purchase for insurance.  This causes WAY more problems that it solves.  The far better solution is to have employers include funding for employees to buy insurance where they want.  You eliminate massive amounts of overhead cost by doing this as well as get rid of the entire concept of portability and (what is commonly mislabeled as) pre-existing conditions.

does this idea have traction anywhere, or is this just what you think the system should be?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3665 on: June 30, 2014, 04:50:12 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

i cant wait until a corporation refuses to give insurance to a gay person, or a jewish person, or a muslim . . . due to religious beliefs.  that, should be, amusing.

The whole problem is that business are forced to provide insurance in the first place.  There is absolute no logical reason that an employer should be your point of purchase for insurance.  This causes WAY more problems that it solves.  The far better solution is to have employers include funding for employees to buy insurance where they want.  You eliminate massive amounts of overhead cost by doing this as well as get rid of the entire concept of portability and (what is commonly mislabeled as) pre-existing conditions.
I 100% agree with the problem you lay out. I disagree on the most reasonable, equitable solution: single-payer Medicaid for all.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3666 on: June 30, 2014, 04:53:10 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

I 100% agree with the problem you lay out. I disagree on the most reasonable, equitable solution: single-payer Medicaid for all.

The absolute WORST thing that could happen to health care in this country is that it all be funded by the government.
FUKIT

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3667 on: June 30, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

The absolute WORST thing that could happen to health care in this country is that it all be funded by the government.
Yeah, it only works in every other civilized country, and lowers business costs massively which is a JOB CREATOR.

LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3668 on: June 30, 2014, 05:11:38 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

does this idea have traction anywhere, or is this just what you think the system should be?

I have no idea who (if anyone) subscribes to this theory other than me.  However it really has a basis in logic and reason.  The whole concept of having employers as the point of purchase of your health insurance is absurd on its face.  Forcing employers to provide insurance is the worst thing that ever happened to the health care system.  Taking steps to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to have healthcare is great, but the way it is one now is down right stupid.  It causes many problems and much higher costs.  If we instead made it illegal for employers to actually provide the insurance and rather allowed them to provide funding for employees to go out and buy exactly what they want, the system would be much better.  Make it so that part of the compensation package would be up to $X for purchasing insurance.  Employees could then go get what they want knowing how much would be funded for them.  We should allow BC/BS to go back to what they were initially supposed to be, that being (for lack of better term) insurance brokers who sell all plans from all companies.  The saving would be HUGE...

Employers save:
They would not have to have staff who maintain all of the insurance records.
They would not have to negotiate every year over insurance plans with insurance companies.
They would not have to do the tons of paper work involved every year.

Insurance companies cave:
They would not have to negotiate every year over insurance plans with each employer.

Consumers save:
They will no longer be forced to buy only what their employer offers.
They can be part of whatever plan and group they want to buy into.  These groups are not limited to just the employees of one business.  They can be huge and with the risk being spread larger prices come down.  This is one of the base principles of insurance and risk.
They no longer have to worry about portability since your insurance is YOURS not your employers.

Lastly, we need to treat health care like what it is.  It is NOT a market commodity.  Health care should not be a for profit enterprise (assuming we all know the difference between non-profit and not for profit).  We need to eliminate these HMOs and such that are publicly traded ventures.  Basically, unless you are an employee of the health care system, you ought not make money off of other people being sick.  (That is way over simplified, but I am thinking you see the point I am making.)

FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3669 on: June 30, 2014, 05:13:27 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

Yeah, it only works in every other civilized country, and lowers business costs massively which is a JOB CREATOR.

1) No it doesn't.
2) No it doesn't, it costs businesses and workers more.
3) If the second were true it has the possibility of creating jobs at best.
FUKIT

atomic

« Reply #3670 on: June 30, 2014, 09:52:17 pm »
The government pays for my healthcare plan.  My.companies healthcare plan is so bad I am on my wifes plan.  Just like most people at my company.  Tons of people are married to school teachers.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3671 on: July 01, 2014, 08:13:01 am »
The government pays for my healthcare plan.

No they don't.  Other people pay for your health care plan.
FUKIT

« Reply #3672 on: July 01, 2014, 08:26:09 am »
^^the truth
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #3673 on: July 01, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »
The government pays for my healthcare plan.  My.companies healthcare plan is so bad I am on my wifes plan.  Just like most people at my company.  Tons of people are married to school teachers.

are you like, a random sentence generator bot or something?

stevewizzle

« Reply #3674 on: July 01, 2014, 12:58:32 pm »
hobby lobby, wins. 

I have no idea who (if anyone) subscribes to this theory other than me.  However it really has a basis in logic and reason.  The whole concept of having employers as the point of purchase of your health insurance is absurd on its face.  Forcing employers to provide insurance is the worst thing that ever happened to the health care system.  Taking steps to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to have healthcare is great, but the way it is one now is down right stupid.  It causes many problems and much higher costs.  If we instead made it illegal for employers to actually provide the insurance and rather allowed them to provide funding for employees to go out and buy exactly what they want, the system would be much better.  Make it so that part of the compensation package would be up to $X for purchasing insurance.  Employees could then go get what they want knowing how much would be funded for them.  We should allow BC/BS to go back to what they were initially supposed to be, that being (for lack of better term) insurance brokers who sell all plans from all companies.  The saving would be HUGE...

Employers save:
They would not have to have staff who maintain all of the insurance records.
They would not have to negotiate every year over insurance plans with insurance companies.
They would not have to do the tons of paper work involved every year.

Insurance companies cave:
They would not have to negotiate every year over insurance plans with each employer.

Consumers save:
They will no longer be forced to buy only what their employer offers.
They can be part of whatever plan and group they want to buy into.  These groups are not limited to just the employees of one business.  They can be huge and with the risk being spread larger prices come down.  This is one of the base principles of insurance and risk.
They no longer have to worry about portability since your insurance is YOURS not your employers.

Lastly, we need to treat health care like what it is.  It is NOT a market commodity.  Health care should not be a for profit enterprise (assuming we all know the difference between non-profit and not for profit).  We need to eliminate these HMOs and such that are publicly traded ventures.  Basically, unless you are an employee of the health care system, you ought not make money off of other people being sick.  (That is way over simplified, but I am thinking you see the point I am making.)

i think that makes a whole lot of sense.